Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Down a Slippery Slope: what Muslims think of ISIS (Read 588 times)
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Re: Down a Slippery Slope: what Muslims think of I
Reply #90 - 10/28/15 at 08:25:24

What was all that about?  Roll Eyes

(Who insulted whose mother, btw?)

PS. I've certainly never complained about anything, ever, to a moderator, for your information.....  please give me details if you think otherwise.

I hope you enjoy this film as much as I did:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0831275/

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #91 - 10/28/15 at 09:40:44

I've had no complaints,... seen no "Yo Mamma" insults either...

Please point out what you are referring to.

Serow

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #92 - 10/28/15 at 10:35:45

The world is better off being dominated by none, would be my answer

I'm guessing you are just jesting. That could never, ever happen. Someone will always fill the leadership void. 

Why didn't you answer my question, after your ridiculous statement about Nordic countries?
I don't know for sure, but Wiki says about Norway:

"About 74.3% of Norwegians were members of the Church of Norway on 1 January 2015. In 2014, about 59.3% of all newborns were baptised and about 62.9% of all 15-year-old persons were confirmed in the church."

Similar story in Sweden

My companies home office is in Sweden, I've been there. It's liberal and atheist.

As for the 'bombing' bit, even if the list only has a dozen of invaded countries, compare that to the times the US and UK have been invaded...
How surprised can you be that what you consider to be the 'aggressor' often are people who have had enough then join together and punch the bully?

The US (or UK for that matter) hasn't invaded anyone for 100+ years. Invade means to take over. We're not taking over anybody.

As for how the world view us, so what? Those same crybabies will come running with their hat in hand when they need help. It's lonely at the top....

Maybe we should just pull out and let the chips fall where they may. Next time there's a big natural disaster, we'll just turn our backs. Maybe we'll just let ISIS take over Europe.  But of course we won't, good guys finish last. We all know that.

As for the "Yo Momma" insults, I'm staying out of that. I generally don't engage Hovis much. Gee, another liberal European acting like a spoiled American teenage talking back to his parents while living in a big house and wearing the latest $100 tennis shoe his capitalistic father bought him.

Not sure why MnSpring waded into that deep water....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #93 - 10/28/15 at 10:43:19

WebsterMark wrote on 10/28/15 at 10:35:45:
As for the "Yo Momma" insults, I'm staying out of that. I generally don't engage Hovis much. Gee, another liberal European acting like a spoiled American teenage talking back to his parents while living in a big house and wearing the latest $100 tennis shoe his capitalistic father bought him.

I think you just did...  Grin Grin Grin...
Past months have shown you to be better than that....

Everybody, play nice... Cool....

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #94 - 10/28/15 at 10:54:30

Don't mix up the word 'invade', with words like 'conquer', for example.

'Invade' does not mean to 'take over'.
Check Webster's dictionary  Grin

Are you really saying that the USA hasn't invaded a foreign country in 100+ years?  Grin Grin Grin Priceless!

The Nordic countries are indeed considered liberal.
You've been inside an office in Sweden, good for you, but did you go to Stockholm's cathedral?

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #95 - 10/28/15 at 11:16:52

Serowbot wrote on 10/28/15 at 10:43:19:
WebsterMark wrote on 10/28/15 at 10:35:45:

I think you just did...  Grin Grin Grin...
Past months have shown you to be better than that....

Everybody, play nice... Cool....

What'd I do?

If that little comment is out of bounds, then you're gonna have to shoot Mpesc. ( metaphorically of course. I don't want to get in trouble ...... again)

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #96 - 10/28/15 at 15:41:43

Let’s see:
“ … seen no “Yo Mamma” insults …”

So it is Only a, Insult, if the words:
“Yo Mamma” are used ?

But flying a certain flag,
IS, an Insult?

Serowbot,  sent you a PM

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #97 - 10/28/15 at 17:35:57

The political cartoon on Rense right now is the epitome of
A picture is worth a thousand words.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #98 - 10/28/15 at 17:58:59

MnSpring wrote on 10/28/15 at 15:41:43:
Let’s see:
“ … seen no “Yo Mamma” insults …”

So it is Only a, Insult, if the words:
“Yo Mamma” are used ?

"Yo Mamma" was just a bad joke on my part...

I will be more vigilant from now on... '
Comments can be rude and crude,.. but do not direct them personally to other members...

We want all our members to stick around...
Peace,
Serow Smiley...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #99 - 10/28/15 at 19:55:05

Pointed, harsh, contrary, is rude,maybe, and that's just a maybe,  but name calling, like
You're an idiot, doesn't make a point toward directing the other person toward understanding ones point of view. Being pointed and relentless may be rude, but it's not a personal attack,like calling someone an idiot, even if it is directed to a specific person.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #100 - 10/29/15 at 01:06:28

Dane Allen wrote on 10/21/15 at 14:26:28:
mpescatori wrote on 10/21/15 at 04:53:51:
Paraquat wrote on 10/16/15 at 09:23:57:
Immigration without assimilation is an invasion.

--Steve

I'll write that down and give it to a sculptor to make a marble plaque.

Then I'll send it to the Israeli Ambassador here in Rome.

