2nd amendment... (Read 108 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: 2nd amendment...
Reply #15 - 10/17/15 at 09:05:40

To me, I am thinking the founding fathers wrote the constitution and other supporting documents as a foundation to our way of governance.
As with any "foundation", all that is built upon it in later years, will have to be able to "support" the new addition(s).

How could any man expect his "ideas" to address ALL of the future needs, as a democracy is not static, but ever growing, as people from all over, culture, race, beliefs, etc, meld into one great society.....

On its face, it would be no different than any dictatorial government that has governed on the idea THEY believed they themselves, knew what was best for all.

Nah, I'll say as great and novel these dictates are, they are not written in stone. Amending and creation of new ones can lead to a more uniform understanding, with real distribution of power and opportunity to pursue ones "happiness"  Wink    

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: 2nd amendment...
Reply #16 - 10/17/15 at 21:48:10

Well,they weren't ignorant of history and had JUST fought for freedom AND designed the C so as to Not centralize power in any branch
And warned of tyranny
And included ,not just WrIght, but OBLIGATION to throw off any government shouldn't it become tyrannical. And somehow they DIDN'T believe that the People should be armed? We're they crazy?
I don't see how it's possible to believe they would write conflicting things.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/05/24 at 23:54:57

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › 2nd amendment...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.