Send Topic Print
Killer Question... (Read 185 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Killer Question...
Reply #15 - 11/12/15 at 09:10:14

Why did that change happen?It happened because of Republican policies...
a. Union busting

Here's a question: let's go back in time to the late 70's and assume Democrats were successful and kept unions flourishing instead of dropping off. Let's assume they spread to in vast % into other industries as Democrats tried helping them do.

As China, India, Mexico etc... began their economic growth upwards in the 80's, 90's, but the US kept high wages, benefits etc... which kept prices high, what would have happened to the US economy under that scenario  vs what actually happened?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #16 - 11/12/15 at 09:18:34

You ask big questions,...
...the answers are beyond the end of your nose...

Altogether, the top 1 percent control 43 percent of the wealth in the nation; the next 4 percent control an additional 29 percent.
That,.. is 72% of the wealth in this nation... in the  hands of 5% of the people...
Ben Carson and the Donald say that taxing 72% of the wealth won't make a dent...
We must infer that they believe the remaining 28% will...

Have you ever heard the expression,.. getting blood from a turnip?.... Undecided...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 11/12/15 at 10:02:13

Your suggesting we take every penny from those you consider rich?

But regardless, this is one of those lies that has been repeated so many times, it's believed. The problem is it takes a little bit of thinking to work through the lie.

There's a big difference between having money and 'controlling' wealth.

The top 1% of income earners took home 17% of the income generated in the US. You only need $500,000 income to get into the top 1%.

Now, the top 1% has accumulated over the years the vast majority of the capital in the US. That includes stocks, mutual funds, property etc.. for example. Turning that into cash however, would transfer wealth elsewhere. So yes, the Koch Brothers, Donald Trump and George Soros have billions in wealth, but turning that into cash would transfer some of that wealth to others (buyers) and the government (taxes)

The bottom line is taxing the income of the riches Americans would do nothing to solve the nation's fiscal problem. Carson and Trump are correct.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #18 - 11/12/15 at 10:15:54

The rich just love you, Web... Kiss...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 11/12/15 at 10:31:04

as I said, it requires a little thinking to understand the difference.

income and wealth are not the same thing.

politicians take advantage of the fact that you either don't know this or don't want to put the time in understanding the difference and the ramifications from that.

Ben Carson's statement and Donald trumps statement still stands: taxing the rich every penny they have won't solve anything.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 11/12/15 at 10:33:36

this is just like when Obama compares forcing people to buy health insurance as being the same thing as forcing people to buy automobile insurance. There's enough people in the world that when they heard that they thought "oh well gee, that sounds about right." They have nothing in common with one another.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 11/12/15 at 11:11:09

Serowbot wrote on 11/12/15 at 08:22:15:
[b]Economically,.. we can't afford to pay decent wages to the blue collar working class, and they, in turn, can't afford to buy the goods they used to.
Sure,.. we all have big flat screens and fancy electronics, but they are made in 3rd world countries and cost nothing.
... but, we can't afford to "buy American" anymore...

When asked about why he paid workers so much, Henry Ford supposedly replied so the workers could afford to buy his cars.
While this may be a myth, he

"The benefits were almost immediate. Productivity surged, and the Ford Motor Co. doubled its profits in less than two years. Ford ended up calling it the best cost-cutting move he ever made."

http://www.npr.org/2014/01/27/267145552/the-middle-class-took-off-100-years-a...

and saw sales of over 1 million cars in 1920.

--Steve

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 11/12/15 at 11:19:25

....and then what happened Steve?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #23 - 11/12/15 at 13:27:06

...then he made the Pinto... Grin...

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #24 - 11/12/15 at 13:57:23

Serowbot wrote on 11/12/15 at 13:27:06:

oooh... killer answer.   Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #25 - 11/12/15 at 13:57:26

Serowbot wrote on 11/12/15 at 06:12:41:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/11/15 at 23:25:40:
Closest thing to true capitalism in American history.

I think that was prior to the Fed.

The tax rate on the rich in the 1950's was 90%...

Roll Eyes...

And? We didn't even have an income tax prior to the Fed. How does your pointing out the raping of the people somehow make my point incorrect? Capitalism , by your own point, was being crushed, Post creation of the Fed. Thanks for helping make my point.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #26 - 11/12/15 at 14:41:24

Serowbot wrote on 11/12/15 at 08:22:15:
WebsterMark wrote on 11/12/15 at 07:31:30:
There are a couple of statistics that are the most telling to me.
1) Wal-Mart is the largest US private employer.

2) The ratio of part time works to full time workers peaked in 2010 and is basically still at historical levels.

I'm 54 years old and my I remember it wasn't all that long ago that General Motors was the largest employer and part time work was mostly driven by employee demand, not employer.

Here's some questions I have based on those two key statistics I'd be interested in hearing other's answers.

