Send Topic Print
Refuges ? (Read 957 times)
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Re: Refuges ?
Reply #75 - 11/23/15 at 17:27:35

Yep, as long as the Media provides an interpretation of events, and is linked with certain owners/businesses/political-parties, then we have no decent, reliable news. Same the world over  Sad

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #76 - 11/23/15 at 17:42:22

I wonder, if a, certain,  UK poster, is not a  relative of:
Arthur Neville Chamberlain.  
Who was BEST  known, (Here in the USA)
  for his appeasement of foreign policy   ?????

'Paraphrased''.   "Oh,  this man named  Adolf Hitler, he  is OK,  he will do no harm".

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #77 - 11/23/15 at 17:55:38

MnSpring wrote on 11/23/15 at 17:42:22:
I wonder, if a, certain,  UK poster, is not a  relative of:
Arthur Neville Chamberlain.  
Who was BEST  known, (Here in the USA)
  for his appeasement of foreign policy   ?????

'Paraphrased''.   "Oh,  this man named  Adolf Hitler, he  is OK,  he will do no harm".

Godwin's Law

Smiley

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #78 - 11/23/15 at 18:57:51

Search

hitler man of the year

Note how many times on the cover of times. History books in school start introducing him invading, what was it? Poland?
One thing I'm certain of, Texas history books have been rewritten so as to protect the feelings of certain people, particularly in the story of the Alamo.
Truth never changes. If the history books can Change in order to tell a story to be more palatable, they can be written so as to teach what is politically advantageous, in the first place.

In short, I trust history books as much as Fox news. At least, those dealing with relatively modern history. The Roman empire, Genghis Khan, stuff like that, probably as accurate as they know.
Pyramids?? Nope, don't believe that a pyramid that showed no sign of being entered , yet has no inscriptions, and no body, was a tomb.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #79 - 11/23/15 at 19:28:49

Jog wrote:

Quote:
Truth never changes. If the history books can Change in order to tell a story to be more palatable, they can be written so as to teach what is politically advantageous, in the first place.

In short, I trust history books as much as Fox news. At least, those dealing with relatively modern history.

The "Ministry of Truth" isn't fully operational yet. But they're working on it.

Orwell would sh*t his pants if he knew his book, which he intended as a warning, was being used as an instruction manual.

Wait until they get around to the "Ministry of Cyber Truth" and start rewriting the internet. Probably developing the algorithms right now so that AI computers can do the editing, instead of guys like poor old Winston. Then we will be truly f**ked.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #80 - 11/23/15 at 20:30:07

There used to be a quote I would C/P, roughly paraphrased
Regardless the pain of the knowledge of the truth, my heart would rather know the truth than a comfortable lie.

It's been gone for over a year.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #81 - 11/24/15 at 03:36:54

So..... want to make sure I got this right before I respond further....

We should accept any/all refugees who desire to flee their trappings based on the fact we, the good ol' USA, is a Christian Nation?

Is that what I read?

Bot wrote: The biggest Christian nation in the world is not even willing to lend a token of help in a global crisis...

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #82 - 11/24/15 at 06:08:32

When are you people going to realize that religion is the reason people have been killing each other for millennia?

Hitler was man of the year, Mussolini got the trains to run on time, and Saddam was the closest thing to stabilization I've ever seen in the Middle East.

--Steve

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #83 - 11/24/15 at 09:23:57

raydawg wrote on 11/24/15 at 03:36:54:

We should accept any/all refugees who desire to flee their trappings based on the fact we, the good ol' USA, is a Christian Nation?

Is that what I read?

Bot wrote: The biggest Christian nation in the world is not even willing to lend a token of help in a global crisis...

No, that's what you interpreted.

Not all/any refugees. Not based on the USA being Christian.

The USA is a huge land mass.
The USA is in the top 10 richest nations.
The USA follows a religion which teaches "do unto others...etc".
The USA played a large part in the terror that the Syrian refugees are fleeing.
The USA was founded by immigrants/refugees.

These are the reasons that people question the 'Christian attitude' of the USA when it comes to accepting people in need into the country.

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #84 - 11/24/15 at 10:25:16

I am going to say one more thing...then retreat back into the RSD and Cafe' where I feel more at home.

Christianity is a peaceful religion, and one that offers you the opportunity to worship GOD in the church and religion of your choice.  The Christians are supposed to spread the Gospel, and witness to others, and help the others to be saved from the wickedness and sin in the world.  If you are not a believer and choose to turn away - that is a choice you are free to make.

Islam is not a peaceful religion.  They are supposed to spread their religion all over the world, and is perfectly OK to lie and kill anyone that is not a believer.  Killing Christians is fine....you are not supposed to live in peace and harmony with your Christian neighbors.  They are raising and training their youth to be Suicide Bombers and Martyrs and to kill as many Christians as possible.

