Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
air filter air box drain tubes (Read 28 times)
rijopiatt

Columbia City, Indiana
air filter air box drain tubes
11/29/15 at 10:26:51

I found a drawing, thus what they're called in Clymers. However no info in their text on operation or maintenance. My 2012 has a clear cap on the forward outlet and a long black, plugged hose on the rear outlet. Initially I had gone to the dealership and asked "what are these are and what do they do?"   Blank stare....." yeah, that hose is a drain and the cap is a one-way valve that allows built-up pressure to be released. There's another outlet under there?"
Hmmm. I decided to explore. To get the plug out required slitting the hose, thus requiring shortening it a bit to reinstall the plug. A little fluid drained out. The front cap was full of dry debris. Are these two outlets separated internally by a partition? How does this system work and do I just simply open these up periodically for draining ( each time the black hose would get shorter).

Oh yeah, how do I service the check-valve  Roll Eyes

2012 S40 w/12,000 miles: drag bars with bar end weights, raised seat, Raptor petcock.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: air filter air box drain tubes
Reply #1 - 11/29/15 at 17:18:03

There is no check valve that I am aware of.  And I don't know why there are two holes cast into the air box, when only one is ever used and the other one is always plugged.

You are supposed to take the cap off the one with the tube attached when you change your oil, and let any goo drain out of the tube - then put the plug back in when you are done draining it.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 11:22:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › air filter air box drain tubes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.