YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Climate change
Reply #15 - 12/01/15 at 07:28:48

WebsterMark wrote on 12/01/15 at 05:37:15:
Hey grammar Nazi, why don't you stick that red pen of yours where the sun dont shine. ........jerk.

Is there some ambiguity here?...

Come on, Web... you're better than this...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #16 - 12/01/15 at 08:14:24

When china cleaned up it's act for the olympics, it got hotter.
When all the airlines were grounded for 911, it got hotter.

China has just declared an air pollution emergency.
And everyone sites co2 as the problem, but not the particulates that reflect sunlight.
If water vapor in the contrails helps reduce heating them maybe they ought to increase the effect.  Inject water into the jet exhaust.

WWW   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #17 - 12/01/15 at 08:25:41

no sane person can claim WE are not having an effect

we had "smog days" in L.A. in the 60s
stay indoors, no school, couldn't see the San Fernando foot hills
from 5 miles away

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #18 - 12/01/15 at 08:30:49

thumperclone wrote on 12/01/15 at 08:25:41:
no sane person can claim WE are not having an effect

we had "smog days" in L.A. in the 60s
stay indoors, no school, couldn't see the San Fernando foot hills
from 5 miles away

Smog sucks for the folks that have to breath it, but it's existence is hardly proof that human activity is causing the climate to change rather than mechanisms that we don't understand. That fact that this whole deal is so politically driven is what makes people skeptical.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #19 - 12/01/15 at 09:32:47

The denial is the politically driven part...
Why?.. Money...
Dirty energy is cheaper than clean.
Cleaning up the mess you make takes time and money...

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #20 - 12/01/15 at 09:41:17

Quote:
The denial is the politically driven part...

You got that exactly backwards. The skeptics aren't going to make a ton of money and clamp down even harder on the worlds economic freedom. It's the clowns meeting in Paris as we speak that want to do that. And the "science" that they are using to justify their agenda is largely bulls*it.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #21 - 12/01/15 at 09:44:58

No question we have an impact, for millennia temp's have gone up and down like clockwork.  For nearly 10k years Vostok temps haven't changed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milankovitch_cycles#/media/File:Vostok_420ky_4c...

WWW   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #22 - 12/01/15 at 10:51:19

Carbon offsets clean the air..... Gotcha. Denial sure. Repubs want old folk to eat dog food. Guns use people to advance their ideology. Planned parenthood is good for C02 health.

Odd........ It's almost like I am putting my faith and belief into something that I can't really prove. No matter, I will just force people to believe and if it impinges on their lives, so be it, as I am on a Cursade to save the ignorant from them selves.....

Gee, that sounds familiar  Roll Eyes

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 12/01/15 at 17:49:28

there are 40,000 delegates attending this party in Paris and I'm sure none of them are traveling on their own money.

the future careers and livelihood of all 40,000 are dependent upon the fact that mankind's contribution to climate change is the primary driver of increasing temperature. They will fight logic until the bitter end. The fact is; Big Climate is Big Business.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #24 - 12/01/15 at 18:01:21

This is the only scam bigger than the Fed. They stopped using weather stations in remote areas and installed new ones in ridiculous places, rooftops, near runways, the game is so easy to see,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 12/02/15 at 05:36:41

The data in the article  below is easily verifiable. Why are we even having this discussion?!  Of course we all know why, but shouldn't it be easy to change just one mind?

One of you guys who accept the mainstream climate change narrative, challenge the data below. Present your case why I should be worried about mankind's contribution to climate change?

http://manhattancontrarian.com/blog/2015/11/30/the-greatest-scientific-fraud-...

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #26 - 12/02/15 at 08:11:29

The weather instruments at Tucson International Airport were moved a decade or so ago,.. factors like airport expansion, shade, mass of pavement, etc... all effect readings.  These things are taken into account by weather scientists,.. and may be seen as raw data manipulation by deniers.
If these factors were not taken into account... they could also be seen as flaws in data by the deniers, too...

Poking holes is easy...
Real scientists look at the entire picture, and 99% agree with the methodology...
Manipulation, is not always distortion.
http://www.factcheck.org/2015/02/nothing-false-about-temperature-data/

If you get a dyno test on your bike,... it always includes data on ambient temperature and humidity...
Outside factors must be taken into account.
This is why the term "raw data" exists....

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 12/02/15 at 08:51:57

I understand that part. In my job, one of the things we do is measure the air pressure differential between upstream and downstream points. RH and temperature must be taken into account if you want the most accurate readings. It's very easy for me to make that data point to almost any conclusion I want by taking readings at certain times of the day.

NASA makes adjustments based upon their own parameters. Peer review articles agree with them. However, remember that ALL the predictions within the early IPCC reports have been over estimated because they over calculated the effect of several variables.

Now, if you were predisposed to accept a correlation between CO2 and global temperature, how easy would it be to over estimate the effect of these variables. Note: I'm not saying this was done on purpose, (I'm not saying it wasn't either) but it's certainly easy to believe subconsciously, someone could have done this. You have to consider this a valid point because again, the early IPCC reports were so very wrong and all reports after that have lowered the temp predictions for the same future timeframe. How can 4 reports in a row over estimate temperature predictions? Too soon to tell if the 5th is also over estimated as it just came out. Isn't it a possibility that either on purpose or subconsciously, they select data to support their conclusion?

By the way, a retired German scientist recently took all the raw temp data and concluded that NASA's adjustments were just as likely to be over estimated as underestimated. I actually sent an email to NASA asking for a response to his report. No reply yet.

The problem is you can site your data and I can say the source of that data has ulterior motives for the data to point to one conclusion and you can do the same for mine.

So we're in a little bit of a stalemate. Neither of us experience the effect of climate change in our lives so we have no personal experience to point to.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #28 - 12/02/15 at 09:22:52

Good points...

What it boils down to, is... trust...
I tend to trust the scientific system of review... ...others, see conspiracy.
I believe there are as many scientists that would love to shoot down a theory as there those that would like to join the bandwagon..
This generally separates wheat from the chaff.
I also expect they know more than we do...
Particularly experts in that field,... as many comments come from scientists not directly related to that field...

Gotta' believe somebody... I choose to believe the experts, and go with the majority.

After all... you don't go to your doctor, for advice on carb jetting...

Peace,
Serow

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #29 - 12/02/15 at 09:32:39

personal experience... Let's talk CA drought.
CA never gets a lot of water (except after major burns)
but 2011 to 2014 is the driest on record since 1895.
2015 is another year w/out much.
The advert said it's due to a pressure trough keeping the jet stream from going down CA.  And it's more or less stationary where it used to cycle.
This is why whenever they talk el nino rains they say it won't end the drought.  I got a feeling they ain't coming at all.  If so, we're down to our last year of water.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 13:29:44

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Climate change

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.