Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Extended reasoning I guess.....??? (Read 43 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Extended reasoning I guess.....???
10/20/15 at 13:07:14

Just read a story heralding the expected success of gun control and bullet purchase recording....
How they believe it will save lives.

They went to propose the same restrictions be extended to tobacco products too.
They cited statistics that more people die from tobacco prematurely than gun violence.
They also included studies of the cost and strain it puts on our healthcare system, drawing funding away from other deseases that are not life style choice caused....
You will have to sign your name, like you do for drugs at a pharmacy when you buy certain overthecountet meds, etc, with each purchase. It would also restrict those who receive welfare assistance from buying, or those who have been told to quit by a doctor because of health reasons....

Gee, I like it, we will all be better off, I hate secondhand smoke, cigarette butts that litter everywhere, and it will more likely than not deter the younger kids from getting cigarettes illegally

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Re: Extended reasoning I guess.....???
Reply #1 - 10/20/15 at 17:17:08

Looks like I'm in trouble if they extend it to alcohol Grin Wink Grin. Bullets, don't see how it will ever happen, too many sources for them along with reloading ammo.
Tobacco is already on the s**t list, getting tired of being told what is bad for me even though I quite 30 years ago. Doesn't matter, gotta die of something one day, we all do.

« Last Edit: 10/20/15 at 18:31:37 by Ed L. »  

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 10/20/15 at 18:35:46

While its true alcohol can, and is, a problem for many, often leading to death of the drinker and when you factor in driving under the influence, it prolly kills more than guns, way more....
However, if used in moderation and responsibly, it can have medicinal benefits to many as well.

Gee, I guess you could say booze and guns do share a common trait on society, eh  Shocked    

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #3 - 10/20/15 at 19:18:57

raydawg wrote on 10/20/15 at 13:07:14:
" .. How they believe ..."  " ..." ... They went to propose ..."  " ... They cited statistics ..." " ... They also included studies ..."  

Exactly who is,  'THEY'.   ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 10/20/15 at 21:24:07

They
Are the ones who have dragged America down.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 10/21/15 at 04:46:11

Oh, sorry....I saw this in a union magazine at work, it was by ( I think ) the world commission to sustainable governing.
It also told of an idea, recommendation Michele Obama spoke to them about. It had to do with food and obesity.
She was putting out the idea we need some sort of "carbon offset" tax levied against sugar products and other bad food that cause health problems, etc.
Her and other child psychologist say sugar is the number one cause for children's ADD and other behavior abnormalities.
Makes sense yes....

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #6 - 10/21/15 at 18:38:33

raydawg wrote on 10/21/15 at 04:46:11:
"...I saw this in a union magazine ... "  " ...  recommendation Michele Obama ... "  

OK, Got it.
Now I know the, 'value',  of those comments ! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 00:07:31

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Extended reasoning I guess.....???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.