School Shooting (Read 584 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: School Shooting
Reply #75 - 10/09/15 at 18:50:32

and subject to the jurisdiction thereof

So, a French woman, just a tourist, eight months along, figures she has time, but, no, water breaks, baby comes...
You think that baby is subject to the jurisdiction of the USA?
The C is being misread and misapplied.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #76 - 10/09/15 at 19:21:45

raydawg wrote on 10/06/15 at 08:18:54:
I don't own a gun, never have, and I don't understand the attraction or need to get rapid fire ones, that surely can not be sporting.
They must designed to do great damage, quickly, as opposed to accuracy.
I have absolutely no qualms about highly restricting and regulating their presence in our society....
However, all that said and done, it do not believe it will fix the deeper problem of why people kill, nor will it take the guns away from the criminals, as they don't care about laws, and it ( stricter gun laws ) might even increase killings in adults and robberies as a dead witness is one who can't snitch on you....

that my friend doesn't make any sense what-so-ever, these two positions contradict each-other  Shocked

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #77 - 10/10/15 at 05:41:09

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/08/15 at 20:02:35:
What is a militia? Who pays them?
Don't forget, the authors of the Constitution had just fought for freedom from a tyrannical government. Do you REALLY believe that they wanted the People to be subservient and easy targets?

Thank you Jog, absolutely correct.
To the rest of you in favor of more gun "control" laws, don't be so quick to cut your own balls off and hand them over to Uncle Sam because he promises to protect you. Cameras on every street corner just means the guy who robs and shoots you gets caught, maybe convicted and back on streets in couple years while you get to crap your pants lying in a hospital bed paralyzed or fertilize the grass at the local cemetery.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #78 - 10/10/15 at 07:11:22

DesertRat wrote on 10/09/15 at 19:21:45:
I don't own a gun, never have, and I don't understand the attraction or need to get rapid fire ones, that surely can not be sporting.
I have absolutely no qualms about highly restricting and regulating their presence in our society....
However, all that said and done, it do not believe it will fix the deeper problem of why people kill, nor will it take the guns away from the criminals, as they don't care about laws, and it ( stricter gun laws ) might even increase killings in adults and robberies as a dead witness is one who can't snitch on you....

that my friend doesn't make any sense what-so-ever, these two positions contradict each-other  Shocked

No rat, I don't believe they do....

Lets start with something we all agree upon, we don't want guns used to kill, or being used in criminal activities, yes?

With registrations, all sales must be recorded, be it private or public sales, just as we do motor vehicles. Sure, it gets the gubbermint money, but it also protects us, the seller, if a person doesn't register it and gets in an accident. If its still registered to us, it will be traced to us..... however, if we did our prudent responsibility, and filled out the sale on our end, it will show who we sold the car to, and the authorities will have the proper party to punish, or a lead anyway.
It won't prolly fix the gang bangers and career criminals, no, but it will help in finding/solving those individuals who just bought a gun because you never know when you might need it ( paranoia ) and somewhere in their later life, snap, using it to kill someone they are associated with, in an act of rage. Up to that point they were "normal" in all respect, and had no criminal record, but that quickly changed in a moment of unfettered rage.
Would the knowledge of maybe the previous gun owner recording the sale, be a deterrent, I think in some cases it very well could, as reasoning ( or self preservation) might overcome the moment of rage, allowing a more conscious thought to enter the perps mind and nix the use of a gun to solve his/her dilemma

Sure, criminals won't do this, I understand, it is just one tool that might help in combating this problem, and yes, I understand the argument that then the gubbermint will know where all the guns and threat to their tyrannical administration reside, however, I file this argument in the same reasoning category of partial birth and abortion advocates....
They claim if we restrict that, then the next step is to outlaw all abortions....    

Can you now see where my reasoning was vested rat?
Thanks for your input  Smiley

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #79 - 10/10/15 at 09:04:55

Raydawg.  You state you are not a gun owner, That’s fine, that's your choice.
Just like I am not a Pilot.
But I do not tell the Pilot, who I hired, (with several hundred others) how fly a airplane.

As you are Not, a firearm owner, please do this.
Spend a little time, next to the counter of a firearms store.
And then you WILL find out, What needs to be done to purchase a firearm.
“ … all sales must be recorded, … “  It’s already the law, since 1968.
And it is very strongly enforced by the BATFE.
As well as, ’Straw Sales’, (Which the, LIER Clinton, said are a, ‘paperwork’ volition).
It most certainly is NOT. It carries a 10,000.00 fine, AND, 10 years in JAIL.
But I guess SHE can lie.
And the ONLY person, that has NOT been charged for, that crime, is Eric Holder.

