Send Topic Print
hide the decline (Read 81 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

hide the decline
11/09/15 at 18:31:52

BEIJING — China, the world’s leading emitter of greenhouse gases from coal, is burning far more annually than previously thought, according to new government data. The finding could vastly complicate the already difficult efforts to limit global warming.

Even for a country of China’s size and opacity, the scale of the correction is immense. China has been consuming as much as 17 percent more coal each year than reported, according to the new government figures. By some initial estimates, that could translate to almost a billion more tons of carbon dioxide released into the atmosphere annually in recent years, more than all of Germany emits from fossil fuels.

“This will have a big impact, because China has been burning so much more coal than we believed,” Yang said. “It turns out that it was an even bigger emitter than we imagined. This helps to explain why China’s air quality is so poor, and that will make it easier to get national leaders to take this seriously.”

The adjusted data, which appeared recently in an energy statistics yearbook published without fanfare by China’s statistical agency, show that coal consumption has been underestimated since 2000, and particularly in recent years. The revisions were based on a census of the economy in 2013 that exposed gaps in data collection, especially from small companies and factories.

Illustrating the scale of the revision, the new figures add about 600 million tons to China’s coal consumption in 2012 — an amount equivalent to more than 70 percent of the total coal used annually by the United States.

...and I love this line....

This is troublesome because many forecasts and commitments were based on the previous data

So, let me see if I get this straight; 20 years ago, we were told the global temperatures would be way higher than they are actually right now. 15 years ago, they revised their predictions on today's climate to a lower temp, but we are still far below that second prediction. A few years after that, another lower prediction, but today, guess what? Yep, still lower. Now we find out that for the last 15 years, China's been putting even more CO2 into the atmosphere than what was used to already overestimate the temperature...

So, I ask any of you who have bought into the charade, isn't it about time you start doubting what you've been told? CO2 is .004% of the atmosphere. Man's contribution to that .004% is estimated to be .034%  (Mind you, that's .034% of .004%)
The upcoming Paris meeting of frauds,  crooks and thieves, known as climate scientist, will tell you that if you don't cut a tiny fraction out of the .034 which is a tiny fraction of .004%, then we're all gonna die in a few years.  Okay, that deserves one of these:  Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: hide the decline
Reply #1 - 11/11/15 at 19:47:39

when you are right, you're right.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #2 - 11/12/15 at 09:41:35

It's a scam that everyone knows is a scam but is accepted at truth by the lowest common denominator.

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 11/12/15 at 14:56:21

Does anyone else remember the announcements that certain, old, weather stations were being replaced and THAT location would no longer be monitored?
Remote locations, where people weren't impacting the temperature there, those became obsolete. Somehow it was reasonable to place some on rooftops,in the city. Near the runway.
Gee, I wonder what that might do.

And we KNOW that the unemployment figures are a straight up Lie.
But, because someone who has some letters by their names Said, and in spite of the FACT that we were Told

Hurricanes will be deadlier, and more of them.
The Arctic will be ice free.
Nothing the alarmists have warned us about has happened.
Earth IS changing. Always has. Did we cause some of it? Probably. But this is a Game,folks. The carbon credit, carbon tax, Ohh, come onnn,,Look at everything we are told. How much eventually is shown to have been lies? And, please note,,the louder and more shrill the voices, the higher the odds it's bullshirt.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 11/12/15 at 16:20:32

Gee Jog.....

Does this line sound familiar ( think of a loud shrieking voice as you read it )

" HE PLAYED ON OUR FEARS........."

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 11/12/15 at 20:43:12

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2013/11/03/blood-and-gore-making-a-kill...

Big oil doesn't care, isn't threatened, it's coal being targeted. Gettin gamed, and standing in line to screw ourselves by jumping on the bandwagon. Everyone is gonna get hurt by this game. Well, except for the asshats who designed the game.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 11/13/15 at 07:38:18

I can't see but how this will usher in LENR in a big way.
Big energy may put up a fight but with this hanging over their heads...
coal fired energy can't help but say"me 1st"

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 11/13/15 at 09:06:24

I hope someone smart and well monied gets behind the LENR idea. IF it IS truly a workable technology, and it's as good as the recent reports have made it look, then we Really need to, Ohh, dare I?
Go Full Steam Ahead!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 11/13/15 at 09:30:17

Hmmmm?,...
Should I put a heat generator in my home, powered by some sub-atomic reaction that no one really understands?... one with wildly varied claims of output?... and occasionally known to self destruct?....

Sure,... why not...
What could go wrong?...

Here,... hold my beer... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 11/13/15 at 10:06:28

Not even CLOSE to what I said, but, I understand. I know you must be feeling a bit frustrated, seeing such impossible to defeat points made on so many things, and it's just gotta be maddening.
So, take it out of context, pretend that I didn't include every disclaimer, pretend that I suggested
Run buy one.
Instead of
I hope someone fully develops this
In response to the idea that power generation capacity has been diminished by the castration of the coal industry.
How nice would it be to overhaul the power plant and replace the coal burning part with LENR?
I'm sorry, I forgot, it's crucial to carry Everyone through every step of the entire thought process.
I'm about to start a thread, giving all the lefties a clean sheet of paper to lay it all out on.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #10 - 11/13/15 at 10:16:40

Serowbot wrote on 11/13/15 at 09:30:17:
Hmmmm?,...
Should I put a heat generator in my home, powered by some sub-atomic reaction that no one really understands?... one with wildly varied claims of output?... and occasionally known to self destruct?....

By the time that you will be able to toast your tootsies by the light of LENR, units will be in use in china for several years, UL and CE labs will force them to redesign the 1500 watt heater into a unit that requires a fork lift to install.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 23:55:16

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › hide the decline

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.