YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Killer Question...
11/11/15 at 15:22:34

Killer Question Republicans Couldn't Answer Tuesday Night
History hasn't been kind to GOP arguments about taxes...

Quote:
...in seven years under President Obama, the U.S. has added an average of 107,000 jobs a month. Under President Clinton, the economy added about 240,000 jobs a month. Under George W. Bush, it was only 13,000 a month. If you win the nomination, you'll probably be facing a Democrat named Clinton. How are you going to respond to the claim that Democratic presidents are better at creating jobs than Republicans?

Answer?.... More tax cuts for the rich... same thing Bush did,... that didn't work... Huh...

Donald Trump has unveiled his tax plan. It would, it turns out, lavish huge cuts on the wealthy while blowing up the deficit.
This is in contrast to Jeb Bush’s plan, which would lavish huge cuts on the wealthy while blowing up the deficit,
...and Marco Rubio’s plan, which would lavish huge cuts on the wealthy while blowing up the deficit.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: Killer Question...
Reply #1 - 11/11/15 at 15:40:35

Donald Trump has unveiled his tax plan. It would, it turns out, lavish huge cuts on the wealthy while blowing up the deficit.
This is in contrast to Jeb Bush’s plan, which would lavish huge cuts on the wealthy while blowing up the deficit,
...and Marco Rubio’s plan, which would lavish huge cuts on the wealthy while blowing up the deficit.

What are you talking about?  Obama is going to put on 10 trillion dollars to the national debt during his tenure.  

When Obama took over in January 2009, the total national debt stood at $10.6 trillion. That means the debt will have very nearly doubled during his eight years in office.

He also has the lowest labor participation rate in almost 40 years....

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
squiggy
YaBB Newbies

Furiously Savage

Michiana
Reply #2 - 11/11/15 at 16:33:07

Debt and deficit are two different things...

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #3 - 11/11/15 at 16:35:47

Obama did this !!! Obama did that !!!! ... For some reason everyone  forgets that spending bills go through CONGRESS.   The budget has just as much Democrats' pork as Republicans' pork. Shocked
Liberal Democrat or Conservative Republican  WE HAVE THE BEST GOVERNMENT MONEY CAN BUY !!!!!
If you're so POed about the way the government is run, QUIT SENDING THE SAME A$$ HOLES BACK EVERY ELECTION!!!!

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #4 - 11/11/15 at 16:58:55

If you're so POed about the way the government is run, QUIT SENDING THE SAME A$$ HOLES BACK EVERY ELECTION!!!!

If voting made a difference, they would let us do it.  

Best regards,

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 11/11/15 at 18:53:18

doesn't matter, really, who is in front of the camera and signing the bills, while unelected bureaucrats Write the laws and set policy. Study history. Not ONE fiat currency has ever survived. Gee, isn't it odd, we get the Federal Reserve AND right on its tail, Income Tax,
So, we , a Sovereign Nation, BORROW our operating capital from a bank... Keynes book, read it.If you're able to read it And it makes sense, you're a criminal.
It's a horrific system and we have been harvested. I didn't say that it's coming. It's done. Weimar republic,, seriously, people, not seeing and connecting the dots at this point?
I HEARD the word
Repeal
a few times. I Like that word, but until I SEE some of the bad stuff tossed out, I see no bright tomorrows.
Generally speaking, we have been in decline since at least  1965.
Spout the numbers...you Know that the unemployment figure
s are a joke, right? And there's no inflation to speak of, which explains why popcorn and a coke costs almost ten bucks.. The coke I got for a dime is pushing a dollar now.
My Grandpa had a 13 stool snack bar he leased from the grocery store. He , alone, ran it. He owned and added onto his house, built a two car garage, hired it done, had gutters put on, and in around 1965 , gutters were a big deal..
And, he saved money, and bought a little country store, gramma did the books, and a little thirteen bar stool snack bar generated the funds. Let that soak in.
Why don't we see that today?
Because you can't survive on the money that would make today, but in 65 one man working six days a week was Gaining Ground . I am not disrespecting him, but I worked every bit as hard and as long and was never as prosperous.
Do you believe that Your labor is as financially rewarding as the labor of our grandson?
Latch key kids , both parents working, just scraping by.

Look at the FACT that they LIE to us about the unemployment rate. Everyone KNOWS it's a lie.
But the debt? Ohh, yeah, That is a real number..
And how much did they talk about derivatives?

Does ANYONE here think about the interest rates? I remember getting  close to ten percent.
Why don't our deposits earn us anything anymore?
Don't talk about that! It's the new normal!

What would happen if it went up?
Well, if it went up on YOUR mortgage, you're hurt.
If it goes up, and we are sitting on around Twenty Trillion Dollars in acknowledged debt, just think about the increase in cost of Servicing the debt....

I could type for days,, and how many would even consider that the truth is, we are in a very bad position. All that's keeping us afloat is  that our economy, relative to the rest of the world, is not so bad.
Like sunspots are cool areas. Splash that on like aftershave.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #6 - 11/11/15 at 23:20:20

I see no bright tomorrows.  Generally speaking, we have been in decline since at least  1965.

What we really see is that we had a brief period of prosperity in American after WW2.  A number of factors contributed to the golden age as well as the decline.

Europe & Asia is decimated
Economically no competition
Bretton woods
A strong dollar
Intellectual resources
Technology
Natural resources - bountiful
Industrial revolution still booming
We were still building a national infrastructure - highways, schools, etc.
Closest thing to true capitalism in American history
Anti trust laws that protected small business and middle class
Low taxation
A population with scruples

Calvin Coolidge - “The business of America is business.”