What impact do those two change have on the US both economically and socially?
Economically,.. we can't afford to pay decent wages to the blue collar working class, and they, in turn, can't afford to buy the goods they used to.
Sure,.. we all have big flat screens and fancy electronics, but they are made in 3rd world countries and cost nothing.
... but, we can't afford to "buy American" anymore...
The only job growth we see is in the service and sales area, where the jobs can't be outsourced overseas....

Why did that change happen?It happened because of Republican policies...
a. Union busting
b. privatized healthcare... namely, making the majority of it, employer based, and HMO managed.
The working class has no leverage against the employers anymore...
They have no job security, and many can't leave because they need their healthcare, for their families if not themselves...
Who will be largest employer 10 years from now?
Restaurants, fast food, stores, healthcare, and home/ auto repair... (can't be outsourced)...

Will that be a good thing or a bad thing?
It is a bad thing...  The only good jobs, with security, are government jobs.  The only people I know that will retire with a pension, are in city, state, or federal, government jobs... or,.. military related industry...

If it's a bad thing, what can be done to keep that from happening?
Tax the rich...  
Penalize them for outsourcing...
Regulate businesses...
Require fair wages... securities, pensions, etc...
Nationalize healthcare...
To lower costs, and to give working people the security to seek better circumstances....

Unions used to do this... big business lobbying has destroyed them.
Now,.. the rich have what they want...
No regulation,.. low taxes... and a cheap workforce,.. here or overseas...

They are the new aristocracy...
We are the proles...
Economic feudalism...

Actually,... the simple solution is to get rid paid lobbyists...
You can lobby for a cause,... but money is out of the picture.
No more industry shills buying breaks and subsidies, or influencing the people's government...

Corporations are not people...

JMHO

I see a bunch of good ideas there, Row. I don't care about Who supposedly pushed for or who signed whatever,, I don't care, I Only care about what has been done and what impact it's had.
NAFTA was just a piece of it. Needs to be thrown out.
We spend as much as the next TEN countries on defense, and all I see is more spending. And for what?
Pre WWII, when the war ended, we stopped building equipment for war. Now, everyone, LOOK.  War machinery and equipment is always being built, SO, in order to Not just watch it rot, we keep trouble stirred up, so it gets sold to a soon to be enemy or used against one.

Why is it not enough to get people to Stop and THINK, General Wesley Clark had a list of countries that We would be involved with militarily, and LO and Behold, look at where we have been and where we are headed. BUT, the Reasons FOR this
Need to be there
Is Newer than the list.
How very prescient of whomever created the list.

It's not the bubs. It's not the dems. It's the unelected, corporatist, criminal elite.

What was IKE warning about?
IF he wasn't insane, and IF, in fact such a threat existed, then what would things look like Had we Failed to heed that warning?

Look out the window. He was not crazy and we didn't stop the shadowy groups fighting for power. The People have no voice and haven't for decades.

I haven't forgotten My history. I remember what I've seen. I Watched what happened when the FDA head was replaced by a pharmaceutical company associated person. I read the paper when I was a CHILD. I Saw reports about companies that had spent millions on research and development, hoping to sell a product and the FDA said
No.
And I Watched the reports of those events diminish. Now, it's not news, ever. BUT, you Can get a number for the law firm suing the company that Sold the Formerly FDA approved drug.

Our schools and economy have been sabotaged, not poorly handled, sabotaged.

Problem reaction, solution.
Divide and conquer.
Please note
The Real uniters were killed. MLK would throw up looking at what we are told are the representatives of downtrodden. They only get trotted out when they're needed, to keep things stirred up.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #27 - 11/12/15 at 15:30:13

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/11/15 at 23:25:40:
Closest thing to true capitalism in American history.

I think that was prior to the Fed.

There is a great of merit to that statement.  I didn't realize they instituted the federal income tax in 1913, then the fed res the following year.  They really needed money for ww1.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #28 - 11/12/15 at 15:40:20

US On Road To Third World

Paul Craig Roberts

On January 6, 2004, Senator Charles Schumer and I challenged the erroneous idea that jobs offshoring was free trade in a New York Times op-ed. Our article so astounded economists that within a few days Schumer and I were summoned to a Brookings Institution conference in Washington, DC, to explain our heresy. In the nationally televised conference, I declared that the consequence of jobs offshoring would be that the US would be a Third World country in 20 years.

That was 11 years ago, and the US is on course to descend to Third World status before the remaining nine years of my prediction have expired.  Feel free to read the remainder of the article:

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2015/10/29/us-on-road-to-third-world-paul-cra...

Interesting article from Paul Craig Roberts, former Assistant Treasury Secretary under Reagan's administration.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #29 - 11/12/15 at 16:34:15

Serowbot wrote on 11/12/15 at 13:27:06:

Now that is funny....  Grin

You know I never thought of the pinto the way I did of the mustang...
I always thought more of what the bean does to me when I ate them.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 16:35:41

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Killer Question...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.