Honda Neowing (Read 157 times)
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Re: Honda Neowing
Reply #15 - 10/04/15 at 17:29:37

I ran into a young man at American Eagle Harley last Saturday that had a new Trike, and I thought what a wuss. Later on he told me he was on his motorcycle a year ago and got run over by a car and it cut his leg off.

That made me feel like the horse's ass that I am.

May be some of the "invalids" have enough balls to never stop riding. Embarrassed

Kenny G

IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #16 - 10/04/15 at 18:16:36

No, you're absolutely right about that and it's the ideal use for trikes, for sure. BUT, the only trikes I've ever seen going about have been ridden by able bodied people, thinking they look cool. I guess it's up to them what they ride and good luck to them. They look like they're riding a jetski though (another thing I can't see the point of). The only really disabled guy I've seen riding gets about in a Honda outfit. The sidecar has a ramp he can wheel his chair into, then he rides the outfit from the chair. Is kind of weird to see a motorbike riding along with noone on board, just a guy in the sidecar.
I'll probably have to get a trike too, after I've had a stroke or been run over or something.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #17 - 10/05/15 at 04:13:00

I believe the majority of trike owners fall into 2 classes.

1)  Those folks who want to ride - but have no business being on two wheels.  Some of them have never learned to ride a bike or motorcycle, others just aren't very coordinated.

2)  Those folks who have physical issues.  Some of them can be injuries, some can be age related issues of not being able to hold up a 700 pound motorcycle, passenger and luggage.  I have a friend that was in a car accident and it screwed up his inner ear and balance....and he no longer has the ability to balance a motorcycle.  I have another friend who was an avid rider - but he has circulation problems and the blood flow to his legs is horrible, and he has switched over to a trike so he can continue to ride.

It is all good.....long as you can keep riding! Smiley

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
HondaLavis

It's nothing
personal; the other
one came first.

Plano, TX
Reply #18 - 10/05/15 at 07:04:20

Reminds me of the Toyota I-road concept released a year or two ago. they just took the cage off.

"You ride a single cylinder motorcycle??"

"When you're good, one is all you need." Wink

I guess that means I'm no good anymore; I've got 4 more cylinders! '08 Yamaha FJR1300 and still '01 Savage
  IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #19 - 10/05/15 at 15:38:24

Just a suggestion, look at the plates on the trikes you see, and notice how many of them are handicap plates. I know that mine has one.  I won't bore you with the reasons, but it is ride the trike, or ride in a cage.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 06:19:05

General CategoryThe Cafe › Honda Neowing

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.