Automation
Computers
Week dollar -  100 years of Federal Reserve & No gold standard
Globalization
No manufacturing - we used to have the capability to produce everything this country needed
NAFTA / TPP
The rest of the world has the same technology
4 or 5 billion people added to the global workforce pushing wages down
Increased government regulations stifling economic drivers
No antitrust laws
New laws written to protect corporations / banks
Repeal of Glass-Steagall
Political correctness
Crony capitalism
Increased taxation at multiple levels - Federal, State, County, CIty, now Obama Care
Interest to the national debt
Unfunded pension liabilities

A significant portion of the population is better off not working and collecting government benefits.

A simple measure of economic activity is do we produce more than we consume?  -  19T.....

Best regards,

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 11/11/15 at 23:25:40

Closest thing to true capitalism in American history.

I think that was prior to the Fed.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 11/12/15 at 05:06:45

Gee, seems newt and boner was better for bo & willie than nanny and harry, golly....
Who woulda thought  Kiss

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 11/12/15 at 06:12:41

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/11/15 at 23:25:40:
Closest thing to true capitalism in American history.

I think that was prior to the Fed.

The tax rate on the rich in the 1950's was 90%...

Roll Eyes...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 11/12/15 at 07:31:30

There are a couple of statistics that are the most telling to me.

1) Wal-Mart is the largest US private employer.

2) The ratio of part time works to full time workers peaked in 2010 and is basically still at historical levels.

I'm 54 years old and my I remember it wasn't all that long ago that General Motors was the largest employer and part time work was mostly driven by employee demand, not employer.

Here's some questions I have based on those two key statistics I'd be interested in hearing other's answers.

What impact do those two change have on the US both economically and socially?

Why did that change happen?

Who will be largest employer 10 years from now?

Will that be a good thing or a bad thing?

If it's a bad thing, what can be done to keep that from happening?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #11 - 11/12/15 at 08:14:03

WebsterMark wrote on 11/12/15 at 07:31:30:

2) The ratio of part time works to full time workers peaked in 2010 and is basically still at historical levels.

Why did that change happen?

Employers don't have to pay part time employees heath care and other benefits.
If the laws were changed to require employers pay the percentage of healthcare costs the employee works then the situation will turn around.

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #12 - 11/12/15 at 08:22:15

WebsterMark wrote on 11/12/15 at 07:31:30:

I'm 54 years old and my I remember it wasn't all that long ago that General Motors was the largest employer and part time work was mostly driven by employee demand, not employer.

Here's some questions I have based on those two key statistics I'd be interested in hearing other's answers.

What impact do those two change have on the US both economically and socially?
Economically,.. we can't afford to pay decent wages to the blue collar working class, and they, in turn, can't afford to buy the goods they used to.
Sure,.. we all have big flat screens and fancy electronics, but they are made in 3rd world countries and cost nothing.
... but, we can't afford to "buy American" anymore...
The only job growth we see is in the service and sales area, where the jobs can't be outsourced overseas....

Why did that change happen?It happened because of Republican policies...
a. Union busting
b. privatized healthcare... namely, making the majority of it, employer based, and HMO managed.
The working class has no leverage against the employers anymore...
They have no job security, and many can't leave because they need their healthcare, for their families if not themselves...
Who will be largest employer 10 years from now?
Restaurants, fast food, stores, healthcare, and home/ auto repair... (can't be outsourced)...

Will that be a good thing or a bad thing?
It is a bad thing...  The only good jobs, with security, are government jobs.  The only people I know that will retire with a pension, are in city, state, or federal, government jobs... or,.. military related industry...

Tax the rich...  
Penalize them for outsourcing...
Regulate businesses...
Require fair wages... securities, pensions, etc...
Nationalize healthcare...
To lower costs, and to give working people the security to seek better circumstances....

Unions used to do this... big business lobbying has destroyed them.
Now,.. the rich have what they want...
No regulation,.. low taxes... and a cheap workforce,.. here or overseas...

They are the new aristocracy...
We are the proles...
Economic feudalism...

Actually,... the simple solution is to get rid paid lobbyists...
You can lobby for a cause,... but money is out of the picture.
No more industry shills buying breaks and subsidies, or influencing the people's government...

Corporations are not people...

JMHO

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 11/12/15 at 08:37:13

Employers don't have to pay part time employees heath care and other benefits.
If the laws were changed to require employers pay the percentage of healthcare costs the employee works then the situation will turn around.

Why should employers be involved with healthcare at all?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 11/12/15 at 08:53:31

Tax the rich...  
Penalize them for outsourcing...
Regulate businesses...
Nationalize healthcare...
To lower costs, and to give working people the security to seek better circumstances....

The company I work for has 4 manufacturing facilities in the US. NC, IL, NJ and CA.
If your suggestions were implemented, what would my company do?
Tax the rich: I and all our managers (about 25 people total) get a very large bonus based on annual results every March. The misses and I are thinking about moving this spring after that check comes. Now, President Serowbot comes along and takes a bunch of that money from me and the other 24 because 'it's the fair thing to do'. All of us adjust what we would have done with that money. Cars are not bought, vacation not taken, houses not bought etc.... In typical government fashion, you waste an enormous amount of that money that you took from us and what you don't waste, you give away to those you deem more worthy of it than me.
Now how does that help? As Ben Carson correctly pointed out, you could take every cent from 'the rich' and it wouldn't make a dent.

Our California plant is already the least productive by far, followed by NJ, then IL and finally NC. Pretty easy to guess why. So the question is, since we're in a global economy, raising NC wages to match CA, won't you just drive my company to Mexico?

Nationalize healthcare...  My company's global HQ is in Sweden and they have nationalized healthcare. Our Swedish CEO will tell you flat out, the US is not Sweden. Obamacare is costing millions upon millions of dollars and is not working as intended which was predictable. How would the US with a nationalized healthcare be better off?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 13:13:25

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Killer Question...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.