Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Putting guns to work...... (Read 256 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Putting guns to work......
12/03/15 at 04:25:21

Maybe instead of blaming guns for killing innocent people, we should turn them on those who have no qualms on using them to cause mayhem.
Why can't we arm those who already know of proper gun use, luscence them and regulate them as another tool to fight terrorism?
Proper vetting and training will be paramount, with strict adherence to the use of deadly force....
I think it's fair to say these perps act out only because they believe they have an unsuspecting targets, let's give them one more element to consider, even that knowledge of another gun pointed at them will slow their death spray down as they will be looking for those armed citizens with a barrel pointed at them maybe...,,

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Re: Putting guns to work......
Reply #1 - 12/03/15 at 08:26:20

“ … Why can’t we arm those who already know of proper gun use, … “

That is a Excellent Idea.
and in many States, it is already done.
Permit To Carry Laws, that have been enacted in 40 States. (Shall Issue)
and in 10 States,  (May Issue).
And of those 10, their are 6 states,
where, you can get one, if you Kiss the right Azz.
Absolutely nothing requiring, Safety, Skill, Knowledge,
Just, "How Brown is your nose”.

So, the honest, upright Citizens, of this Country.
Are, doing that.
(Well, except for the places, the, ‘Fairy Dust’, sprinklers,
have Demeaned,  “Gun Free Zones”.)

Or until, a 'wannab King', removes the 2nd Amendment.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 12/03/15 at 09:43:33

In CA, there's a gun safety class we have to take just to purchase a gun.
And a CCW class to get that permit.
Effectively, you can no longer open carry.

Quote:
Proper vetting and training

They say 8% of CA own a gun, about 16,000.
If you taught a class of 30 for 8 hours, it'd take 533 classes to certify every owner... let's say once a year.  52 weeks a year, 10 or so training centers.  I think that's very doable.  Now, let's flip the coin, this would go a long way to weeding out those that shouldn't own a weapon.

WWW   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 12/03/15 at 11:01:09

If you remove Chicago, Detroit, and New York out of the equations, the USA is rated 4th best in gun violence in the world.....

These cities enact the most stringent gun laws too, yet.....

Is it much of a leapt to think these terrorist ( and thugs ) understand there is less of a threat to them getting shot themselves, and that is a contribiting factor to gun use in those democrat heavens?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 12/03/15 at 11:05:33

I have a Boyscout Rifleman handbook. My grandfather taught a civilian defense "class" for lack of a better term. He had a rifle that was technically property of the state, issued to train people. It's a bolt .22 dated 1947.
The people from days gone by, are (not exclusively) those who stand back in awe when tragedies strike.

Perhaps it would be wise to revisit these concepts. I'm not saying issue everyone a M1911A1 and a beret to patrol the streets but Versy's idea carries merit.

--Steve

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #5 - 12/03/15 at 11:20:17

Did you know you can concealed carry in Alaska, Vermont, and Wyoming without a permit?  

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-gun-laws

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #6 - 12/03/15 at 11:56:04

I got a permit to carry here in Florida the Gunshine state. It only took 4 hours classroom training with the instructor pretty much giving the answers to the written test as we took it. The live fire test was silly, point the pistol at the target with your finger off the trigger then shoot one round then take the finger back off the trigger. They didn't even care if you hit the target or not.
Don't know if I want people with that level of gun training walking around with guns but we do it here in Florida.
Can't get rid of all the guns in the US, there are too many unregistered guns and gun nuts.
 Most of the NRA supporters are for a milita, even that wouldn't work because of the extra stress on law enforcement.
 Can't see an easy way to stop these mass shootings, guns, ammo and nut jobs are way too easy to come buy now adays.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #7 - 12/03/15 at 15:10:43

How long till the exec orders are given from Penn Ave?  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #8 - 12/03/15 at 15:19:08

How long till the exec orders are given from Penn Ave?  

Don't know, I'm expecting a lot of talk but not a lot of action. Obama isn't going to upset the apple cart, bet he's going to kick it down the road for the next pres.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #9 - 12/04/15 at 05:10:29

Ed L. wrote on 12/03/15 at 11:56:04:
"I got a permit to carry here in Florida ...".

Well Ed, it sounds like the CCW, requirements in FL, are not what occurs in most of the rest of that States.

However, since the, new carry law was passed,
what has the crime rate in FL done.?
I believe it has gone DOWN, every year,
and the Population of that State, goes UP every year.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 12/04/15 at 07:26:40

Paraquat wrote on 12/03/15 at 11:05:33:
I have a Boyscout Rifleman handbook. My grandfather taught a civilian defense "class" for lack of a better term. He had a rifle that was technically property of the state, issued to train people. It's a bolt .22 dated 1947.
The people from days gone by, are (not exclusively) those who stand back in awe when tragedies strike.

Perhaps it would be wise to revisit these concepts. I'm not saying issue everyone a M1911A1 and a beret to patrol the streets but Versy's idea carries merit.

--Steve

This is an interesting idea.....   What if we set a goal that say 10% of the population went through training, regular background checks etc... to basically be 'deputies'.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 12/04/15 at 08:05:45

More guns...
Yup, that'll fix it...
That'll straighten these numbers right out... Huh...

During an average year in the United States: 31,224 people die from gun violence. More than 100,000 of them are shot in murders, assaults, suicides, accidents or by police intervention. 12,632 people are murdered with guns. 3,067 children and teens die from gun violence. 683 children and teens commit suicide with guns. 351 people are killed by police intervention. 17,352 people kill themselves. 679 are shot and injured during police interventions. 66,768 people survive gun injuries. 613 people are killed accidently and 2,161 children and teens are murdered.
On an average day in the United States: 8 children and teens die from gun violence. 268 people are shot in murders, assaults, suicides, accidents or by police intervention and 86 people die from gun violence, 35 of whom are murdered.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #12 - 12/04/15 at 08:58:25

some numbers will go up, some down.
instead of 14 and 17 it could of been 2.

on another website I frequent, one of the guys has a scorecard in his siggy.
gun deaths vs everything else.  usually there's less gun death.

and as far as suicide goes, it'll happen, doesn't matter if it was by gun.

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #13 - 12/04/15 at 10:00:35

I'm not all that worried about falling down into a bucket of arsenic, and suffocating...
Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #14 - 12/04/15 at 10:25:06

raydawg wrote on 12/03/15 at 11:01:09:
If you remove Chicago, Detroit, and New York out of the equations, the USA is rated 4th best in gun violence in the world.....

These cities enact the most stringent gun laws too, yet.....

Is it much of a leapt to think these terrorist ( and thugs ) understand there is less of a threat to them getting shot themselves, and that is a contribiting factor to gun use in those democrat heavens?

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 21:25:17

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Putting guns to work......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.