Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
EXTERIOR PBT INTERIOR PUR & VANDALS!!!! (Read 197 times)
ToYnGrL
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

EXTERIOR PBT INTERIOR PUR & VANDALS!!!!
11/30/15 at 11:51:55

Hello Savage Riders!
Here we go, ToynGrl @ large with the crazy questions and the lengthy way of doing so ...HOWEVER, I will  TRY & " land this plane"  as quickly as possible!
So here in Cali the waves been EPIC this year.
I learned to SURF b4 learning to ride a MC, well my " Savvy" spent most these last few months under a cover :'(
It was my INTENT to get in some ride time during our awesome Indian Summers! (Sept- Nov.
Oct. I went & removed the seat , took out the battery, & ( AGAIN   Undecided   ) it was my INTENT ,  to  charge  it up. Change oil etc....yeah didn't happen...the surf continued to be killer....ok.l
So now with a space cleared for her to REALLY "be"for the WINTER  ( &aw/ a very wet El Niño on the way) , I go out to move her and TO MY F N BLOWN MIND I not only find Her BEAUTIFUL TANK GONE, but what appears to be PARTS STRIPPED AND OTHER ASSORTED VANDALISM !!!!!
Here's the RUB THAT MY QUESTION IS BASED ON GUYS....WHERE I REMEBER THE FUSE BOX TO BE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE FRAME IN THE RUBBER HOUSING, IS NOW A BLACK LOOKING BOX WITH A SERIES OF M
NUMBERS (MGTO68  J4T14871. 1207). & below what looks to me like the old  Mitsubishi  logo like from an old Lancer automobile .
Below THAT  Exterior >PBT< Interior >PUR<
Now excuse my language but W T F IS THIS?!?!?
Mind you, I have no husband , brother , or even any other gals bikers that I ride with. So really no one has been here to " monitor things'
I'm going to call the Po-Po OBVIOUSLY ! But it almost looks ( to my untrained BUT VERY LOGICAL , FEMALE EYE ) that some tweeker crappity smack nut might have actually been over the past few months switching out my babies engine! Shocked Shocked ( ( 2011 with less than 6,000 miles))
Ok, so it was a little longer plane ride than first thought....but IMPUT IS VITAL HERE!!!

Thanks!
ToynGrl
2011 Stock Savage

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: EXTERIOR PBT INTERIOR PUR & VANDALS!!!!
Reply #1 - 11/30/15 at 12:11:55

Sorry to hear this gal.
black box found hung over frame most likely the decomp controller that usually sits over the carb.
most parts are specific for the savage, so anyone selling them are most likely on line.
or there's a local shop with some extra parts.

BTW: what language do you speak?

WWW   IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #2 - 11/30/15 at 13:23:28

How about a picture or 2 of what remains of the bike and what you have questions about.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #3 - 11/30/15 at 19:30:41

Yup pictures would be good, for a start, to see what is actually missing..... and we do have a "for sale" section and some folks would likely donate small parts they no longer use.

Hope you have insurance.... heck they may even "total" the bike Smiley and you could buy it back and rebuild it anyway.

Keep us posted eh?

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Sonny

DeSoto, TX

Reply #4 - 11/30/15 at 20:16:10

That's really low -- needing Savage parts and stealing them off someone else's bike. So much for the brotherhood of riders.

I would be watching out for my stolen tank forevermore, and carrying a nice 18" breaker bar to use in discussing it with the person who has it.

Thieves deserve worse than they ever get, even if they go to jail, which they eventually do. IMHO.

'87 LS650, purt near stock, Raptor, seat mod. '07 S40, Raptor.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 12/01/15 at 05:13:04

How about a camera stashed where they can't see it?
Motion activated.
sucky people.. I've had houses robbed, it is a feeling that doesn't go away quickly.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #6 - 12/04/15 at 04:26:32

I hate to hear about stuff like this. I've always been of the mindset that if I can't afford it, it'll wait until I can. It's sad that not all people will act and do things the way they should. But, to rob another biker's parts to make yours better or just to make a couple dollars....NO.

I'm with JOG a trailcam or something similar with a good view of the bike. Maybe hide the cam in some junk hanging on the wall or something so it won't be noticed. You'll get some pics of the perp. If you find them string 'em up.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 12/04/15 at 07:49:05

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #8 - 12/04/15 at 22:22:29

Bot? do you buy hand made signature shocks?

Noticed a signature on the right shock top Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 12/05/15 at 13:56:02

O.R.  obviously read all of the Sherlock Holmes books.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Sonny

DeSoto, TX

Reply #10 - 12/05/15 at 15:21:52

And good on the Old Rider. One of my favorite things... I've read every word of the Sherlock Holmes stories several times. Looking at the world like Holmes did can be very helpful.

Sherlock would have been good riding a motorcycle. He wouldn't have missed nothin'. His powers of observation and deduction would have made him a wizard at maintenance troubleshooting, too.   Wink

IP Logged
Sonny

DeSoto, TX

Reply #11 - 12/05/15 at 15:25:37

... but the great Holmes' cocaine habit might have gotten him in trouble on a liter bike...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 12/05/15 at 16:04:19

You think he mighta dropped it as he slid up under the wing?
And, just so you know,I am rubbing baby oil , all over, so epoxy won't stick. And, I got my rubber duck, I'll float.

Before I left Houston, between age seven and thirteen, stepfather got his license. Started a flying club. We had various planes and the occasional rental. In all, we had , in order of How Cool, Aerocoupe, Luscombe 8-A, Piper Tripacer, club owned,
And the Cherokee 180, Cessna 150, I'm sure of as rentals, might've been a coupla others.
Luscombe lost the right brake rotor on take off, and it jammed on landing, causing a ground loop, and, forcing the hard brake left, and, Sudden Stop motor, upside down airplane,on grass,
I liked flying the stick plane. But, couldn't reach the pedals and couldn't Really fly it, but the Aerocoupe,,  put the windows down and Fly, and stick a rubber band out and pull it tight, singing in the propwash.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #13 - 12/06/15 at 08:46:51

Bummer dude.....

I grew up in the South Bay area ( Hermosa - Redondo Beach ).
It was good days then.
I could drag my long board (toes on the nose) before Rabbit introduced the lil' guys, on a 2X4 wood surfboard rack with wheels, tied to my Stingray.....
Nobody ever stole it, or stuff, back then.

I could go to the Redondo Pier and fish while my board stayed on my bike/rack, unmolested, waiting for a swell.

However, when the leash was introduced, it brought out the "valley dudes" and inland hodads......

Who, would rip your wave off by taking off in front of you, and steal your towel too  Angry

Use to have to earn your wave by swimming to retrieve your board in the good old days. Taught you about appreciation and respect.

I don't think we will ever see that mindset again, sad.

BTW, I knew ( casually ) Dewey Weber, Hap Jacobs, etc, I go back that far.
Don't know if you know who Drew Kampion is, but he was a pioneer in the 60's surf scene. He lives up here on the same island where I live.
Cool stuff.

Hope you get the gal going again  Smiley

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Sonny

DeSoto, TX

Reply #14 - 12/06/15 at 09:10:19

Maybe some SoCal list members can connect up with this woman and help her sort out her ride. Winter's here -- I reckon that's riding season out there... heck, all year long is riding season... must be nice.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 12:35:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › EXTERIOR PBT INTERIOR PUR & VANDALS!!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.