Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stiff 2nd gear, hard to shift into 2nd (Read 56 times)
chzeckmate
Serious Thumper

Be the person your
dog thinks you are

Houston, Texas
Stiff 2nd gear, hard to shift into 2nd
11/24/15 at 12:48:31

This is mainly for new/first time owners or those with little or no mechanical experience.

Problem:
Shifting into 2nd gear can be stiff or miss altogether sometimes.  I started having that issue and I thought I'd post what worked for me.

Solution:
I started by turning my clutch lever adjuster (see image below) out a few turns and that solved the problem entirely, but the clutch was feather light, so I turned it back in by quarter turns until I had enough play in the lever and the shifting action into second was still smooth.  

If this doesn't work for you then you might need to make an adjustment at the other end of the cable.  It's the same principal.  Loosen the locking nut, adjust, and then fine tune at the lever.  Now breathe a sigh of relief...you probably don't need a new push rod and almost certainly don't need a new clutch pack.  I hope this helps someone.

'05 S40, dyna muffler, rejet, high flow filter, Mobil 1 Racing 4T, Shinko 230 set with 140/90 rear, raptor, seat lift, LED running lights/signals, tach, reversed risers, homemade MR10 Lexan windscreen
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Re: Stiff 2nd gear, hard to shift into 2nd
Reply #1 - 11/27/15 at 20:26:14

Chzeck,

This is a good posting.

Too often after a rider gets a problem fixed they disappear without comment.

Kenny

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 03:31:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Stiff 2nd gear, hard to shift into 2nd

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.