Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
16 rounds....
11/24/15 at 18:49:25

You have got to be kidding me.. WTF.

Something is wrong, deathly wrong!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/24/chicago-police-officer-to-face-murder-ch...

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Re: 16 rounds....
Reply #1 - 11/24/15 at 19:12:06

OK,   their are,  ‘Bad’  Police.
So then,  ‘Punish', THAT, Person !
NOT Everyone else !

Gee, their are NO,  ‘Bad’,  Lawyers,  Car dealers, R.E. Agents, Bakers, Salesman, Elected People,  and 1,000’s of, Other,  
‘Bad’ people?    Punish the BAD, person, NOT Everyone else !

So, you take your, LS650/S-40, to a,  ‘BAD’ dealer.
It means    ALL,    Motorcycle Dealers, are,   ‘BAD” ?

That is,    ‘WTF”.    !!!!!!!

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #2 - 11/24/15 at 19:12:28

16 rounds? Must've run out of ammo  Huh

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #3 - 11/24/15 at 19:48:12

Just checked the 5 day weather forecast for Chicago. I was hoping for a cold snap or even a snowstorm to keep folks indoors. No such luck. Mid 40s for the rest of the week. Standby for some ugly sh*t.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 11/25/15 at 03:43:57

MnSpring wrote on 11/24/15 at 19:12:06:
OK,   their are,  ‘Bad’  Police.
So then,  ‘Punish', THAT, Person !
NOT Everyone else !

Gee, their are NO,  ‘Bad’,  Lawyers,  Car dealers, R.E. Agents, Bakers, Salesman, Elected People,  and 1,000’s of, Other,  
‘Bad’ people?    Punish the BAD, person, NOT Everyone else !

So, you take your, LS650/S-40, to a,  ‘BAD’ dealer.
It means    ALL,    Motorcycle Dealers, are,   ‘BAD” ?

That is,    ‘WTF”.    !!!!!!!

Spring, the issue here is we give these officers the responsibility and means to decide someones fate, in just mere seconds.
Beyond doubt, a very tough and almost impossible job to do without error.
However, they chose this job, and they need to accept the fact, as everyone of us, no exceptions, we are responsible for our actions and the consequences, that arrive from them.

To dismiss this fact in the manner that you do is akin to those saying just let in all the refugees because nothing will ever happen and we are poo-poo heads if we don't.......

Houston, we have a problem, lets find a fix, more training, or?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 11/25/15 at 03:45:37

oldNslow wrote on 11/24/15 at 19:48:12:
Just checked the 5 day weather forecast for Chicago. I was hoping for a cold snap or even a snowstorm to keep folks indoors. No such luck. Mid 40s for the rest of the week. Standby for some ugly sh*t.

Lets hope not, the mayor has pleaded with them, lets hope they demonstrate peacefully, this will be a start to hopefully some honest dialogue into this problem.....

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 11/25/15 at 06:15:37

Just saw they are charging the officer with first degree.....
I think this is dumb, for if I remember once you assign first degree you can not settle for a lessor charge as an option. To prove intent, or premeditated for a person who is placed in a position that might tequire deadly force is going to be a hard sale.......

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 11/25/15 at 07:14:58

I watched the whole video. The full one is 2 1/2 minutes long, no sound.

I generallly give cops the benefit of the doubt. Especially in tough neighborhoods where shootings and killings are a daily occurrence. My good friend is an ex city cop ( oh my gosh and he's black! what? webster has a black friend?) anyway, the stuff he saw and went through, they deserve a pass sometimes.

anyway, in this case, sorry buddy, you're screwed. Murder conviction and up the river you go. expect a short lifespan unless he's kept in solitary 24/7.

The kid he shot wasn't close to him, didn't have a gun, it was clear he was high or something the way he was walking etc....They should have just followed him a while.

This was not the same as Michael Brown incident. Cop was not being hit and there was no struggle for a gun.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #8 - 11/25/15 at 07:33:43

raydawg wrote on 11/25/15 at 06:15:37:
Just saw they are charging the officer with first degree.....
I think this is dumb, for if I remember once you assign first degree you can not settle for a lessor charge as an option. To prove intent, or premeditated for a person who is placed in a position that might tequire deadly force is going to be a hard sale.......

Maybe not dumb at all.  Might be hoping that charging the cop will calm things down, prevent a really bad uprising. Then, when the case goes to trial they get a hung jury. I don't think an acquittal is likely, but a mistrial and then a decision by the DA not to re try the case would accomplish the same thing. I's already been a year since the shooting. String this out for a couple more years, folks move on. Cop that IMO should go to jail instead just loses his job and has to deal with a civil suit from the kids family. Maybe I'm too cynical but I believe the Chicago administration is protecting this guy as best they can under the circumstances while still covering their own tails.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 11/25/15 at 07:52:57

Slow......I think you are right, and thus, prove BLM's arguments

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 11/25/15 at 08:29:58

Since we all  seem to agree for the most part,...
..allow me to agree cross this line a bit further...

Rev. Jackson,.. wants the surrounding police charged as well. for not preventing this.
Sorry, J, but no...

They had 6 seconds and were focused in the other direction (he seems to be shooting from behind them)... once the bullets are flying, 16 shots in 15 seconds,.. they are supposed to turn and fire on one of their own, while facing his weapon?...
Nope,... as soon the fire stopped, he was stopped from reloading, the knife was kicked aside, and police closed in, blocking further shooting...

I think they acted properly...

The only thing I wish they had done differently is,... this rogue cop should have been awaiting trial behind bars...
The evidence was too compelling to allow him to be free for a year...

Peace,
Serow

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #11 - 11/25/15 at 09:04:10

This is a feeding frenzy type thing, poor training will be blamed.
You might see it more than I, at a range it's how fast can you empty your weapon, then reload it.
So what these need is more training that is conditional, 2/3 rounds, is the suspect still a threat?

They'll also try to blame traumatic stress influencing the officer.
Constantly dealing with gun threats will have some impact.

WWW   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 11/25/15 at 11:51:48

one of the main underlying causes of course will never be mentioned much less discussed: the prevalence of violent crime in predominantly black inner cities naturally creates an environment where cops all to easily see all blacks as violent criminals.

Back to the situation in St. Louis a year ago with Michael Brown, when the cop told him to 'get the fu(k on the sidewalk', the attitude he first confronted him with was created not by that situation, but by the hundreds of interactions that cop had with blacks in that neighborhood and the knowledge that 99% of murders in St. Louis are done by one race.

Is that right? Not really, but that's reality.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #13 - 11/25/15 at 13:35:50

WebsterMark wrote:

Quote:
one of the main underlying causes of course will never be mentioned much less discussed: the prevalence of violent crime in predominantly black inner cities naturally creates an environment where cops all to easily see all blacks as violent criminal

Unfortunately I think you are correct.

This guy has an interesting take on the shooting. A cop in a situation like this one may have a very different perception of what constitutes a threat, than we do when we simply sit at our computers and watch a dashcam video.

http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6932

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #14 - 11/25/15 at 14:05:53

Of course a lot of variables come into play, from high drug use, drop out rate, unemployment, etc. if Black males, however, in all fairness, none of that matters in the heat of the moment, a cop is holding deadly force in his/her hand and needs no know, to the best of their ability, when to use it.
Societal issues are a mitigating circumstance, of course, but that really is a whole other subject and should not be introduced into evidence, or you open up an endless avenue that might never have and end to it....

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 23:23:42

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › 16 rounds....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.