Black..... (Read 119 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Black.....
11/13/15 at 04:49:26

Reading all the stories about racism and the comments really make me wonder if people can ever get along.
On my own personal level, I have not experienced this type of behavior. When I use to live in SoCal my neighborhood had a lot of black families and I never had one incident of crime vistited on me.
I had a lot of dialogue on race with my neighbors too.
I don't understand how the use of the n word is even excepted in their own community either.

As I shared before I have a black granddaughter and I am afraid for her and my son and his wife....
I am sure he withholds some of the more ugly stories visited upon them from folks of both colors....

Is there any hope?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Black.....
Reply #1 - 11/13/15 at 05:38:25

I guess I just don't get it. I thought we were a progressed country and the laws against discrimination in housing and jobs and the quotas for hiring and all that stuff had all set the stage for the final, near orgasmic level, coming together of society, as the oceans heal, our society becomes one, under the Lord and Master of the Universe,
Barack Hussein Obama.
You telling me that after nearly EIGHT years of HIS loving leadership that there is not only STILL a racial divide, but that you believe that it's growing?
Well, by Gawd , IF that's true, you can dam well believe it is the Republicans fault, that's for dang sure.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #2 - 11/13/15 at 06:05:10

Maybe it's just time to admit the obvious, and move on.

http://fredoneverything.org/missouri-taking-the-national-temperture/

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 11/13/15 at 06:17:18

raydawg wrote on 11/13/15 at 04:49:26:
Reading all the stories about racism and the comments really make me wonder if people can ever get along.
On my own personal level, I have not experienced this type of behavior. When I use to live in SoCal my neighborhood had a lot of black families and I never had one incident of crime vistited on me.
I had a lot of dialogue on race with my neighbors too.
I don't understand how the use of the n word is even excepted in their own community either.

As I shared before I have a black granddaughter and I am afraid for her and my son and his wife....
I am sure he withholds some of the more ugly stories visited upon them from folks of both colors....

Is there any hope?

Once again we are in direct contradiction.
When I was just barely a teen my mother and one of her work colleagues conspired to take their respective children to a water park. He was black, he brought a friend who was also black. I am white.
When we got there they announced to me that they were "Ditching the dumb white boy".

Then there was a time when I was youthful, full of spirit, I was going to save the world. I passed a mendicant on the street begging for change. I was smarter to give him money, so I offered to buy him lunch at the pizzeria he was set in front of. After I placed the order for him he became violently aggressive, shoving me in this crowded restaurant and told me I needed to "get out of his face, cracker".

Then there was the time I was almost the victim of an attempted physical mugging...

I can recall one time I was lost and turned down a cul-de-sac. These savage apes were swinging from a basketball hoop in the middle of the street, jumping on the hoods of cars, approached me, displayed a knife and told me I was in the wrong neighborhood. No nuts, I was lost.

So while you are perfect in every way Raydawg, and have never bore the pleasure of any incident, I can, again, offer the direct opposite of your own ruminations with real world, first person accounts which you will probably ignore like you did the last time I confronted you.

--Steve

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #4 - 11/13/15 at 06:52:42

I was raised as a liberal (3rd generation Quaker) and have found that over the course of my life I have become less a liberal and more of a realist. I worked at one job in downtown Philadelphia with a lot of africian americians, one guy about 10 years younger than me wanted to borrow a 20 to get a blow job during his lunch break andf then hit a bar. Another who did the deliveries would head out and take a 2 hour lunch break at an all you could eat deli and then rack up 1 or 2 hours OT per day.
 I have a whole bunch of examples from personal experience that has shown to me (no offense ment) that an educated person, white, black or any other race, acts more responsable than someone from a simular background but not as well educated.
 I also have had the privilege to work with people who have immigrated into the US with nothing, worked to get an education and made a wonderful life for themselves.
 What's the difference between them? maybe just the fact that one wants to take thier destiny into thier own hands while the others want thier destiny handed to them.
 Just maybe the a lot of racial unrest is due to the fact that the undereducated minorities are realizing that they need to change the way they act to get ahead but are throwing a temper tantrum instead. It's sure easier than buckling down and getting thier sh!t together and throwing temper tantrums has worked for them before.

Just my take on it all.

OldNslow, good link, fun read.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 11/13/15 at 06:53:12

Is there any hope?

Is your son as conservative as you?...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 11/13/15 at 06:57:13

oldNslow wrote on 11/13/15 at 06:05:10:
Maybe it's just time to admit the obvious, and move on.

http://fredoneverything.org/missouri-taking-the-national-temperture/

if I were rude–I emphatically am not rude–“Try contributing instead of demanding. I mean, beyond blues, basketball, and arson. Remember, we the white privileged invented both cities and matches. And virtually everything else that allows you to complain in comfort.”

While some room for debate over who invented cities might exist, you can't say he cant turn a phrase.
Suggested reading

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 11/13/15 at 07:48:12

Just maybe the a lot of racial unrest is due to the fact that the undereducated minorities are realizing that they need to change the way they act to get ahead but are throwing a temper tantrum instead. It's sure easier than buckling down and getting thier sh!t together and throwing temper tantrums has worked for them before.