This is how it works;  Let’s say a Colt Mod xyz, Ser # 123, was used in a crime.
The BATFE, (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, Explosives), go to Colt. Colt produces the records that it was sold to ‘abc’ Distributor, that Distributor produces records it was sold to ‘cba' Jobber, that jobber produces records it was sold to the FFL, (Federal Firearms Licensed Dealer), of John Doe. Then John Doe, produces records, it was sold to citizen Jane Doe. “ … all sales must be recorded, … “
Now, the BATFE, knocks on the door, of Jane Doe’s house.  “Where were you Fri Night from 9 to 11PM”, “WHY”, “Because a firearm YOU own was used in a crime”,  “Oh, I sold/traded that last year at Peter Doe’s shop”.
Now the BATFE, go to, ‘Peter’s’ shop, and keep going.  etc.
(And B.T.W., that is how, ‘Gun Shows’ operate. So their is, NO, ‘Gun Show’ ‘Loophole’).

Now, their is a exception. It is called the FFT,  (Face to Face Transfer), some States allow this, some do not.
Let’s say, I, have a firearm, purchased as above, I want to sell it. I Can, to a FFL shop, or a private party.
 If it is to a private party, (A Person 18 or over, for a long gun, and over 21 for a handgun).
That person MUST, Affirm, that they are of age. A U.S.A. Citizen. A Resident of the State you are in, (and which YOU are a resident of), (Which you are Both physically in).  That they are Not a Felon, OR, have Ever been charged with a Felony.
That they have, Not, ever been charged with a crime of Violence. That they have NOT ever had a ‘restraining’ order against them. That they have Not ever been committed to a mental institution.  And guess what, the very VAST Majority of people that do that, require a, ‘Bill of Sale’, is signed.  THAT, is how it works.  

BUT, oh yea, the Criminal, does NOT do this !!!!!!

Not knowing, what the, ‘rules’ are, the Ultra-Liberals, USE, the lack of knowledge to, SCARE people, into thinking, something can happen. So they will, ‘agree’ with them.
A very common ploy, and often heard.   “You can BUY a Gun off the Internet from Anywhere”.
That statement is TRUE !
I, in MN, can ‘buy’ a firearm, from a private party in NM, off the Internet.  
So, the deal is made, money exchanged, and now, I, ‘own’, that firearm in NM.
But, BUT, As Paul Harvey always said:  ’The REST of the Story”.
That seller, can NOT, send, ME, the gun.
That seller, HAS to send the gun to a FFL in MN.
Then I go into that FFL shop, and do all the necessary paperwork, for,
“ … all sales must be recorded, … “
So, I can not, ‘Posses’, that firearm, until, “ … all sales must be recorded, … “

But the Ultra-Liberals, make it sound like buying a, ’tea cup’ off fleaybay.
And the people that Don’t know, what Has to be, and Is, done, all go:
 “OMG, we have to Stop This”.  And vote, Ultra-Liberal, on the gun issue”.

Now, can one get a firearm off the street, illegally?  Sure.
JUST like, one can buy, Heroin, Crack, pain pills, etc.
Ya know, perhaps their should be a, law, that one can Not, sell Drugs,
unless the seller, is a licensed dispenser of Drugs?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #80 - 10/10/15 at 10:18:54

Spring..... I plead ignorance, and yes, my er', understanding/reply,  is off the cuff, more emotional, than factual.

I will yield to your knowledge on the matter, for as I state, and you pointed out, I do not own firearms and have no real experience with the process, or matter, of ownership.
I do know NRA members, and on that personal level, I have never, ever, seen the use, and operation of firearms, taken lightly or in folly.
Fact is, the education and instruction is very serious, you could even say, "dead serious"!

My question to you then is this, and please don't just give the standard answer of the indoctrinating machine of the left, as you and I both saw how RR overcame these very obstacles to garner a 3 gig hitch ( him two, B1, one ) in the oval office.
But why is this information, that you shared, not getting out in a coherent manner?

It kinda reminds me how Hillary's problems would go away IF......as she say's, did nothing wrong and would have released all the emails, etc, instead of scrubbing them....
It would have exposed those who are out for a witch hunt, and the only cost would have been to reveal the planning of Chelsea's wedding AFTER the fact, as the wedding had already taken place  Grin

Anyway, thanks for the insightful reply and the time it took to post it!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #81 - 10/10/15 at 15:04:21

Raydawg said: “ … My question to you then is this, … … But why is this information, that you shared, not getting out in a coherent manner? …”  Well,  For fear of sounding like, “ … standard answer of the indoctrinating machine …”. that, which I do not intend to, but may well do so, depending on one’s POV.

1.  The, ’truth’ is to long.   It is not a, ’Sound Bite’.  If the Media or a Politician, (both sides), goes in to a dissertation, of all the things that are required to legally  purchase a firearm.  It’s BO-RING !

If you are For Freedom, you say: “It’s Not True”.
If you are against Freedom, you say: “Anybody can buy a Gun off the Internet”.
         Great, ‘Sound Bites’, for the ’talking heads’.

2. If you are, for, Freedom, you are, not, going to risk, Boring, your audience, by telling ALL of the truth. For fear of loosing them.

3. If you are, Anti-Freedom, you are going to say, what ever you can get away with, to get the people that, Do Not Know, to Vote for you.

That’s my take.  AND, it has gotten Worse, over the years.

