WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: The Informaton Enigma
Reply #31 - 10/26/15 at 12:50:36

pg wrote on 10/26/15 at 10:18:45:
Quote:
If you really want to know the answer to that, I can tell you, but it won't sit well with you. It doesn't sit well with me either.

Let's hear it....

Best regards,

Okay, here’s is my take on the historical Christianity explanation for why the world is in the shape it’s in and why it seems God does not interfere.

God created “creation” which included the Earth and mankind. This creation was perfection. From a scientific point of view, you could say the 3 laws of thermodynamics did not exist. There was no entropy, there was no decay. The creation did not age as age is a factor of entropy and decay. That included mankind.  

One way to see this is to look at the end of Chapter 2 of Genesis and the beginning of Chapter 3 and ask how much time passed. It could have been millions or billions of years. If Christians point to an eternal paradise without end, that is what the original intention behind creation was so why couldn’t eons have passed between the end of chapter 2 and beginning of chapter 3?

Anyway, at some point previous to all this, there was a rebellion in heaven of created beings during which God banished the angel Lucifer. Perhaps Lucifer took others with him. Or perhaps he created other beings. Lucifer then took the opportunity to attack one of God’s favorite creations, mankind.

What is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them? You have made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor. You made them rulers over the works of your hands; you put everything under their feet:

After he was successful and corrupted mankind, God put in place a plan of redemption for mankind. This corruption not only affection human beings, but creation as well.

From Book of Romans: For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

It’s always been interesting to me that these verses written a couple thousand years ago describe what we call today the 2nd law of thermodynamics. Everything decays, noting is permanent. The phrase “bondage to decay” is a great description that you cannot alter the natural state of decay.

Anyway, mankind would need a sacrifice in order to be able to present themselves blameless before God again. Without this sacrifice, man is unable to stand in the presence of God. Now to us, this seems strange. Seems like there are a million other ways to accomplish this, but the sacrificial method is what was chosen.

You can view the Bible as 3 parts, the first part is the story of creation which is the first few chapters of Genesis, the third part is the end of human history as detailed in Revelation, but everything in between, the second part, is the plan of redemption.

So the plan of redemption is what is underway today. The perfect creation was corrupted and the condition of the world today is mankind’s fault, not God’s. Events unfold as random order dictates with exceptions when God decides to step in.

I am not one of these ‘God directs my every move’ believers. I know many who are, but that makes no sense to me and all this has to make sense to me. If it didn’t, I’m playing golf every Sunday morning and lowering my handicap further.

The difficult part is asking why doesn’t God intervene when we see unfairness and why not just stop this nonsense right now. What is he waiting for? If Revelation is coming, start it now. Why have humans born only to live horrible lives and suffer death. i.e. Holocaust victims for example.

Here’s is where my conjecture comes into play as I can’t really point to anything. I tend to believe that when creation began, everything that ever was going to be was created and this includes the human soul. My belief is that the delay is because not every soul has been paired with a body. When that happens, the beginning of the end will begin.
Until then, the idea that God doesn’t intervene isn’t true. He does, but granted, it seems rare and without fairness.  

But things do swirl on around is that we cannot see. Think of it as a 4th dimension. There’s a fascinating exchange in the Book of Daniel:
Then he continued, “Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them. But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia. Now I have come to explain to you what will happen to your people in the future, for the vision concerns a time yet to come.”

If you think about the ramifications of this, it’s amazing. Here was an angel, assigned to take a message to Daniel in answer to his prayers, but he was late due to a battle. In fact, the battle was so difficult, he needed help from another angel.

So while it may seem to us that delays are without rhyme or reason, it very well could be God is busy and we’re on our own.

That’s enough of my theories for now. I expect the bombardment to commence!....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #32 - 10/26/15 at 14:18:01

Well thought out... as good a theory as any, for a religious minded person...

I really like the bible as myth...
It just doesn't convince me to believe...
I know it requires "faith"... but, maybe I was born without any...
Missing the God gene...
If so,... it must be God's fault for leaving it out...

I will accept the moral lessons of all religions,... all written by men, not gods...but keep the allegory as myth...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #33 - 10/26/15 at 16:38:29

Quote:
The difficult part is asking why doesn’t God intervene when we see unfairness and why not just stop this nonsense right now. What is he waiting for? If Revelation is coming, start it now. Why have humans born only to live horrible lives and suffer death. i.e. Holocaust victims for example.

