Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Kudos to Verslagen -- Tech Section is EXCELLENT !! (Read 80 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Kudos to Verslagen -- Tech Section is EXCELLENT !!
11/20/15 at 13:33:34

Versy, time you got told again that you did "world class good" in organizing that Index for the Tech Section.

No matter what goes wrong with a Savage, there is a complete proven out fix sitting there waiting for somebody to SPEND A MINIMUM of effort to locate it.

Today, I had to troubleshoot a Nissan Cube driver side window issue -- there were 3 major Cube forums (two of which were totally populated by sissies and women) and the other that did have tech type how to articles, the actual articles were VERY spotty, full of lost pictures and had folks replying to the thread that the fix was wrong, or incomplete or didn't work for them.  

I spend 2 hours finding out what little was available, and it wasn't good information such that we are commonly used to getting on the Savage.

Versy would NEVER tolerate such sorry shite inside our own tech section -- no sir, buddy.

All you newbies need to take your hat off to the guys who reply to your questions, the ones who prove out and post the solutions and to Versy and Dave and Serobot, the guys who keep it neat, organized and current.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Kudos to Verslagen -- Tech Section is EXCELLEN
Reply #1 - 11/20/15 at 13:57:53

If I stand tall, it is because I stand on the shoulders of giants.
Without the quality of content that has been given, it wouldn't have mattered much.
A box of sh!t no matter how neatly laid is still what it is.
All our members, past and present, old salt or newb have aided in the tech section either by creating the content or inspiring it.
Necessity is the mother of invention and some of these newbs really are.

WWW   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 11/20/15 at 17:03:24

Yes... I agree OT.

Versy, Dave, and Bot all deserve our gratitude for their commitment to this site.....
It makes loving this little beast more easy  Kiss

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 11/21/15 at 07:40:44

Yes Sirs, a job well done.
Thank you.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #4 - 11/21/15 at 11:05:38

I agree also... awesome job, makes it easy for the newbs and older riders to find exactly what they need to do!

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #5 - 11/22/15 at 08:11:32

I also agree, Versy has done a bang up job on the tech section, and Dave and Sero are great resources too
So is JOG, if you can get the sense of his posts

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #6 - 11/22/15 at 08:21:27

I nominate Kris too! What a guy!  Grin

Thanks Versy! I don't know how many times I've referred to the tech section for a little help. The links/sections are very easy to navigate. Now if we can just get the newbs to find it!  Grin

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 11/22/15 at 09:00:18

Art Webb wrote on 11/22/15 at 08:11:32:
I also agree, Versy has done a bang up job on the tech section, and Dave and Sero are great resources too
So is JOG, if you can get the sense of his posts

First, I'm not offended. I've seen this, maybe you said it, maybe someone else. Point is, if my posts are confusing, I need to understand what I'm doing wrong. Except for
You suck, or, you're stupid, I am willing to hear what is wrong with my posts. I want them to be helpful. I'm reading the problem and trying to either ask questions that would, when answered, tend to either lead to the answer or help us understand the problem better.

So, understand that my blood pressure is
At rest.
I'm not insulted or angry, I just want you, anyone, to tell me how I can improve my communications.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #8 - 11/23/15 at 09:56:56

some times they are very abbreviated for the information you are trying to give, and that makes the context hard to follow for some
Or maybe I'm just dumb  Grin
I understand you're trying not to type a book, and I'm sure folks who are used to your posting style get what you're saying perfectly, in fact I've seen one or more of the mods sort of 'fill in the blanks' to add context when a newb doesn't get it
for myself, for all I have learned over the years there are glaring gaps in my knowledge that likely make it worse

I'd bet the reason your advice worked so much better for JJ over the phone was, simply, that saying a thing is easier than typing it
I love my smart phone's voice to text feature for that very reason, despite the need to really enunciate when I use it
Typing is a PITA
of course feedback is faster over the phone too

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #9 - 11/23/15 at 12:33:32

My thanks to everybody here. I agree with old feller, I recently had to do some wrenching on a mitsubishi eclipse. The mitsu forums I found, when compared to this forum, are just not very good. I did finally get the eclipse running properly but info was difficult to find.

Anyway, thanks Versy, Dave, Sero, Lancer, Old Feller, Old Rider, JOG, ... thanks to everybody on this forum. This forum is the best.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 06:22:21

General CategoryThe Cafe › Kudos to Verslagen -- Tech Section is EXCELLENT !!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.