SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Here Bot........
Reply #15 - 12/05/15 at 19:02:35

cheapnewb24 wrote on 12/05/15 at 18:30:02:
raydawg wrote on 12/05/15 at 18:22:09:
cheapnewb24 wrote on 12/05/15 at 18:00:04:
For the moment, I am not even going to attempt to comment on everyone's posts here. They seem kinda scary Huh Lips Sealed.

Bot, I guess Raydawg is trying to accuse you of relating the Crusades to Christianity Huh, which is not particularly unusual.  Wink

I think the idea he is trying to propose is that the Crusades suck, the Crusaders suck, and that we should rename them the "pope's poopers" simply because we Christians want nothing to do with those stupid, lousy, stinkin', murderous blankety-blank blank blanks  Wink

Plain English Version  Cheesy

Gee...... you must have an advanced degree in Cryptanalysis,
that would explain Bots inability to grasp something so rudimentary  Roll Eyes

I wonder if he said it aloud he might hear the hypocrisy within it?  

Revealing Bot's hypocrisy by quoting me? Revealing my hypocrisy by stating it aloud instead of writing it? I don't fully understand here? Who's the hypocrite and how and why? I would assume you're referring to Bot, but I don't quite understand what you're saying.

Too funny, or maybe i am just waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out there  Grin

When I asked "how" I was showing you I can speak Indian tongue  Wink

And the other post was in reference to "bot" claiming he didn't get what you quickly got.....

Make sense now?

I hope it did, I typed real slow  Grin

Sorry, always the clown I am  Smiley

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #16 - 12/05/15 at 19:13:12

"How" kinda hit me as having a double meaning, so I didn't fully get the joke.

I just was wondering who was the hypocrite and how? I found your comment on Bot's hypocrisy to be a little confusing.

Maybe ol' Serobot didn't really try to understand it. Maybe he just skimmed it once and thought that was enough Tongue.

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #17 - 12/05/15 at 19:17:24

Serowbot wrote on 12/05/15 at 07:49:30:
Sometimes, I just can't follow your logic...

You ask questions without posing them...

Anybody get this?... Undecided...

Raydawg, is this what you say would make him sound hypocritical if he said it aloud?

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #18 - 12/05/15 at 19:22:16

If Bot is only pretending not to understand, then why? Huh

Does he not want to answer? Huh

Is he waiting until you write something he can pounce upon? Huh

If so, I think Serowbot should read us our Miranda rights Grin Grin

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #19 - 12/06/15 at 03:30:19

raydawg wrote on 12/05/15 at 12:42:55:
Stike one!
I am American Indian.....
However, you are pretty close in other assumptions.
My great grandfather on my mothers side was in fact a German emigrant who went west to trap.
He stole my great grandmother off the reservation and married her.
I even have pictures of this, which are way cool.
Yes, my history lesson is public school and what they deemed appropriate, I reckon.

OK, which means to my understanding you would resent in anyone describing ALL American settlers as GOOD and ALL American Indians as BAD, to say the least.

Quote:
You dude seem to hold your views and knowledge as surperior and factual, even prolly to the point you think your beliefs are unique and novel, withhout prejudice and bias, all us other heathens have been tainted with....

Er, actually, NO. The Crusades are the history of Europe, plain and simple.
Wherever you go today in Italy and France you will find not ruins but living villages which are named after Crusader history,
because the Knights Templars or the Knights of Malta had a garrison there which provided shelter to pilgrims and haven from robbers hiding in the woods.

The Crusades are the story of Europe meaning the story of my People.
Quite simply, we don't study the Middle Ages as "the Dark Ages of woe and famine"
much less as a fairy tale with castles and knights and dragons and ladies in distress...
My own history book of the Middle Ages in High School was a good 300+ pages, from the last sacking of Rome in 476 to the discovery of America in 1492.

Quote:
Your glib reference to Truman et al, is nothing but your own crock, and is a simple extension of your ego and folly, for history can not be undone or proven, key word here amigo..... Proven, by its vey nature.

I studied that portion of US history way back then, my history teacher was E.Richard Michaelson (jewish) and he had us write a term paper on "the Bomb", asking us to dissert whether the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki was a good idea or not.

The point is, even if you go and read University-level history books, they will all agree in saying that "the Bomb" did seem a good idea to Pres. Truman (else, he wouldn't have approved it).

Or... are you telling me that the Generals in the Pentagon had pressed Pres. Truman into a corner and pressured him into signing a document he disapproved?

Don't you understand I am actually defending him ?  Huh

Quote:
You want to stroke yourself with Monday morning quarterbacking, be my guess, for we could all have a hoot talking Italy's history and their self imposed importance.....

A Nation's importance is always related to a specific time in history.
From the fall of the Roman Empire in Rome, the ONE power in Europe was Greece, home to the Roman Empire of the East.
Then came France under the Capets etc. up to the 16th Century.
Then came Spain with its conquests of Central and South America.
England and the UK became big and powerful thanks to the "Seven Years' War" (French&Indian to you) and maintained their status up to WW1.
Americans tend to dismiss the Moorish, Persian and Turkish Empires... but see how wide they spanned... and I'm only talking about the Mediterranean Basin.

