Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Last question for at least a little while.... (Read 33 times)
Johnnyblade
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Last question for at least a little while....
10/01/15 at 14:08:37

Thank you everyone for being so willing to share your knowledge and experience with me, as a new guy. It has really helped me.
I found a cheap 1986-1988 sissy seat for the savage will it fit on my 2007 s40? It looks the same. I suspect it may.
Thank you all again.
John

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Re: Last question for at least a little while....
Reply #1 - 10/01/15 at 14:16:24

There's a thread on here somewhere about subtle differences in the side rails.  Try searching for it or wait an hour or so and someone with a really good memory will link it  Wink

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 10/01/15 at 14:41:15

The early seats need a loop thats welded on the rear fender to keep them on.

I don't think the new fenders have that.

WWW   IP Logged
Boogie_with_Stu

Look Ma, no hands!

Raleigh, NC
Reply #3 - 10/01/15 at 14:59:02

You'll need to take that mounting plate that is riveted on the rear of your original S40 seat off and find a way to mount it to the pan of the new seat. A hand riveter from Home Depot would probably work fine. Thick short screws might also work. I would then add some good grade epoxy all around the edges, like a JB Weld type product.

It is easy to check if the side bolts line up. If you can install the "new" seat by slipping the front tongue into the gas tank bracket and then get the side bolts in....all you need to do is secure the rear.

03 Savage, Pearl Novelty Black,Raptor mod, Boulevard seat, Rectifier mod -'07 Honda Nighthawk 250 stock
  IP Logged
Johnnyblade
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 10/01/15 at 16:08:20

Sounds like a lot of work for the few times i may have someone riding coach. I may have to get a shiny new one next pay period. The one I saw is only 20$ though! I figured I'd cover it with bags so no one would see how ugly it is.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/13/24 at 18:51:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Last question for at least a little while....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.