For the Right... (Read 257 times)
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Re: For the Right...
Reply #15 - 11/30/15 at 19:35:49

Yep, You're right. We should not get political/philosophical tunnel vision. We should not solidly take sides, for when we do, we are liable to take part in our side's evil.

Remember, though, that, on a practical note, we should not ignore the beliefs of terrorists either. From what I gather, Islam poses a high risk of violent extremism. If I am not mistaken, the Koran directly encourages violent jihad. I don't think the Bible comes quite to the same level when it comes to encouraging violent behavior. If terrorists did not have extremist beliefs relating to politics/religion, they probably would not be terrorists. We should try not to hurt the innocent which happen to share common, relevant ideas with terrorists (e.g., religion) because, as it has been said: It is better to let the guilty go free then to harm the innocent. However, we should not be PC and stick our heads in the sand.

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #16 - 11/30/15 at 19:52:53

Zonablazer wrote on 11/30/15 at 19:13:03:
Terrorists are terrorists period...it doesn't matter what their social, ethnic, or religious beliefs are. Human beings are inherently flawed, some more than others.

While this may be true in a way, this idea is a bit flawed. Terrorism is intimately tied with politics. Merriam-Webster's definition is "the use of violent acts to frighten the people in an area as a way of trying to achieve a political goal" http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/terrorism The FBI has their own complicated legalese definition
if you want to bother with reading it all https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/terrorism/terrorism-definition To ignore the politics of the matter would not be strategically wise. Neither can we totally condemn all the ideas that cause the problem just because a group of people suddenly decides to force those ideas down our throats with the tip of a sword.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #17 - 11/30/15 at 21:16:46

Well, that's that then, isn't it... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #18 - 11/30/15 at 21:44:22

Huh?  Huh Are you agreeing with me and think that there is nothing more to be said, or are you displeased with my answers? Please elaborate.

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #19 - 11/30/15 at 21:52:09

Serowbot, I would really like for you to read my first post on this thread if you have not already done so, you may find it interesting.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 12/01/15 at 05:48:41

excellent first post in the TT cheap. Pull up a stool.
those (well, most of us anyway....) of us who've sat at this table a while won't rat you out to the feds.

i wrote a post on christianity a while back, i'll find it and repost for you if i can, i'd be interested in your feedback.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 12/01/15 at 06:05:11

page 3 of a thread started 10/30 or 31 titled "The information enigma'

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #22 - 12/01/15 at 16:25:46

Good idea,... let's keep an open mind...

Ted Cruz will address that statement.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 12/01/15 at 19:09:19

Ted Cruz whining again about the unfair media!  Hasn't Obama done enough of that?  

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 12/01/15 at 19:39:32

cheapnewb,

here's your "Christian" terrorism,

yes it's from a left wing site, doesn't mean these events didn't happen:

http://www.salon.com/2013/08/03/the_10_worst_examples_of_christian_or_far_rig...

and there are active "Christian" terrorism groups, mostly in Africa/middle east:  

http://aattp.org/here-are-8-christian-terrorist-organizations-that-equal-isis/

Listen, I'm Christian, but people are A$$HOL3S! they get addicted to power and being authoritarians wanting only their way and losing their minds when they forget how to compromise within reason and common sense. Also, I imagine, this is how most Muslims feel about Daesh/ISIS and other "Islamic" terrorists.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #25 - 12/01/15 at 20:09:55

Some of the best screwings I've had were at the hands of self described Christians. One of the most dependable, trustworthy,honest men I have known Said he was an atheist. But sitting next to him, talking, I can't believe it. He killed himself a few years ago. His health made him burdensome on his wife.One night, when he saw she couldn't go to be with her daughter ,when she was having a baby, he told her.
I'm a burden.
Next day, twelve gauge ,no longer a burden...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #26 - 12/01/15 at 20:11:13

A shame, ain't it. Embarrassed

Don't you wish everyone knew about this so all those nutty right-wingers out there would be a little more humble and level-headed.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 12/01/15 at 20:22:18

cheapnewb24 wrote on 12/01/15 at 20:11:13:

Don't you wish everyone knew about this so all those nutty right-wingers out there would be a little more humble and level-headed.

-----------------

most right wingers, especially the nutty ones, when you tell them about this kind of crap, are full of excuses and almost end up defending these jerks, they say things like, well, Planned Parenthood has killed millions of babies, or that the media is unfairly picking on these "Christian" groups, or sometimes they even double down

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #28 - 12/01/15 at 20:27:52

Justin, I meant that post for Lost's, but it probably applies to yours even better.

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #29 - 12/01/15 at 20:31:51

LostArtist wrote on 12/01/15 at 20:22:18:
cheapnewb24 wrote on 12/01/15 at 20:11:13:

-----------------

most right wingers, especially the nutty ones, when you tell them about this kind of crap, are full of excuses and almost end up defending these jerks, they say things like, well, Planned Parenthood has killed millions of babies, or that the media is unfairly picking on these "Christian" groups, or sometimes they even double down

Looks like both sides, both right and left, are doing wrong here, don't you think?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 00:29:03

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › For the Right...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.