Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hard Up Customs Choppers Wormburner (Read 43 times)
ciath
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Hard Up Customs Choppers Wormburner
10/15/15 at 03:40:48

Hi All,

I'd like to take a moment to warn you about a company in the United Kingdom which I recently had dealings with. The owner of which is Graham Butler, he operates under numerous names ie. Hard Up Customs, Hard Up Choppers, HUC and finally Sussex Speed Shop. Anyway all of his companies specialize in customizing motorcycles. I done a bit of research on the company and everything seemed to check out.

The main product he supplies are bike frame. He does one particular frame called The Wormburner which is a hardtail chopper frame which will accept all running gear from a Oil Burner GSXR or a Suzuki Bandit (once again on of the older oil cooled models). This really appealed to me as I thought wow I can manage to build a bike myself (mostly assembly with little fabricating, I'm not very good at welding) and this bike can have the looks of a chopper but the power of a sports bike, wohoo.

So I went ahead and sent him a few emails to determine the difficulty of the build and what parts I would need to source or get someone to fabricate. After a few emails back and forth he asked me to give him a call to discuss further.  I left it a few days and gave him a call when I had some free time. I placed the order with him for the frame and he said he would throw in a couple of extra fabrication work (mounts for brakes and seat etc) to give me a head start. I was delighted so I paid him a £400 deposit and then a week later the balance of £300.

At the time I paid out about €1007. Weeks went by and no frame. I contacted him numerous times to no avail. I called the phone but no answer. I sent emails and no response. After a few days I started getting email responses. Mostly Excuses about the courier messing up or failure of one of his staff to pack it up. So I let it go as he promised that soon I would have it. Again this went by for some time and eventually the phone line was disconnected and a post was put on there facebook page saying they have moved shop and sorry for delays that is has been manic and all contact is now via email only. I contacted the owner via his private Facebook page as a last resort. Again he gave me excuses which I felt sympathetic for and waited.

I had made the final payment on the 20th of August and on the 12th of October I finally got in touch with my bank to let them know I think I have been scammed. They are now working on getting the money back for me. I sent the owner one final message yesterday and he told me that "I don't understand how things have been for him the past few weeks and offered me a refund". I said ok, that would be much appreciated ASAP but unfortunately he said he will only refund me the £700 value and not the total I paid out which was €1007. As the exchange rate has dropped and is continuing to drop I am losing out on more and more money wait for this refund.

Anyway Rant over haha, I don't mean to go on and on and I am not looking for sympathy here. I just want this review to be here for anyone in future that considers dealing with this business. If this was here before I ordered I would have never dealt with him.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:19:09

General CategoryThe Cafe › Hard Up Customs Choppers Wormburner

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.