Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
right hand switchgear (Read 42 times)
Steddy58

Ooops I did it again

Liverpool UK
right hand switchgear
10/08/15 at 16:33:26

Hey all, by any chance does someone have a photo of the internals of the right hand switch gear for a '88 savage ( start button, lights and kill switch ) specifically the little metal piece that has a 90 degree bent tab on one end and two prongs that are bent at 90 degrees in the other direction on the other end - I'm not sure how this fits into the switchgear housing and what its purpose is, thanks everyone

1988 sav, mikuni vm36 carb (lancer),high comp piston, racing cam, raptor petcock, self-made exhaust, delkevic silencer (ryca header), K&N air filter, 48,000 miles
  IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Re: right hand switchgear
Reply #1 - 10/08/15 at 19:11:52

I will take a stab at this, Im assuming you removed the screws holding this piece in?

I'm making a GUESS here:

I think it's a retainer for the switches. The long leg side goes towards the grip, and I think the short side is UP. and this piece mounts to the inside towards the switches.

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
Steddy58

Ooops I did it again

Liverpool UK
Re: right hand switchgear
Reply #2 - 10/08/15 at 20:23:19

Hey DesertRat, yeah I removed the  screw holding it in to make it easier to get to the wires I was soldering - so if I'm holding the housing in my hand ( the one with the wires in ) looking at the insides, with the starter button wiring towards the top, at the moment I have the single tab down the hole top right and the two pronged tab pointing up at me is that what you mean?  It would probably be easier if I took a photo ( what I should have done in the first place  Roll Eyes) which I will do tomorrow when I get to where the bike is and I will post it on this thread thanks for the time being anyway

1988 sav, mikuni vm36 carb (lancer),high comp piston, racing cam, raptor petcock, self-made exhaust, delkevic silencer (ryca header), K&N air filter, 48,000 miles
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 08:32:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › right hand switchgear

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.