You know Israel has been in existence for 4,000 plus years and there is no real country called Palestine, Palestine was a take off of the word Philistine and was meant as an insult to the Jews. Jordan and a few other countries surrounding the current Israel have "absorbed" land from Israel.

My dear friend, either you understand squat about ancient history,or your Sunday School mentor has brainwashed into becoming a jewish Christian.

First things first, No-one from the Book of genesis is an "Israeli"; Israel being the nickname of Jacob, and "Israeli" meaning "blood descendant".
So, scientifically speaking, the documented line of Israel ends with Manasseh and Ephraim, the two Egyptian children born of Joseph, son of jacob.
That means three generations: Jacob, Joseph (and his brothers) and Manasseh + Ephraim.

When Moses asks "Pharaoh" (most probably bthe Governor of Goshen) to "free my people", he means "the sons of those who immigrated with Jacob" but the number of generations is unknown.

When the "People of Israel" reachthe "Promised land", it is none other than those territories which were inhabited by Jacob (who emigrated to Egypt) and Esau (who stayed and roughed it and survived)
The result is the most ancient chronicle of war, invasion, mass murders and ethnic cleansing documented in human history.
It didn't last long, because "Israel" was consantly at war and walking about with a perennial chip on its shoulder.
If you read the Books of Judges you'll see that most of the time "Israel" was a local principality vassal to the Philistine Kingdom.
David killed Goliath (archaeology says he didn't but that's another story) and for four generations Israel was sovereign:
Saul, David (usurper) Solomon (not the first born, nor from the Queen) Roboham, after whose death the Kingdom split and goodbye Israel.

That there was an cultural identity, nobody denies that, but to say "Israel existed to 4000 years" is as false as saying the moon is made of green cheese.
"Israel" (actually, Kingdom of Judah) was vassal Principality to the Egyptians, the Assyrians, the babylonians, the Persians, the Romans until they became such a nuinsance Jerusalem was razed to the ground.

All in all, "Israel" as a sovereign state lasted 4 generaitons, about as much as the Christain Kingdom of jerusalem between the 1st and 2nd Crusade.

Incidentally, the current title of "King of Jerusalem" belongs to the Savoy - Italian.

So read a book on "investigative archaeology" or "comparative archaeology"(*) before going to Sunday School next time.
(*) this means archaeologists checking historical sources from neighboring Nations before believing wholeheartedly to only one opinable source.

==========

A for "Philistine", whose Bible are you reading ? Septuagint ? KJV from Masoretic Hebrew ? Masoretic is known to be an unreliable source even to the jews themselves!  Grin
Huh
In the Septuagint "Philistine" is used only 12 (twelve) times to refer to a specific people in a specific timeframe when "Israel" was at war with them (and generally lost)
In the Masoretic O.T. the name "Philistine" is used almost 300 times to refer to "foreign enemy" in general - vague, unfair and historically unreliable ...

Archaeology has proven beyond any doubt that the original Philistines were a "People of [from] the Sea" originating from Crete - hence, different metallurgy and different war tactics meant that if they were superior once, they were superior always.
In fact the Philistines regularly kicked ass.
Their region became known as Phalastiniya - Palestine after the name of those who lived there.

The Egyptians called that land Palestine.
The Assyrians called that land Palestine.
The Babylonians called that land Palestine.
The Persians called that land Palestine.
The Romans called that land Palestine.
All the turkic dynasties which ruled since the fall of the Roman Empire called that land Palestine.
Even the English called that land "Palestine" from 1920 to 1946.

Now comes Bronson and it's not calle "Palestine" any more ?

Suits you, Sir, suits you ...

Let's call England "Fish'n'Chippya"... see what the locals think !
(Sorry Hovis, had to pick on someone who can take the pun)

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #101 - 10/29/15 at 01:31:24

WebsterMark wrote on 10/27/15 at 09:20:11:
As I suspected......
Couple questions

*Hey, would you say the US invaded France in 1944?
*How many on your list would you say were glad as hell we 'invaded' them?

Shocked

In 1944 Northern France (Capital city, Paris) was annexed to germany and was under a German military government with a German General as Governor;
Southern France (Capital city, Vichy) was collaborationist to Nazi germany with a philo-Nazi Government, Marchal Pétain being the Military Governor.

So, yes, France was de facto invaded and only when the Allied troops had physical and political control could you say it was "liberated".

As for all the others, either a US-friendly military dictatorship was put in place, or the end result was a complete disaster, anarchy and civil war - which often lasts to this day (see Afghanistan, Iraq, but also Somalia and Haiti...)

You sure of what you said ?  Huh

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #102 - 10/29/15 at 01:40:19

History is different depending on where the school is.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #103 - 10/29/15 at 02:08:29

Yes... I'm afraid you're right.

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #104 - 10/29/15 at 06:57:38

Bravo Maurizio, excellent posts  Cool

Even our tradition of 'fish-and-chips', here in 'Fishnchipya', on a Friday comes from Judeo-Christian roots.

Shame that it costs nearly 30 pieces of silver, these days  Shocked

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 02:22:03

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Down a Slippery Slope: what Muslims think of ISIS

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.