Interesting, and well thought response.

We had a family friend who was a priest during WW2 in the European theater.  A true man of the clothe, so to speak.  After D-Day, he said he saw so many atrocities and quit the church when he returned to the states.  He said God would not let that happen.  

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #34 - 10/26/15 at 18:46:41

Sin and evil exist in this world presently, and yes Jesus will deal with it.

To try and understand the Bible without the benefit of the Holy Spirit, well, you never will will, its that simple.

This world is only temporary, as real as it seems  Huh

Hey..... you know whats funny, those who cry about a "myth".....

You know, "separation of myth and state"  Grin

What's next, we can't have Halloween  Cheesy

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #35 - 10/28/15 at 17:46:42

Their are a number of, ‘Gods’, depending on your religion.

The word, Deity,  describes, ‘A God’,
(whatever the name of such a God in your religion).

So, does it not come down to, ‘US’,
How WE, deal with everyday things?

Whatever your, ‘Deity’,  is named, (If you believe in, him/her).
It STILL, comes down to US.

Let’s say you Judge a Dog Trial.
It does NOT matter, if you do something you should, or should not do.
You KNOW, the, ‘rules’, (of that, ’trial’), BEFORE, you enter.
(In Life, you are, Taught’, the, ‘rules’).

You do something, which is, NOT the, Rule, your, OUT
You DO things which are allowed by that, Rule, your IN.

It is That Simple.

The, ‘Judge’ does NOT say, (or prevent), you from doing something,
What you do, is what YOU, do, and you will be Judged accordingly !

Look at a, ‘Missionary’. Their were and are, MANY, in MANY different religions.
They all, ’SELL’, their own brand of, religion.

They ALL say: “You will go to Hell if you do not believe, MY, religion”.

How many, ‘religions’, (or non believers), say:
  We will KILL YOU, if you do not believe the way we believe” ?

No one, NO ONE, can live a perfect life.
Yet, we ALL, must strive for  a Goal, which we KNOW we cannot achieve.
(Even though you, 'believe', in not, 'believing'.)

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #36 - 10/28/15 at 18:16:29

raydawg wrote on 10/26/15 at 18:46:41:
Hey..... you know whats funny, those who cry about a "myth".....

You know, "separation of myth and state"  Grin

What's next, we can't have Halloween  Cheesy

Halloween is a pagan celebration...
Actually,... all the Christian holidays, are pagan...
Christianity is just paganism cloaked in a Jewish anti-hero mythology...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #37 - 10/28/15 at 21:36:27

WebsterMark wrote on 10/26/15 at 12:50:36:
pg wrote on 10/26/15 at 10:18:45:
Quote:
If you really want to know the answer to that, I can tell you, but it won't sit well with you. It doesn't sit well with me either.

Let's hear it....

Best regards,

Okay, here’s is my take on the historical Christianity explanation for why the world is in the shape it’s in and why it seems God does not interfere.

God created “creation” which included the Earth and mankind. This creation was perfection. From a scientific point of view, you could say the 3 laws of thermodynamics did not exist. There was no entropy, there was no decay. The creation did not age as age is a factor of entropy and decay. That included mankind.  

One way to see this is to look at the end of Chapter 2 of Genesis and the beginning of Chapter 3 and ask how much time passed. It could have been millions or billions of years. If Christians point to an eternal paradise without end, that is what the original intention behind creation was so why couldn’t eons have passed between the end of chapter 2 and beginning of chapter 3?

Anyway, at some point previous to all this, there was a rebellion in heaven of created beings during which God banished the angel Lucifer. Perhaps Lucifer took others with him. Or perhaps he created other beings. Lucifer then took the opportunity to attack one of God’s favorite creations, mankind.

What is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them? You have made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor. You made them rulers over the works of your hands; you put everything under their feet:

After he was successful and corrupted mankind, God put in place a plan of redemption for mankind. This corruption not only affection human beings, but creation as well.

From Book of Romans: For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

It’s always been interesting to me that these verses written a couple thousand years ago describe what we call today the 2nd law of thermodynamics. Everything decays, noting is permanent. The phrase “bondage to decay” is a great description that you cannot alter the natural state of decay.

