Send Topic Print
How do you get in (Read 216 times)
rl153
Serious Thumper

S40 Just right!

Bloomfield,CT
How do you get in
11/30/15 at 17:47:15

Does any one know how I can get into a 12 year old e250 ford van? the key locks are all stuck for one reason or another ,and the battery is so dead the automatic locks  with the fob wont work .if i could somehow pop the hood,without using the latch release it would be good ,because then i could jump the battery and use the automatic locks. its not the battery in the fob.or if i could use a hanger from the outside of the door with the windows up,and somehow lift the lock. Thanks!

IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: How do you get in
Reply #1 - 11/30/15 at 18:40:44

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 12/01/15 at 04:18:48

If the starter has the solenoid mounted on top of it, the large wire that connects to the starter will be connected to the positive terminal of the battery.  You can connect the positive terminal from a charger (or jumper cables or battery booster) to the wire/nut, and then the negative terminal to a ground.  Then let the battery charge for a bit and try the remote.

Any positive wire that is connected to the battery can work if the starter has a remote solenoid mounted elsewhere.  My Chevy Avalanche has a dedicated connection point for the positive battery terminal when jumping the car, and it most likely could be reached from underneath.

You may also be able to find the cable that activates the hood latch, and trip the latch so the hood can be opened.  

« Last Edit: 12/01/15 at 08:47:42 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
rl153
Serious Thumper

S40 Just right!

Bloomfield,CT
Reply #3 - 12/01/15 at 06:05:35

Thanks,I'm going to look at the starter.

IP Logged
rl153
Serious Thumper

S40 Just right!

Bloomfield,CT
Reply #4 - 12/01/15 at 09:41:31

Dave , I looked at the starter and there was a big red wire on the solenoid. I hooked a charger to it ,and when i used the auto lock opener on the fob it opened . That was a good feeling. I think my boss will be happy too ,because yesterday he broke the key off in the door . Thank you very much!!

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #5 - 12/01/15 at 14:53:00

YEAH! This crowd can fix anything!

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 12/01/15 at 16:00:55

Dave, I hate to be the kinda cheap, low life I am, but, dangit, I'm
Done buying stars to put in your column. Either you send me a pack or you don't get no more.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
rl153
Serious Thumper

S40 Just right!

Bloomfield,CT
Reply #7 - 12/01/15 at 17:48:00

you've helped me too quite a few times over the years jog,. this forum is a tremendous resource for me,and alot of others.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 12/01/15 at 22:12:04

Well, that's nice of you to say so.. sometimes I don't answer, I wait, and just See what some of these guys come up with. I don't think I'll ever be able to actually tune a carb right without asking.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 12/02/15 at 09:49:46

Congratulations Dave, that was a quick easy solution.  I should've thought of that instead of suggesting the mechanical release of the door locks.  I am getting old.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #10 - 12/02/15 at 11:43:32

Good one Dave, Smiley I'm putting it in my long term memory in case I ever need it.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #11 - 12/02/15 at 15:51:15

Glad it worked for you....some of my experience comes from the fact that a lot of my cars had 100,000 miles on them before I became the new owner.  I got to learn a few things along the way.....trying to keep the darn things running.

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #12 - 12/04/15 at 09:41:13

Dave wrote on 12/02/15 at 15:51:15:
Glad it worked for you....some of my experience comes from the fact that a lot of my cars had 100,000 miles on them before I became the new owner.  I got to learn a few things along the way.....trying to keep the darn things running.  

We must be car-brothers, 100k is typical of most cars I buy even now
Thanks goodness modern drivetrains last so long

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #13 - 12/04/15 at 10:23:18

I wasn't so lucky - back then the 4 cylinder engines usually needed some work by the time they reached 100,000 miles.  I usually got by with pulling the cylinder head and having it rebuilt, pulling the oil pan off and pulling the pistons out and putting in new rings and rod bearings.

My 1966 VW bus required a complete engine overhaul, and a used transmission as 5th kept jumping out of gear.  Today I most likely would have to take the transmission apart and fix it - back then a used trans was only $ 100 from a salvage yard.

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #14 - 12/04/15 at 11:22:57

Well my older cars didn't fare so well at thise mileages, but usually weren't to the point of needing head work (maybe because I loved the big V8 'murican cars)
Of course I ripped into some of those anyway "MOAR POWER!"
my last car, a 2001 Lumina, was running strong at over 300k
Of course I'd never think of rebuilding an engine in that, like you said, good used engines available at the scrappers
Dunno the mileage on the Ranger, the odo doesn't work  Huh

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 10:27:24

General CategoryThe Cafe › How do you get in

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.