Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What a turnip head statement..... (Read 24 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
What a turnip head statement.....
12/04/15 at 03:50:24

Hint: its spoken towards the end  Grin

PS: read the comments here, very telling  Grin

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2015/12/03/white_house_steers_clear...

White House Steers Clear of Chicago Turmoil

By Alexis Simendinger

December 03, 2015

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s mounting political problems seeped into the White House briefing room Wednesday, forcing President Obama’s spokesman to distance his boss from his first-term chief of staff.

Emanuel, battling to keep his job and respond to an explosion of criticism and questions about the 2014 videotaped shooting of Chicago 17-year-old Laquan McDonald by a Chicago police officer, said Wednesday he has no intention of resigning.

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest, asked if the president believed Emanuel should step down, said it was “a decision for Mayor Emanuel and the voters of Chicago to make.”

Obama is aware of the controversy in his adopted hometown and has viewed the recently released dashcam video of the McDonald shooting, Earnest confirmed during the White House daily briefing.

“The president had the kind of human reaction that I think lots of other people across the country have had to that specific video,” Earnest added, declining to be more specific about Obama’s reaction.

The president’s spokesman said Obama was wary of injecting his reactions into the public discussion about McDonald’s death and the indictment of a white Chicago police officer on charges of shooting the black teenager 16 times. He is concerned that any presidential comments could be “viewed by some as improperly interfering with an ongoing independent criminal investigation,” Earnest said.

Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan this week asked the Justice Department to investigate the Chicago Police Department, and the federal government said it is reviewing the request. Justice is separately is investigating McDonald’s death.

Earnest rejected assertions by critics that Obama was reluctant to speak because Chicago’s fallout involves a mayor who is a former aide, friend and occasional adviser. He denied the president was more publicly assertive after police shootings of young black men in Ferguson, Mo., and Baltimore.

“The president believes that these kinds of situations should be evaluated and investigated based on the facts and based on the merits and the arguments that are presented,” Earnest said.

Emanuel’s publicly stated aim to achieve reforms in the Chicago Police Department and his decision to fire Garry McCarthy, the police superintendent he hired during his first term, are evidence “the mayor has obviously confronted this situation over the course of the last week quite directly and already taken some steps to indicate his own commitment to addressing some of the problems that he has seen,” Earnest said.

The controversy surrounding McDonald’s 2014 death and the lapse of 13 months before Chicago authorities released a video of police shooting him as he walked alone in the middle of a street flared in the White House just as a mass shooting took place in San Bernardino, Calif. The event filled television screens as Earnest briefed reporters.

Within hours, White House Homeland Security Adviser Lisa Monaco briefed Obama, and he told CBS News that he continued to believe such carnage could be made “rare,” rather than appear to be “normal,” with the adoption in Congress of additional gun safety measures.

Since 2013, Obama has proposed no new gun control legislation. During his presidency, he signed legislation allowing Amtrak travelers to carry firearms and ammunition in baggage, and in 2010 he allowed national parks visitors to carry firearms.

“Common-sense gun safety laws [and] stronger background checks” would curb the frequency of such events, Obama said in reaction to the ongoing situation in California. “We don’t yet know what the motives of the shooters are.”

Investigators late Wednesday reported at least 14 dead and at least 14 people injured by one or more shooters armed with long guns in San Bernardino.

It was the second time in a week the president was asked to comment on shooting incidents, and his message remained the same.

“There are steps we can take to make Americans safer, and we should come together in a bipartisan basis at every level of government,” he told CBS’s Norah O’Donnell.

Question: Win a bunch of turnips for the correct/closest guess.

When will Obama's best boy be removed from office?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: What a turnip head statement.....
Reply #1 - 12/04/15 at 09:59:16

I believe I heard that they did not buy the assault rifles.
assault rifles are banned in CA anyway.

So you turnip heads figure out how any new or existing gun law would've prevented the massacre.

WWW   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: What a turnip head statement.....
Reply #2 - 12/04/15 at 10:37:59

verslagen1 wrote on 12/04/15 at 09:59:16:
I believe I heard that they did not buy the assault rifles.
assault rifles are banned in CA anyway.

So you turnip heads figure out how any new or existing gun law would've prevented the massacre.

I can, I CAN......

NO GUNS

uh, except for those who make the laws and tell us serfs what to do....  Embarrassed

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 07:34:49

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › What a turnip head statement.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.