You might be on to something there Ed. Some of the incidents that prompted the Mizzou debacle never happened and the ones that could have happened, have been blown way out of proportion.

My daughter attends Mizzou's rival, Kansas University, and they have a mini uproar this week, but nothing near Mizzou.

So I did some research on the KU thing and found the president of their Black Student Union claimed she and a friend were at a party off campus were they were assaulted, called names, spit on, told they would be thrown off a balcony and finally a gun pulled on them. She says she called police, but when police came and met her on the street, they just told her that's what happens when you go to off campus parties. She said they refused to investigate or file a report.

Now, I call major bull$hit on that! There's no way in this day and age, a cop isn't going to investigate an allegation of a gun being pulled on a black woman by a white man. Just never gonna happen. So, I looked this woman up on twitter and asked her why not call Lawrence police and ask them to pull the recording of her call, go through the records and find the officer(s) who were dispatched to the scene. All departments keep records of stuff like that. Should be a very simple matter to find out who the cops were, right?

She just called me a racist troll and refused to answer.

It's obvious she made the entire thing up, but she's going around on campus spouting it as if it happened but no one's calling BS! I don't get it. Racism is a real, but they are making stuff up to make it worse.

I think that's you point Ed, maybe they see the writing on the wall that generations have been lost by following an ideology that has left them way behind....

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 11/13/15 at 08:02:45

Serowbot wrote on 11/13/15 at 06:53:12:

Is there any hope?

Is your son as conservative as you?...

I would even say more so....
Wasn't a few days ago you called me a democrat  Grin
He is college educated, Fresno state and a master from Pepperdine.
He is waaaaaaay smarter than me, but who ain't  Tongue

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 11/13/15 at 08:04:45

Steve, I really am clueless to what you refer to, but let me caution you this format is extremely easy to misinterpret a persons intentions....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 11/13/15 at 08:14:41

raydawg wrote on 11/13/15 at 08:02:45:
I would even say more so....
Wasn't a few days ago you called me a democrat  Grin

Oh,... yeah...  
I forgot about that... Grin...

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #11 - 11/13/15 at 08:28:50

Racism is a real, but they are making stuff up to make it worse.

http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/columns/joe-holleman/mizzou-hunger-strike-...

Boy this guy is repressed, his dad made 8.4 million last year.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #12 - 11/13/15 at 08:36:26

Why is his hat Photoshopped?...  Undecided...

Now,.. I have to wonder about the writing on the t-shirt... and the motivations of the poster's creator...

EDIT...
I found the original..

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 11/13/15 at 09:31:09

The hat is in reference to a meme of a guy with the loving pseudonym of "Scumbag Steve" (Google it). At any point when someone is being a scumbag they earn the hat.

Raydawg - referring to this post here:
When referencing police corruption.
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1438402217/29#29

--Steve

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #14 - 11/13/15 at 09:50:57

Think about it,
(You may put me in the, ’tin foil hat’, group)
Don’t care, Just think about it.
I believe. Their is another force, ‘Purposely’, KEEPING the, ‘separation’ going.
Because it keeps your mind OFF, how badly your getting screwed, by other things.

Went to a boys boarding school.
Became friends with a, ‘Black’ person, from Chicago.
We were both independent people,
(Un like some, that were ALWAYS, in their Certain Group)
Once and a while, we would walk together to the refectory,
Or sneak out in the woods for a smoke.
Not, BBF, type, but friends, who chatted freely about class, instructors, girls, etc, and also, Race & Religion!

Next year, saw him, we were happy to see each other.
And had a good time chatting.
BUT, he became more distant as time went on.
Finally, he said we can’t talk any more, because I have Oppressed his race.
Cheese and Rice, WTF !!!!!!!!

I checked further, and found out he was taking a, ‘Black History” Class.
I signed up for that class the next quarter, and was told I could NOT take it, because I was WHITE.

30 years ago, first time in Huntsville TX.
Here this, naive, ‘White Boy’, from Minn. Saw and experienced things,
which, ‘he thought’,  went OUT of style in the 30-40’s.

This, hatred, of a person, JUST, because of the color of their skin.
And  NOT,  on what kind, of person they are.
Could be Very Easily, SOLVED by now.  But it’s not.

Is it matter of the, ‘fairy dust’, people, swinging the pendulum, to far ?
(example: Mother and child, in a store, the child is very unruly, the mother, gives a little swat on the butt, grabs their hand, set’s then down, and scolds them. And another, ‘fairy dust’, person, calls the police, and the Mother is put in Jail)

Or is it a mater of, Someone, ‘Purposely’, telling someone else,
"You are Special, and You have, ’Special’, rights”.
To Spread, discord ?

Oh, Bot, Yesterday, went to town, the, special was 2 Polish Sausages, Sauerkraut, Beans, and Cauliflower soup.
And as it was after, the lunch rush, I got a, bigger helping of, Sauerkraut & Beans.
So does that means, I can Post ? (Just trying out your new, proposed, proposal.  8 paragraphs.)

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 21:03:53

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Black.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.