Are the US a World Power ? Yes, they became THE World Power in 1945 because of all victor states they were the only one never to be physically damaged by the war
(not including the bombing of Pearl Harbor... but nobody ever bombed Detroit, New Yor City or Bostoin, did they?)
The US remained THE world Power after they beat the USSR in a financial war to high technology, but started losing out when the Treasury decided to unlink the US Dollar from the value of gold...
That's when the price of oil skyrocketed and "emerging nations" (India, Brazil, South Africa) started growing.

Who will be "#1 Nation" in 2050 ? I don't know... maybe China, maybe India, maybe Brazil...
...maybe the Congo might be in 2100...

As for Italy...
Up until 1861 Italy was really just a geographical expression...
...but way back in those same Middle Ages which you claim to know so well, Tuscany was the center of commerce, banking and, oh, THE ARTS !
Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo Buonarroti, Raffaello, Giotto, Cimabue, Bernini, Donatello but also Dante, Machiavelli, Petrarca...
If they weren't born there they did their apprenticeship there...
What is Tuscany today ? A Region (=State to you) within the Republic of Italy.
What is Italy ? A Member State within the European Union.
What is the European Union? A project, work in progress, among nations with 1000+ years of national identity, which means it is very difficult to convince many to relinquish their national sovereignty "for the common good".
But way back in 1781... read hisotry books... the one most commonly used currency used in the newbord United States of America was the Spanish Dobloon... because you had just thrown out the English Pound...
...and people spoke Dutch and German in Pennsylvania.
I'm not making this up, this is what I learned in school.
Ellen Glasgow Junior High.
Have a happy weekend.

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #20 - 12/06/15 at 06:23:45

Ok......

Too much here to cover, but I will try a simple answer, hoping it explains who/what/why/where, I view myself and the world.

I don't, or make that , I try, to not have expectations of others, as it will most always lead to resentments, like you refer to, for in doing so it burdens me, or another way to say it, is it lets others live in my mind rent free.....

As to all the history you shared, I am not in anyway, vested in a position to argue its authenticity.
However, I do know, and I hold it as fact, that who ever tells the story, written or speaking, controls the information.

Example, studies have shown testimony in courts of eyewitness's, which the courts decree as more worthy of consideration, are not what we once believed.
That one persons eyewitness has often been the foundation for others to develop their belief around even if the have to convince themselves that what they thought they saw, they didn't.

Don't want to really get any deeper into this discussion, for dialogue in person is hard enough, this format next to impossible  Grin

I do love the simplicity of old adages, as they have survived scrutiny and time....

And I think all this can be reduced to the wisdom of this one: “YOU CAN’T REALLY UNDERSTAND ANOTHER PERSON’S EXPERIENCE UNTIL YOU’VE WALKED A MILE IN THEIR SHOES.”

PS: How many folk would willing take their shoes off, to let another walk in them today?
I think most fear the scrutiny of the new wearer  Wink

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #21 - 12/06/15 at 06:58:37

Have to walk the first few miles, to grasp the basis for an individuals sense of self, and a few others,, but, point is, Really understanding someone takes more than tossing barbs back and forth..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #22 - 12/07/15 at 01:07:24

" I think all this can be reduced to the wisdom of this one: “YOU CAN’T REALLY UNDERSTAND ANOTHER PERSON’S EXPERIENCE UNTIL YOU’VE WALKED A MILE IN THEIR SHOES.”

PS: How many folk would willing take their shoes off, to let another walk in them today?
I think most fear the scrutiny of the new wearer
"

Well said, Raydawg, well said  Smiley

AND

Think twice before you insist someone walk in your shoes...
...you will be left with no shoes, and they will have two pair...
Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #23 - 12/07/15 at 09:00:19

were not the crusades waged to counter the expansion of islam?

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #24 - 12/07/15 at 14:59:53

The first one certainly was.

The Emperor of the (only one left) Roman Empire (in Byzantium) cried for help to the Pope because the Turks (unknown to Asia Minor before then) were crawling up from ASyria into (what is today called) Kurdistan and spreading into Anatolia (the Central Plain)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_Empire#/media/File:Justinian555AD.png
The Empire at its greatest extension in 555AD

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_Empire#/media/File:Byzantiumby650AD.svg
The Empire in 650AD after the Arabs had conquered Syria

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/85/Byzantiumforecrusades.jpg
The Empire after the Turkik hordes invaded from the East.

In the days of Ancient Greece etc. Anatolia was inhabited by Hittites etc., i.e. white peoples.
Even today, real Syrians are white, Bedouins are tan. Anatolians are white.

This guy is white, blue eyed, and belongs to a lasting dynasty of Officers serving his National Army.

He is Turkish, a real gentlemen of yore and a dear colleague of mine.

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #25 - 12/07/15 at 15:23:24

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bretton_Woods_system

Then, consider the hits found here,
Search

Saudi Arabia buys T bills with money we buy oil with

Understand that every dollar spent is Borrowed from the Fed, which We pay interest on.
It's impossible for that to continue indefinitely.
Note the rise of the debt, and decreased living conditions.
Tiny House Nation, coming your way?
Will that be the new normal?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 17:38:44

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Here Bot........

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.