YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Climate change
11/30/15 at 09:38:14

Got suckered into a docudrama advert regarding the California drought.
They bases their assertions on the Milankovitch cycles and had a chance to read up on it today.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milankovitch_cycles
Basically, we're 9000 yrs from the last ice age and 12000 til the next, and it's only going to get worse.
But, based on the Vostok ice cores, temperature is about to drop, at least in Vostok.

WWW   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Climate change
Reply #1 - 11/30/15 at 10:14:13

15,000 years ago, the Great Lakes had not even formed yet. They were still buried under slowly retreating glaciers. I live in St. Louis and these glaciers extended just north of here. Our climate was similar to modern day Montreal.

Is it any wonder this year is warmer than last year? Almost by definition, ever year from the last ice age should be warmer than the previous.

Climate change is the single biggest hoax pulled off on the world ever.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #2 - 11/30/15 at 10:23:23

Quote:
But, based on the Vostok ice cores, temperature is about to drop, at least in Vostok.

About to drop here too. Based on the fact that tomorrow is December 1st. Wonder if I ought to send off an email to notify all those idjits getting together in Paris.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #3 - 11/30/15 at 15:30:58

Climate change is the single biggest hoax pulled off on the world ever
What if it isn't?
Shouldn't some credence be given to science that supports climate change instead of denying that it is even possible.
It's not like tobacco and cancer which only took 30 years or so to prove the connection using science and only affects the smoker.
  The potential ramifications of man made climate change for the human race could be devastating over the next century. Or maybe not if you ignore the majority of the scientific studies and just blame it on nature. Either way something is causing a change in the climate.
 Actually I could give a poop about it. I'll be dead long before it hits the fan. JMHO after a few beers

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 11/30/15 at 18:16:20

I'm a couple beers behind you but trying to catch up....

What if it isn't?

Good question. Here's a couple good answers. The plans to cut co2 involve limiting the power grid from reaching very poor nations who get their heat and cooking from biomass, ie burning wood. As someone in the air filtration business, wood smoke is horrible for you. Smells great, but not good. "We got our high standard of living, but screw you poor pele. die young, we don't care"

Another reason is we have a limit on exonomic resources. Dedicating them to a farce removes them from the availabilty to be used on legit problems.

okay, another beer waiting. later.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #5 - 11/30/15 at 19:06:02

Had to look exonomics up, haven't heard of that term. Your point is why waste resorces to chase a red herring when it could be used better. I don't think anybody knows what to do about co2 and air pollution and they are throwing sh1t at the wall to see what sticks. It's a common political tatic, looks good but inefficent. Don't see how the current policies limit the third world countries from developing a low co2 emission power grid. What they do in thier country should be thier own business. We are probably trying to sell the third world countries unproven technology to make a buck off it, I wouldn't be surprised if Haliburton isn't getting into it. Just a stray thought.
 China just declared an air pollution emergency in one of thier big cities because of wood and coal smoke. Looks like the problem won't go away for a while. When it comes to basic creature comforts like heat and cooking coal and wood are the choice for the peasants of the world. Can't see any way of changing it.
 Looks like I'll have beachfront property in Florida if I live that long. Wink

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 11/30/15 at 22:01:10

Change is the only constant. Spend time paying attention. Go look at the ice caps on Mars. They shrunk, at the same time we were seeing temperature changes. The Arctic, you know, the one that was gonna be ice free two years ago, yeah, that one, the one they had to Rescue the scientists who were gonna prove it, once and for all, when the ICE grabbed their ship...
And the hurricanes. Ohh, more, bigger, wurser, itsa Comin,,  but, rather than that, it's been just the opposite.

And then, remember, how many times have we been Warned, loudly, often, about the Certain Dangers,, if we don't take immediate action.
Vietnam, Iraq, and many others,, only to eventually discover that it was all lies.

And, why did we stop using the weather stations out in the forests? Replaced by stations on rooftops...

What about the emails from a few years ago?

I have sufficient evidence to doubt. The more They push, the less I trust.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #7 - 12/01/15 at 04:25:45

Climate change is a reality.
How much of that change being due to 'human activities' is the question.

PS. I think Mark meant 'economic resources' rather than 'exonomic'.

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 12/01/15 at 05:37:15

Hey grammar Nazi, why don't you stick that red pen of yours where the sun dont shine. i was typing that last night in a hotel bar on my ipad.
noisy, crowded etc... pretty much like breakfast this morning. i'll bet youre a real joy to live with.....jerk.

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #9 - 12/01/15 at 05:55:47

The grammar and spelling are fine.
Exonomics are relevant, as are economics.
Why the problem?

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 12/01/15 at 06:11:07

it was clear from the context what i meant. you routinely point out grammar. stop being a d!ck about grammar. exonomics is a fairly rare word which clearly didnt fit in that sentance.

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #11 - 12/01/15 at 06:22:23

It's NOT grammar.
Both myself and 'EdL' had to look up the word.
Exonomics are relevant in the subject matter.

Less personal abuse would be appreciated, Mark  Wink

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #12 - 12/01/15 at 06:25:50

Exonomics works fine when taken in context, just wasn't familar with the term or it's use. Economics fits the ticket also, one covers trade while the other covers everthing. Gotta walk the dog

IP Logged
strang

london
Reply #13 - 12/01/15 at 06:48:50

So we C02 test our exhausts in a detailed way but 10,000 million tonnes of C02 into the atmosphere....  Grin

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 12/01/15 at 06:53:51

HovisPresley wrote on 12/01/15 at 06:22:23:
It's NOT grammar.
Both myself and 'EdL' had to look up the word.
Exonomics are relevant in the subject matter.

Less personal abuse would be appreciated, Mark  Wink

Bull......   stop the grammar Nazi crap, u do it all the time.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 11:43:29

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Climate change

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.