Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Putting guns to work...... (Read 256 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Putting guns to work......
Reply #15 - 12/04/15 at 10:35:16

Bot, your idelogy blinds you.....

Hey, we could keep doing the same thing over and over again, and Obama can keep saying the same things over and over again, which, is the deffinition of insanity, OR..
Try something different.
As I stated I am not for a wild west mentality, but I was trying to find a WORKABLE solution, not a PERFECT solution, and this was just a thought or idea I had.

You know bot, murder is already against the law, the instrument used is just that, yet.....murder keeps happening, maybe Obama should focus on MURDER, you know, like in CHICAGO....

But no, lets demoque this idea that won't fix anything but give bleeding hearts a woodie.

Dude, you want to try and add constructive dialogue or you just love childish BS?

Think about it.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #16 - 12/04/15 at 10:45:06

Ummm... Serobot... You're following JOG's satire almost to the nail.

"Well, I'm not sure what caused it, nothing, But understanding the Problem is Not as important as preventing the possibility of it occurring again. Since guns were involved, we Must BAN Guns.
It's just that simple."

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1449109727/0

Are you simply assuming that firearms are causing the high murder rate?
Perhaps it is something more complicated than that, like culture? The blacks, by far, kill each other the most. Do you seriously think that is just because they can legally get hold of weapons? In many cases, these deaths are caused by illegal weapons in cities which already ban them.

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #17 - 12/04/15 at 11:03:46

I admit that even the white murder rate is higher than the other countries in your data, provided that the data represents good statistics. However, there could be other reasons that people are getting murdered in America. Maybe Americans are just plain mean Tongue.

Bear in mind, Serobot, that if you keep pushing the Nanny State mentality, you may find that same Nanny State seizing your little Savage because "It is too dangerous."

While it is doubtful that it will go that far, both motorcycles  and the presence of dangerous weapons in this world both represent the struggle between freedom and safety. Motorcycling represents both the ideals of freedom and danger in the same package. How many friends have warned you about getting killed on your bike? Guns are similar. Life with them is more dangerous, but you have a better chance to defend yourself, friends, and family against bad people, amongst other things.

The only way to secure everyone from gun violence is to get rid of them all or to make it really hard to get hold of them. Simply regulating or banning them won't do. Criminals don't give a blankety-blank what is legal or not.

But then, we can also make it really hard to get motorcycles too.

There is an old saying: "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks."

With that said, the real difference here is that bikes are more likely to hurt their owner than anyone else. The abundant presence of dangerous weapons in a society can hurt anyone.
It's not about safety. Its about liberty and the dangers you're willing to live with in order to maintain the principles and lifestyle that is valuable to you. Being forced to be defenseless is not cool. Angry

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #18 - 12/04/15 at 11:24:54

...but,.. there seems to be more bikes in "nanny state" countries than here...

Ooh la la!... Kiss..

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #19 - 12/04/15 at 11:35:11

Touche....

Value differences at work?

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #20 - 12/04/15 at 11:39:42

I guess that means all those extra motorcycle deaths take up the slack for murder deaths.    Grin

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #21 - 12/04/15 at 11:44:14

Seriously, If we had some ethical concealed carry citizens in that place yesterday, the San Bernardino incident probably would have turned out alot differently. Being a hospital, firearms would have been banned inside. That goes to show how effective that junk is Angry Tongue
Just kept out the good guys, assuming there would actually be a CCW there anyway. Instead, those little stickers on the door only makes the people inside defenseless, unless there are armed guards. Even that's no guarantee.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #22 - 12/04/15 at 11:50:08

But seriously,... If you had had a pistol in a room filled with 30 innocent people,.. and 2 people came in with ar-15's blazing, wearing full body armor... would you have pulled your weapon?...
...making yourself the focus in that room?...

Do you expect 70 virgins as a reward?...

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #23 - 12/04/15 at 11:51:29

Seriously Serobot, do you dare to support those silly little stickers on the wall-- gun-free zones? Do you seriously think they help?

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #24 - 12/04/15 at 11:54:14

Hide behind something and go for headshot while the perp isn't looking.

Be sneaky.  Wink

Yeah, you're right, if the perps are properly equipped, it's going to be tough, but its better than nothing.

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #25 - 12/04/15 at 11:55:22

Besides, I'm not sure they were wearing armor anyway. We know they had tactical clothing, but that means nothing.

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #26 - 12/04/15 at 11:58:29

Well, they might have had body armor, but I would wonder if some of those reporters even know what body armor is Roll Eyes. I feel a little doubtful.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #27 - 12/04/15 at 12:04:55

cheapnewb24 wrote on 12/04/15 at 11:51:29:
Seriously Serobot, do you dare to support those silly little stickers on the wall-- gun-free zones? Do you seriously think they help?

Honestly,.. not really...
But some people are just not comfortable with guns... and that is a significant percentage...
They would like to be in a place where there aren't any.

I am comfortable with guns,.. but I still don't like seeing them in line at HomeDepot, or at the gas stop...
When I see them,.. I'm on alert... and usually find something heavy to hold in my hand...
One wrong move, and there will be a cracked skull...

This is not a pleasant way to live... I am a peaceful person...
I don't know how,... but I wish I didn't have to see people like this.
Why should we be so scared that we think we need a gun?...

Tucson, ain't exactly Mayberry,.. but I've never felt the need to carry a gun in public...
If someone wants my wallet, they can have it... I wouldn't kill someone over it...

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #28 - 12/04/15 at 12:18:55

I guess that is part of the reason for CCW, so people don't have to freak out from seeing one's weapon.

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #29 - 12/04/15 at 12:36:39

When you see a policeman, soldier, armed guard, or other agent, do you act the same way? They are visibly armed, but I assume you trust the badge? How do you know that you won't stumble into trouble with one or two of them? They are people, you know. They are trained and screened, to an extent, but they are still people.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 23:42:30

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Putting guns to work......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.