Send Topic Print
Eastwood Paints (Read 49 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Eastwood Paints
11/21/15 at 17:03:29

Gents:

Is anyone familiar with Eastwood 2K paints?  I have been meaning to give the old bike a fresh look and this could be a real good option.  What do you think?

http://www.eastwood.com/paints/2k-aero-spray-paints.html

This is from their website---

Eastwood's New 2-Component Ceramic Aero-Spray™. Paint has the durability and precision of a 2-component coating without the paint gun! The two-chamber design mixes the ceramic fortified coating and activator right in the can—no paint gun required—no mess to clean up.

Innovative nozzle technology sprays with a wide spray pattern giving you excellent coverage and more control than conventional aerosols. Formulated with Eastwood's proprietary Nano Ceramic Technology to provide you a long lasting, beautiful and durable coating.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Re: Eastwood Paints
Reply #1 - 11/21/15 at 18:40:57

Is it gasoline resistant?

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 11/21/15 at 19:01:42

Quote:
Q - Is this product fuel spill resistant? I want to apply it a motorcycle fuel tank.

A - This product will be fuel spill resistant once it is fully cured. Just don't let the fuel stay on it once it has splashed on. This product would be perfect for a motorcycle tank.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 11/22/15 at 03:52:33

Eastwood sells really good products.  Their prices are a bit high on some things - but the quality is good.  I have never tried their 2K paints as I use a spray gun.....the big problem with the spray cans is that the paint has to be sprayed once activated - the paint will cure inside the can over the "pot life" duration.

I use their spray cans of cast iron grey, aluminum, steel to paint small parts.  It goes on smooth, dries really quickly, and is durable.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #4 - 11/25/15 at 15:20:37

Very short working life for the price. The paint is cross compatible, many riders use Rustoleum for the base colors and then a 2K clear.

F.Y.I. you can get ceramic based engine paints at any auto parts store. To use them on sheetmetal, simply rig up a frame, plastic sheeting and a heater to bake cure the parts. I used "puke"  (grabber green) Duplicolor engine enamel on the hub caps and ladder rack of my 92 K1500 Silverado to offset the flat black base coat... Baked it in the sun under black plastic. Good adhesion so far, and that truck gets the ever loving s*** beat out of it on a regular basis.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 08:28:51

General CategoryThe Cafe › Eastwood Paints

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.