That is the basis to the strong Christian opposition of bringing Muslim refugees to this country.  It is not that Christians are not compassionate people - it is the fact that the Christian people don't want their children and grandchildren fighting a Holy War on US soil.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #85 - 11/24/15 at 11:04:40

HovisPresley wrote on 11/24/15 at 09:23:57:
raydawg wrote on 11/24/15 at 03:36:54:

Is that what I read?

No, that's what you interpreted.

Not all/any refugees. Not based on the USA being Christian.

The USA is a huge land mass.
The USA is in the top 10 richest nations.
The USA follows a religion which teaches "do unto others...etc".
The USA played a large part in the terror that the Syrian refugees are fleeing.
The USA was founded by immigrants/refugees.

These are the reasons that people question the 'Christian attitude' of the USA when it comes to accepting people in need into the country.

Who said they are not willing and wanting to help these people, you?
Why can't we help according to what we think would be best?
Me thinks you have ingested too much ink from the wrong paper while eating your fish and chips....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #86 - 11/24/15 at 11:11:39

No refugees in '911', no refugees in 'Paris', but refugees might start a holy war on US soil.

Maybe if people took the time to look at Islam they would be aware that it is no more or less peaceful than Christianity.

But to see that, maybe you have to look at it from a non-Christian and non-Muslim perspective.

It's a waste of electrons to type in all the quotes from the Koran that show it to be peaceful, respectful and tolerant*, just as it is to type in the 'smight the unbelievers' parts of the Bible. And vice-versa.

(I'm sure I remember one of the forum members set out to read the Koran, a few months ago).

I can see why the USA doesn't want to take in Syrian refugees, but I don't think the USA can see the irony in the situation.....and that is where the danger lies.

* Available on request

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #87 - 11/24/15 at 11:14:25

Dave wrote on 11/24/15 at 10:25:16:
Christianity is a peaceful religion, and one that offers you the opportunity to worship GOD in the church and religion of your choice.  The Christians are supposed to spread the Gospel, and witness to others, and help the others to be saved from the wickedness and sin in the world.  If you are not a believer and choose to turn away - that is a choice you are free to make.

I have seen people be wrong in this forum but you take the cake, my friend.

"You Ethiopians will also be slaughtered by my sword," says the LORD.  And the LORD will strike the lands of the north with his fist.
Zephaniah 2:12

Stand in silence in the presence of the Sovereign LORD, for the awesome day of the LORD's judgment has come.  The LORD has prepared his people for a great slaughter and has chosen their executioners.  "On that day of judgment," says the LORD, "I will punish the leaders and princes of Judah and all those following pagan customs.  Yes, I will punish those who participate in pagan worship ceremonies, and those who steal and kill to fill their masters' homes with loot.
Zephaniah 1:7

Freedom to be Pagan?

Is any among you sick?  Let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: and the prayer of faith shall save him that is sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, it shall be forgiven him.  
James 5:14

No need for a doctor or science, just rely on prayer.

The descendants of Joseph attacked the town of Bethel, and the LORD was with them.  They sent spies to Bethel (formerly known as Luz), who confronted a man coming out of the city.  They said to him, "Show us a way into the city, and we will have mercy on you."  So he showed them a way in, and they killed everyone in the city except for this man and his family.  Later the man moved to the land of the Hittites, where he built a city.

Judges 1:21

Nothing like eradicating an entire city.

Then, with Micah's idols and his priest, the men of Dan came to the town of Laish, whose people were peaceful and secure.  They attacked and killed all the people and burned the town to the ground.  

Judges 18

Go up, my warriors, against the land of Merathaim and against the people of Pekod. Yes, march against Babylon, the land of rebels, a land that I will judge!  Pursue, kill, and completely destroy them, as I have commanded you," says the LORD.  "Let the battle cry be heard in the land, a shout of great destruction".  

Jeremiah 50

Cain and Abel? How did that one end again? Oh, they both lived in peace together?

Emperor Leo III who killed anyone who worshiped an icon instead of the deity itself? Where's that freedom?

The Spanish Inquisition was a mission of peace?

--Steve

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #88 - 11/24/15 at 11:18:03

Quote RayDawg:
Who said they are not willing and wanting to help these people, you?
Where did I say that, exactly?
Why can't we help according to what we think would be best?
Who said you couldn't?
Me thinks you have ingested too much ink from the wrong paper while eating your fish and chips....
Me laughs at Dickensian stereotypes....

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #89 - 11/24/15 at 12:12:25

Paraquat:

The majority of your quotes are from the Old Testament.  The Old Testament shows the wrath of God against sin; the New Testament shows the grace of God toward sinners.

I never said that Christians are never involved in battles or wars - or that a Christian Country and it leaders and politicians have never gone to war.  The Spanish Inquisition had very little to do with Christianity, and more to do with greed and power of people in high places.

As a Christian, I choose to live in peace....and that is how Jesus taught us to live our lives.  I do everything I can to avoid a fight - but I will also never intend to become a victim.

Ya'll enjoy yourself here......I just don't have the patience it takes to come here and verbally attack each other.

Dave

« Last Edit: 11/25/15 at 10:44:31 by Dave »  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/01/24 at 03:24:00

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Refuges ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.