Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What are your thoughts on this perspective? (Read 119 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: What are your thoughts on this perspective?
Reply #15 - 11/23/15 at 06:15:34

Serowbot wrote on 11/22/15 at 21:26:59:
But,... since it's already here, and almost universally liked by everyone that uses it,...
What if we just let everyone have it?...
That way,.. even the people currently paying for it, would get it,.. as well as those who have worked for it and retired...

No more mandates,.. no more confusion over plans,.. no more fines or penalties,... and no more dropping coverage...

Just Medicare... for everyone...

I have friend... his wife has MS...
He has an 80k job with a military supplier with A+ health insurance package... and he is still paying $1,000 to $3,000 a month for care...
My friend is very lucky...

It's beyond silly...
Nobody chooses to be sick...
It's not like everybody wants a Mercedes... Huh...
It's like God gives you a broken Yugo,... and you just want it to run... Undecided...

Life isn't fair...
We don't need to help make it less fair...

JMHO...

Nation's largest healthcare insurer has announced they are considering pulling out of Obamacare. The death spiral that was predicted is happening of course. Young healthy people are not buying insurance policies at the rate Obama,  for some reason, believe that they would despite the fact everyone told him they would not.

if you remember the campaign between McCain and Obama, health insurance was the main issue.  there was a mandate for whoever the winner was to address healthcare much the same way there is a mandate for whoever wins this election to address more serious Islamic fascist problems.  Obama had an opportunity to make positive incremental changes to the healthcare system that would have made dramatic improvements. He could have blended his ideas with McCains ideas and came up with something useful.  guaranteeing portability and non-cancellation policy's along withwith moving insurance plans away from employers  and opening up insurance companies ability to operate a crossed state lines would have  a been a good start.

instead, Obama went for broke. After suffering through this fool for the past seven years we know now why he did that. Number one, he's clearly the worst president  this nation has ever seen but number two, he's an egotistical piece of  $hit.  it's his way or the highway. He knows best everybody, else is a fool. Well, seeing that everything he's touched has turned to lead and is sinking fast, who's the fool now?

The big question is can we dump Obamacare and replace it with the beginnings of something that will solve this problem once and for all. I'm not sure. I think the idea about portability and guaranteed coverage can be put in the place. I think we need to find a way to move insurance policies away from someone's  employer. That's never made any sense to me. Since we've seen what happens when government gets involved in large scake healthcare, ( medicare for example VA care for example ) we know we can't go that route.

there has to be away for the free market to get involved to drive premiums down and quality up while at the same time having that failsafe so no one goes bankrupt because of a health issue. There has to be a way to do this. The amount of money the US government pi$$es away almost daily should be enough to take care of this problem.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #16 - 11/23/15 at 07:45:25

What Obama did, was not going broke...
Medicare for everyone would be going for broke...

That is where we're going,.. eventually...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 11/23/15 at 08:04:39

I'm on a webinar right now for my company's benifits for next yesr. going over what drives our premium increases. obamacare is responsible for 4% this year.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 11/23/15 at 16:45:50

WebsterMark wrote on 11/23/15 at 08:04:39:
I'm on a webinar right now for my company's benifits for next yesr. going over what drives our premium increases. obamacare is responsible for 4% this year.

what do you blame the rest of the increase on?  

cause if your health insurance ONLY went up by 4%, that's a HUGE win and you could thank Obamacare for that.

If the rest of the increase is MORE than 4%, then shouldn't you focus on the bigger part?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #19 - 11/23/15 at 17:10:19

" ... premium increases. obamacare is responsible for 4% this year.

From 2014, when I was, FORCED, to pay, (as per,  King  Bama).
to 2015, my premiums went up,   322%
(AND MY INCOME DID NOT CHANGE)

Thanks 'King  Bama', for your   FAILED    !!!!!!   A.C.A.

It,  was,  real simple. I put money away, in a, 'Self Insurance' , fund.

I used it once, when the Wife, broke her femur, the Hospital/Surgery, bill was $56,750.00.   They  NEVER gave me a Detailed, list of the costs.
I kept questioning/ASKING, them.    
(By  Minn LAW, if you ask, they  MUST   Give)

THEN, a, 'Meeting', with 6, 'heads', of the various departments.
After my questions,  "WHICH NONE OF THEM WOULD ANSWER"
After the meeting, the administrator asked me:  "Well what do you think"
I told him:   "I will pay a fair cost,  but I  WILL NOT GET SCREWED".

2 days later, I received a bill for 15,000.00   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gee,  from 56, THOUSAND,  to 15 Thousand.   ???????

Think,  'BAMMA  CARE"  is   BROKE   !!!!!!!

Now, here is  ANOTHER Clincher, !!!!!!!!

INR, (Blood Test to determine the, 'thinness of the blood, while taking a, 'Blood Thinner').   As a, 'number, determined by what ever, is prescribed.

The, 'Insurance' cost is $69.95  per test.  (In  Minn)
(The test consists of, 'pricking a finger', taking a, 'drop' of blood, and determining what, 'number', that blood is).
The, 'test' takes, 1 min, and it takes a $500.00 machine to read the results.

My wife had to do this for 10 weeks, (once a week),  after she got out of the hospital.

So, the Clinic, that did the blood tests.  First time, I said: "How Much".
They said:   "69.95"
I said:   " NO,  I will pay you CASH, each time, Right Now".
They, called, consulted, talked about it, etc.
and after 15 min it was:  "We will take $24.00"

GEE,   69.95 to 24.00   ??????????????

Think Health Care is  BROKEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, Let's FIX it.
First thing. Let ALL  the H.C. Insures, Compete, with each OTHERS.
Do,  NOT,  allow,   (can you say,  'Kick Back'), ONLY, a handful to compete in each State.

Then, (nothing wrong with a profit), but NOT, a  GROSS OBSCENE,  PROFIT.

That would be like getting a  S-40 for 5,000.00 then turning it around and selling it, for $20.000.00 (By a, 'King Bama",  GUARANTEED Profit) !

Getting back to topic.

Today,  'Refuges', are  QUITE,  DIFFERENT,  than, Yesterdays.

Today, the,  'Terrorists', are riding the backs of, 'Real People In Need'. To do Nothing but,  TAKE   Free this and that,  so they can,  'GO BACK', and use that against US.

That,  'Rattlesnake', is going to   BITE,  you !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #20 - 11/23/15 at 17:22:47

MnS, is this the same financial wisdom that said "Again 43 years ago, a 6 pack of, ‘cheep’ beer cost 20.00." (In Denmark)

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 11/23/15 at 17:36:48

LostArtist wrote on 11/23/15 at 16:45:50:

what do you blame the rest of the increase on?  

cause if your health insurance ONLY went up by 4%, that's a HUGE win and you could thank Obamacare for that.

If the rest of the increase is MORE than 4%, then shouldn't you focus on the bigger part?

The 4% is the direct obamacare tax. The total increase was about 16%.
$500,000 plus some change. I work for great people plus we killed it this year sales wise so they absorbed entire increase so my premiums stay same. Everyone else in my industry won't be so lucky.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
08/31/24 at 07:44:46

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › What are your thoughts on this perspective?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.