35 years ago, when I first started teaching, FSTC, (Firearms Safety Training Classes), one of the, ‘lectures’, is on, ‘Ethics’. Always start that with:   “How many here, know what the, word, ‘Ethics”, mean”? (It’s always 12 -14 + year olds).
35 years ago, 75-80% of the Students raised their hand.  Last 4 classes, sum total of, ONE PERSON, raised their hand. (do two classes a year).   Then next statement is: “The best way to describe, ‘Ethics’, is, ‘What do you do, when No One is Looking”.
And now, (last two years), look out at a sea of, ‘Doe in the Headlight look’, students.

WHAT ??????.   WHAT, are these kids being Taught ?  By their Parents and their Teachers ??????

JOG’s,  (What some call, ’tinfoil hat’, statements). Have a tremendous amount of truth to them.

Another change.  One of the instructors, who has joined recently, (10 years), is a professional, teacher in the Public School system.  We, (the other instructors), CONSTANTLY, have to correct him. (He is a very good teacher, and we all have learned from his methods).  BUT, he, ALWAYS, ‘Lapses’, into “Teaching The Test”.

The ’TEST’, is just that.  It is a, ’TEST’, of retained Knowledge !
But, today's kids, are SO used to, Not Paying Attention to the subject material,
And so, ‘used to’, the, “TEST”, answers, being taught.  They do NOT Learn !

Well I could go On and On,  (Yea I know, ’to late’)

Anyway, in a Nutshell, ‘why not tell the truth’.
Because the generations, today, that have the Majority of votes, are to DUMB, To, ‘BORED’, to, ‘UN Interested’.  Because that is what they have been, ’Taught’.

So it’s:   ‘Lets go with the ’Sound Bites’, then they will listen’.
Which is regretful, (from my POV),
The, Pro-Freedom, people saying:  “That’s Not True”
and the, Anti-Freedom people saying:
“OMG, Anybody can buy a Gun on the Internet”.

Which of course is, ‘Not True’, but, Now, you know, the Truth.
Or as Paul Harvey always said:  ’The Rest Of the Story” !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #82 - 10/10/15 at 22:52:18

Happily surprised, Mr. Spring.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #83 - 10/11/15 at 09:59:47

DesertRat wrote on 10/09/15 at 19:21:45:

Actually, no, gthey do not.

If you had ever lived in a Country, any Country, where firearms are regulated at least as strictly as automobiles, you'd realize what you just challenged.

In ANY nation with strict gun control laws, in proportion, the fewer the firearms in circulation, the more widespread the availability of illegal guns on the black market.

Go ask any Scandinavian, or Brit, or European in general.

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #84 - 10/11/15 at 10:05:04

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/09/15 at 18:50:32:
and subject to the jurisdiction thereof

So, a French woman, just a tourist, eight months along, figures she has time, but, no, water breaks, baby comes...
You think that baby is subject to the jurisdiction of the USA?
The C is being misread and misapplied.

Actually, yes, the French baby will have double citizenship for as long as he/she is a minor (underage) and once an adult (18+) will continue to enjoy the benefits of double citizenship as long as the laws of the two nations permit.

My kid brither was born in Bethesda Naval Hospital on 12/28/'72 and retained double citizenship and a double passport up to the age of 18.
My mother, as mother of the infant, was granted a form of "privileged entry" into the US from wherever she could be in the world,
provided she was with my brother, up to his coming of age.

It's the Law.

But, frankly... you have obviously not delivered any babies youself... no woman 8 months pregnant would ever consider going anywhere at all!
Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #85 - 10/11/15 at 10:09:20

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/08/15 at 20:02:35:
What is a militia? Who pays them?
Don't forget, the authors of the Constitution had just fought for freedom from a tyrannical government. Do you REALLY believe that they wanted the People to be subservient and easy targets?

Who pays for the County Sheriff ?

Who pays for the local Fire Department ?

Who pays for the Volunteers of the local Fire Department ?

So... who pays for the local Militia ? Back in the day, it was called...

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #86 - 10/11/15 at 16:56:55

That's how it is interpreted. I'm not able to believe that is the Intent.
Would you write a law that made every baby born in the country automatically a citizen, even if its parents weren't?
You're real quick with demanding explanations in the Second Amendment, why would they have included
And subject to the jurisdiction..?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #87 - 10/11/15 at 17:38:11

How many have seen this, on the, 'NEWS" ???
http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/gudger.asp

Gee, Why Not ?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #88 - 10/11/15 at 17:43:13

mpescatori wrote: " ... no woman 8 months pregnant would ever consider going anywhere at all!  ...".

I guess no one has told the multitude, crossing the 'Rio Grande', at 8 Months, 3+ weeks !

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #89 - 10/11/15 at 19:05:30

"There's no doubt that Carolyn Gudger probably saved (Riden's) life at that point," Anderson says.
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/gudger.asp#IJDHUWIQwBdJeAgB.99

Wow, there's a definitive statement.

And how much was it hyped? How many hours did I have to hear about this? Did the president go and congratulate the woman? Did he go and tell all the parents how lucky they were to have had their children all come home because a GOOD person with a Gun stopped someone. Only tragedy gets the hype.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 02:25:01

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › School Shooting

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.