Got wood? (Read 100 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Got wood?
10/20/15 at 06:34:58

Ran across this while reading the news this morning... thought i'd throw it out there.... I kinda like the looks of it, might be a fun little ride.

http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/someone-finally-put-wood-grain-on-a-motorcyc...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Re: Got wood?
Reply #1 - 10/20/15 at 06:51:06

Writer claiming Yamaha to be the "1st" to do this? Needs to do more research:

BMW R69S with wood seat and inlays:

BMW-R69S-Thompson-by-ER-Motorcycles-4.jpg

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 10/20/15 at 07:25:19

I think they are talking about as a stock option rather than a custom application.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 10/20/15 at 10:49:41

http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/driver-who-swerved-and-hit-a-motorcycle-char...

At the bottom of the story,, I guess this guy just takes it on himself to punish scofflaws. I have passed in no passing zones. Someone slow, I can see, and I'm gone.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 10/20/15 at 10:55:35

I hate the looks of the side rails on our 650's, and removed, there is just too much side fender for me. I'm making a set out of dark mahogany and will use chrome recessed bolts to fasten them.  I'm having my grab bar chromed. My buddy, a much better wood worker than I am, is going to make the speedo plastic cover on our tank out of the same mahogany, and a small strip to go down the center of the tank to the seat. My bike is black so I think it will look good. Or at least different.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #5 - 10/21/15 at 09:32:08

stinger wrote on 10/20/15 at 10:55:35:
I hate the looks of the side rails on our 650's, and removed, there is just too much side fender for me. I'm making a set out of dark mahogany and will use chrome recessed bolts to fasten them.  I'm having my grab bar chromed. My buddy, a much better wood worker than I am, is going to make the speedo plastic cover on our tank out of the same mahogany, and a small strip to go down the center of the tank to the seat. My bike is black so I think it will look good. Or at least different.

Keep me updated please! I love the smell of worked wood and the natural beauty of the finished product.
Now you got me thinking, as I don't have rails anymore. Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #6 - 10/21/15 at 10:08:43

I never ene noticed that oldrider, how'd you do away with them? shotrer bolts and a wire tuck?

IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #7 - 10/21/15 at 19:18:38

stinger wrote on 10/20/15 at 10:55:35:

stinger, you gotta post images ASAP

IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #8 - 10/21/15 at 19:26:28

sarah-lahalih-s-steampunk-leather-and-wood-triumph-scrambler-photo-gallery_2.jpg

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #9 - 10/21/15 at 22:38:45

Art Webb wrote on 10/21/15 at 10:08:43:
I never ene noticed that oldrider, how'd you do away with them? shotrer bolts and a wire tuck?

Just pulled the rear seat, rails and lights off... re-wired and a plate bracket, with led blinkers... I think I have a video of it with the tourpack added... the Suzuki bags are kinda in the way, but you can see the rails are gone.

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #10 - 10/22/15 at 19:55:48

I forgit about the hy-uge tour pack on the back, I'll just have a look next time I see her in person lol

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 06:24:51

General CategoryThe Cafe › Got wood?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.