Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
need some advise for my sleeping savage (Read 153 times)
Phil239
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Myers FL
Re: need some advise for my sleeping savage
Reply #15 - 12/06/15 at 21:27:22

battery is charged and sparky looks good, waitin on a new oil filter in the mail then gona gona try throwin it in there with some fresh oil and see what happens. keepin my fingers crossed for at least a turn over so i can rule out seized engine. i usually pour 1.8 quarts of oil in would anyone disagree with that amount? will be pullin of the timing cover in the morning 2 so expect an update soon  Tongue

IP Logged
chzeckmate
Serious Thumper

Be the person your
dog thinks you are

Houston, Texas
Reply #16 - 12/06/15 at 23:22:29

verslagen1 wrote on 12/05/15 at 10:26:58:
Serowbot wrote on 12/05/15 at 09:31:25:
pull the timing cover on the left side,... then use a 17mm socket to see if it will turn freely in neutral... go ccw...

take sparky out too (jog will remind you to clean the top off so dirt won't fall in)

I would do this before doing anything else.  This will tell you if it's seized and give you a place to go from.  Nothing wrong with buying the new oil filter and oil, but it it's seized there's no point in waiting for that to arrive to get started.

'05 S40, dyna muffler, rejet, high flow filter, Mobil 1 Racing 4T, Shinko 230 set with 140/90 rear, raptor, seat lift, LED running lights/signals, tach, reversed risers, homemade MR10 Lexan windscreen
  IP Logged
Phil239
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fort Myers FL
Reply #17 - 12/07/15 at 02:59:06

Ah I didn't realize that it not turning in neutral would be a sign of seizure I'll move that up to first thing to do lol

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 14:33:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › need some advise for my sleeping savage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.