Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Where does the energy come from? (Read 278 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Where does the energy come from?
Reply #15 - 10/27/15 at 23:57:20

Now, I start to blow your mind a little bit.   Please feel free to say "that's impossible, gotta be a fake" -- humans have done that in the face of new stuff since the Renaissance and earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGq2WSnE7j0

You think this is a fake?   Of course you do -- you are a normal human being.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jS22WUpuYw  

This guy has background and has the tech hooked up to discuss your doubts .....

Steorn (the Orbo guy from Ireland) and others are trying to commercialize this stuff because supermagnets (oriented projected weak nuclear forces) are able to run a self-powered generator system.   Put better bearings on it and put it in a vacuum chamber to kill the air resistance and you might have a system that could charge your cell phone.

That is where this stuff sits right now -- able to charge a cell phone.

Closer to reality is this one ...... it is in commercial roll out right now with some large American companies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shkFDPI6kGE

« Last Edit: 10/29/15 at 08:08:15 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 10/28/15 at 00:04:50

I really like that stuff.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #17 - 10/28/15 at 22:23:29

The last one actually requires natural gas to be pumped through the cells, it isn't a magnet.

I do like the idea of using magnets... I tried the bicycle wheel with just magnets alone back in 2002, but could not keep it running and gave up on it..
No it wasn't precise and I didn't use physics or calculus, and that was part of the problem... besides, I did not have much time each evening to mess with it Smiley
I was also at the time studying hydraulics to use a few water tanks and small water wheels to charge a battery much like the bedini wheel did with magnets. (larger tank above draining thru small drain holes [jetted] under which water paddle wheels are placed, spinning the generators to charge the battery, to run small pumps to replace the water back in the large tank, and hopefully have a small excess of power)
But I never got it off paper and into production......ahhhh life, it just gets in the way don't it?  Sad

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #18 - 10/28/15 at 22:35:56

I also thought the idea of an internal generator with a radiometer (a large one) could produce some energy, if it could over come the magnets forces on the generator. (I thought it was amazing at 7 years old, almost like magic!
It would have to be a small one (generator), but it could produce at least some energy, even though small. And of course it would have to be powered by the sun, so a solar panel would probably be more efficient, or would it?
I don't think anyone has ever scaled one up... I've never seen or heard of it tried, maybe because the math don't work on it.... who knows?

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #19 - 10/29/15 at 04:43:33

No, the last one, the Bloom Box is a big fuel cell that runs ANY form of gaseous fuel and supposedly does it very efficiently.

However, it is run your household or run your business level of power -- big power.

It is real, right now, and like the E-Cat it is intended for industrial uses first.   Power companies are buying some now with the intent of doing some regional generation instead of buying new big plants.

Defense installations are buying them to keep from being grid dependent in case of a power grid attack.    I guess they didn't stop to think that all that natural gas is pumped around by electric motors, huh?

=========================

If you look at the Bedini bike wheel, it uses electronic switching tech to allow the wheel to move along (to get it to roll smoothly past all magnetic hang points) and then it uses the collapsing field effect of the magnets going past the generation coil to make the over unity power.   It is an over unity device though -- well proven tech.    The energy used by the switching electronics is less than the power generated by the magnets moving past the generation coil -- barely.   The excess could charge your cell phone.

Once again, not a lot of power available from magnetics -- charge your cell phone type power is about it.    By the way, the Orbo by Steorn is now commercially available if you want to pay $1,300 for an endless cell phone charging station.

A Bedini based device big enough to actually do something significant would be tremendous in size -- impractical.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #20 - 10/29/15 at 05:01:03

Yeah, they are making some bigger Bedini generators, but are running in to issues with reliable electronics and large batteries, etc.    However you got 5-6 different teams chasing the idea now, trying to upsize it.    

From the wire size being used, I'd say you got some welding type currents being generated by a big arsed Bedini.

expansion ideas once they get the bugs worked out

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #21 - 10/31/15 at 04:59:32

Yep, its the Orbo.

