Lots o' hate (Read 77 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Lots o' hate
11/20/15 at 17:44:57

Thought I would try and engage folk today at work on current topics.
I didn't ask any party affiliation, religious, etc, questions, just water cooler type stuff....
Where I work its all union, except leadership.

Gang..... it ain't good.
The emotions are making people really crazy.
Their ideas and solutions are extreme, and not realistic.

I am not sure where this will end, but I have a hankering the next year will be fraught with demonstrations and confrontation like we haven't ever seen before.

I hope I am wrong but it seems like stupid is the new drug of choice....  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Re: Lots o' hate
Reply #1 - 11/20/15 at 17:49:53

raydawg wrote on 11/20/15 at 17:44:57:

Remember not to share needles with anyone  Wink

Sorry, couldn't resist....

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 11/20/15 at 18:23:23

HovisPresley wrote on 11/20/15 at 17:49:53:

Remember not to share needles with anyone  Wink

Sorry, couldn't resist....

Appreciate the humor, but I wish it was that easy...  Embarrassed

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 11/20/15 at 20:53:16

I read somewhere, that life is too short for hate...
So I settle for extreme dislike... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 11/21/15 at 04:25:20

Gang..... it ain't good.
The emotions are making people really crazy.
Their ideas and solutions are extreme, and not realistic.  

We are a pendulum. We've swung so far off course that minor corrections aren't enough to right the ship. 'Realistic' is a drop in the bucket. We need extreme variations to correct our course.

Then you get lunatics like me. I don't care if it's The Walking Dead, full on rape gangs and people killing each other for a can of beans or if it's a utopia a la Star Trek, The Next Generation. I'm just frustrated with the mediocrity in between.

--Steve

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 11/21/15 at 05:43:10

mediocrity in between

WOW......that got my attention.
I think, if I am interpreting your intention correctly, you have exposed a very a good clue, or maybe a symptom, or effect, at how  we have come to live our collective lives.
When we don't use our full potential, we lack.
This lacking results in a void in our life.
We look outward for an excuse, and reason.......
Trying to fill that void with external garbage that can't, and this leads to further delusion which can lead to frustration and then to negative actions.....

WHOA.....

I think I see someone I know very well  Embarrassed

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #6 - 11/22/15 at 10:20:55

RayDawg, You hit the nail on the head " When we don't use our full potential, we lack"
 Truer words have never been spoken. We all know what it is to go on a "mission" while rebuild a bike or performing some other project that challenges us.  
 It's unfortunate that education has been dumbed down so everybody can pass. If you don't challenge a person to develope thier full potential they know it even if they can't articulate it into words. This frustration or lack can turn into undirected anger which only needs a small spark to ignite.
We are getting closer to the ignition point which isn't good. Don't know where it will go but I'm expecting it to get worse.
 Been breaking my boat out of a 3 year storage which is a dirty and challenging job. Guess what I'm having fun, not working to my full potential but still hard work. It beats sitting around staring at social media all day. Just an example from my little world.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 11/22/15 at 11:12:22

My breaking bad Ed......
Saved this 1959 Glasspar from the grave.

New deck, transom, seats, etc

Scavenged a 1992 Suzuki DT 85 from some CL yahoos, got it running, and here is a shot from the last run of the season, back home.....

Needs a ton o' work to reach its ( mine ) full potential and I look forward with earnest  Smiley

OK... show me yours  Grin

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #8 - 11/22/15 at 12:17:47

Raydawg, nice boat! Always loved the lines on the older Glaspars glad she got a good home. She has a deeper V hull than my 21 footer.
Here's my hole in the water. She's a 1989 21 foot Westpointer built in Maine with the original 70hp Tohatsu 2 stroke. They use this style of boat for day fishing and lobstering in New England. The engine is the 90hp that came with the smaller 70hp carbs, all I need for onshore fishing. Got a little 8hp kicker on her as a backup.
She's been sitting for about three or four years in a shed but started right up. Boy was she filthy, took all day with a power washer to get the grime off of her. Need to deal with some problems with the trailer, the hot dip galvinizing is starting to go bye  bye along with needing some rollers replaced. I'm going to repaint the entire trailer with cold galvinizing paint and replace some rusted hardware.
 Slid her off the trailer Friday after making sure she ran. It's the off season for boating down here in Florida right now. Planning to have everything ready by early spring.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 11/22/15 at 15:22:52

Nice Ed.....
Never seen one, but I can sure see the lobster boat influence, looks like a soft ride with a bit of rolling.

I have an east coast boat too. This is my quick to dip, pull crab traps, and out, as I can launch her in just inches of water.
Its a 1972 Boston Whaler in her original color.
It has a 92 Suzuki 2 stroke 30 HP on it.
I found this boat just wasting away at a beach house.
Had not been touched in over 7 years.
A divorce thing, the daughters ex left it at his dad inlaws beach house.
I got it and another boat for 200 bucks.
I put some fuel to the carbs, and hooked it up to a battery, turned the key, and WHAM.....
After all those years of sitting  Grin

I shut it off and serviced it, has been bullet proof for over 10 years now.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #10 - 11/22/15 at 16:26:42

Boston Whalers are the t!ts, great score. I was looking for an 16 to 18 foot Whaler when the Pointer showed up for a real good price. My other boat is a little old 12 foot aluminum outboard which is good for the local lakes and rivers. Need to get her together next.
 The Pointer does get a little rocky in a cross swell and I get wet going into 5 foot or better seas. Don't think she draws more than 10 inches or a foot of draft.
 I had a nice little 14 foot sailboat my neighbor gave me a few years ago. It had been sitting in her back yard for years but the sails had been stored in her garage. Cleaned her up and put a new trailer under her, whole lots of fun in a stiff breeze. Had to sell it when I moved south. Angry
 They make Boston Whalers just 30 miles south of me in Edgewater, drive by the plant all the time, boy do they make some nice boats.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
08/31/24 at 07:56:30

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Lots o' hate

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.