Anyway, mankind would need a sacrifice in order to be able to present themselves blameless before God again. Without this sacrifice, man is unable to stand in the presence of God. Now to us, this seems strange. Seems like there are a million other ways to accomplish this, but the sacrificial method is what was chosen.

You can view the Bible as 3 parts, the first part is the story of creation which is the first few chapters of Genesis, the third part is the end of human history as detailed in Revelation, but everything in between, the second part, is the plan of redemption.

So the plan of redemption is what is underway today. The perfect creation was corrupted and the condition of the world today is mankind’s fault, not God’s. Events unfold as random order dictates with exceptions when God decides to step in.

I am not one of these ‘God directs my every move’ believers. I know many who are, but that makes no sense to me and all this has to make sense to me. If it didn’t, I’m playing golf every Sunday morning and lowering my handicap further.

Here’s is where my conjecture comes into play as I can’t really point to anything. I tend to believe that when creation began, everything that ever was going to be was created and this includes the human soul. My belief is that the delay is because not every soul has been paired with a body. When that happens, the beginning of the end will begin.
Until then, the idea that God doesn’t intervene isn’t true. He does, but granted, it seems rare and without fairness.  

But things do swirl on around is that we cannot see. Think of it as a 4th dimension. There’s a fascinating exchange in the Book of Daniel:
Then he continued, “Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them. But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia. Now I have come to explain to you what will happen to your people in the future, for the vision concerns a time yet to come.”

If you think about the ramifications of this, it’s amazing. Here was an angel, assigned to take a message to Daniel in answer to his prayers, but he was late due to a battle. In fact, the battle was so difficult, he needed help from another angel.

So while it may seem to us that delays are without rhyme or reason, it very well could be God is busy and we’re on our own.

That’s enough of my theories for now. I expect the bombardment to commence!....

Okay,I'm confused. This Looks like Webster Mark wrote this. Is that correct, and, before anyone answers, it's maybe the most concise effort I've seen to get so close to nailing it.
Also, as the Bible tells the story of mankind and deliverance as it applies to the timeline of history and the eventual end of time for man on Earth, it also speaks of Seasons, and we have Seasons of our own lives, and the same breakdown of the story applies to each believers life, I believe, because I'm getting old, and looking back, and seeing things very differently now than I saw them then.
And,yes, Satan had mounted an insurrection against God, wOod cast Satan and a third of the angels out. I'm hoping that is the correct answer.
God says there would be nonbelievers. I'm not even gonna try to change anyone's mind.
As to evolution.
According to the theory, things changed in order to adapt to environments. Or, to be more sexually attractive and be more likely to attract a mate.
I fail to see how shedding the fur of an animal and becoming effectively naked, thereby Creating the need for clothing, which wasn't readily available at Wal-Mart, and created yet another burden, beyond just surviving in a world without a nice warm home and a bed. We stand in stark contrast to all of creation. And, had no one ever said God, I would believe, because I have seen, and I dont necessarily mean with eyeballs, events, understanding, feelings,    , ,just, things in life that can't be explained by any other means.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #38 - 10/29/15 at 10:48:09

Well not, you showed the consistency of the atheist in their right not to believe and cast Halloween and Christmas to the same lot, yet, Halloween is not a what, threat pagan-wise to those who demand no public display of ones faith....
Talk about twisted logic, goodness

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #39 - 10/30/15 at 06:32:53

Nothing demands no

Religion

Watching someone celebrate a holiday , Halloween,,after doing it forever is no big deal . And the lost I made reference to, if perfect, would remove need for further discussion, nobody gets it perfect. Anyone who digs for the imperfections in order to justify ignoring the rest, well, let them.
Everyone knows compromises have been made. Political reasons, expediency, mankind sux, a million reasons.

That's still the best post I've seen in a long time.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #40 - 12/04/15 at 15:43:40

Watched the video-- some good stuff. I used to be into biology and philosophy while I was in college. Not lately though. I am familiar with at least some of the ideas. I gather that past a certain degree of improbability, mathematically speaking, you may as well say that something is just not going to happen. Is anyone familiar with this idea?

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #41 - 12/04/15 at 19:37:35

Mark, I don't think Satan was able to create anyone or anything, only steal,kill and destroy.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 19:59:51

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › The Informaton Enigma

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.