Oh Canada (Read 19 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Oh Canada
10/21/15 at 06:17:57

from the new Canadian "leader".

There are a thousand stories I could share with you about this remarkable campaign, but I want you to think of one in particular. Last week I was in St. Catharines, and I met a young Muslim mum wearing a hijab. She handed me her infant daughter and said something I will never forget. She said she's voting for us because she wants to make sure her little girl can make her own choices in life and that the government will protect those rights.

To her, I say this: You and your fellow citizens have chosen a new government that believes deeply in the diversity of our country. We know in our bones that Canada was built from people from all corners of the world, belonging to every faith, every culture, speaking every language. We believe in our hearts that this country's unique diversity is a blessing bestowed upon us by previous generations of Canadians who stared down prejudice and fought discrimination in all forms.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Oh Canada
Reply #1 - 10/21/15 at 08:17:56

The key word here is "fought" meaning active aggression against ones own beliefs.
If people can't grasp the implications of hypocracy, then what he boast is no closer to reality, in attaining such a nirvana.... Than any previous day he put his pants on.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 01:27:15

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Oh Canada

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.