It is a form of polarized gel "battery" that will last supposedly for 800 years, give or take a century or two.

It is a $1,300 toy right now, one that has drawn a wee bit of Apple's interest as it could power a phone or an iPad if it can be shrunk small enough to go inside the unit.

Part of that plan is the upcoming non-silicon 7nm Apple chipsets which will require VERY SMALL voltages and very low power.  

..... hey, that's great for the chipset, but what about the screen?

...... I'd give this one 4 years to mebbe jell

(forgive me Orbo people, I jest couldn't resist the jell reference)

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #22 - 11/05/15 at 07:16:18

https://youtu.be/1dXIiqyGa5M

If you have 5 minutes and are liking tracking these relatively world-changing tech changes that are 3-5 years out from now .... take a lookie see.

The base idea isn't new -- Victorian England actually built one based on an upscaled message tube system.  

This one carries its own engine and operates in a partial vacuum inside the tube just to cut down on parasitic air resistance energy waste.

Using tunnel boring machines, you could cut what you need out of living bedrock (say under the ocean) and not have to spend the money to make a tube above ground.

Cheesy

I am reminded of a Mythbuster episode where they used a evacuated 20 foot long tube to push a ping pong ball up past the sound barrier with a blast of nitrogen gas ........ they later shortened the tube to 10 feet and got the same result.    Apparently the ping pong ball went past mach 1 in the first 2-3 feet of tube (a partial vacuum means the high speeds are really really possible).

« Last Edit: 11/05/15 at 19:56:08 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #23 - 11/05/15 at 07:32:17

All I know,.. is I stuck a magnet on my Savage toolbox, and gained 30hp...

I can now go up to 135mph in 12 seconds...

Honest injun'...  Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #24 - 11/05/15 at 07:51:10

No, Sero, you are supposed to put the supermagnet on your oil filter ......

And the hot cam and the "use twice as much gas as before" has nothing to do with it, of course.

Smiley

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #25 - 11/05/15 at 09:41:58

http://www.e-catworld.com/2015/11/03/new-nasa-emdrive-testing-finds-anomalous...

New NASA EMDrive Testing Finds ‘Anomalous Thrust Signals’
Posted on November 3, 2015 by Frank Acland • 23 Comments

"There’s been a new post by NASA engineer Paul March who has been continuing to do testing on a replication of the EMDrive, an invention of British engineer Roger Shawyer which is claimed to produce reactionless thrust — which is considered by conventional physics to be impossible since it would go against Newton’s Third Law which states that every action must have an equal and opposite reaction.

In a post on NASA’s spaceflight forum, March reports that his lastest round of testing has been on a second generation replication in which he has tried to reduce the signals from stray magnetic fields which could contaminate the testing results. He says that there are still some unwanted signals from thermal expansion.

He writes:

Not being satisfied with just this analytical impulsive vs thermal signal separation approach, we are now working on a new integrated test article subsystem mounting arrangement with a new phase-change thermal management subsystem that should mitigate this thermally induced TP cg baseline shift problem once and for-all.

And yet the anomalous thrust signals remain…

The full post can be read here: http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=38577.msg1440938#msg1440938

So the mystery remains.  Reactionless thrust, if verified, would be a revolutionary discovery which could affect all aspects of transportation, particularly in space, since it would allow for propulsion without the need for on-board rocket fuel."

Even at the very low thrust put out by this physically existing simple engine, if it were powered by the exact same puny nuclear power pack that is in EVERY ICBM rocket's control panel it would mean trips to Mars in like 70 days.

It takes VERY LITTLE POWER, in other words.   And even if it cannot be up-scaled at all, it is enough to get the job done even as it is today.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #26 - 11/05/15 at 19:44:47

Now, for something else that you weren't expecting to see .......  

The big one is an Dubai Emerates AirBus running at low cruising altitude and speed.    

Five years ago the little ones would have been called UFOs and the pics would have gotten classified, ASAP.

https://youtu.be/_VPvKl6ezyc

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 08:25:24

General CategoryThe Cafe › Where does the energy come from?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.