School Shooting (Read 584 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: School Shooting
Reply #60 - 10/06/15 at 06:09:14

Serowbot wrote on 10/05/15 at 22:33:21:
I give,.. you all win... Grin Grin Grin...

We're all allowed 22lr. (the most common ammo)..
...as long as we share...  Huh...

Are those 240 "militia's"  sharing?... Grin Grin Grin...
They are "Patriots",... Right?... Grin Grin Grin...

The insanity of the TT, has me politically punch drunk...
I need a recess..
TTFN... Huh

Jesus  Sew, your skin is tissue thin......   I thought this was a mild discussion.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #61 - 10/06/15 at 06:48:04

Times have changed, types of ammo, weapons, everything is different, BUT, you get into a protracted skirmish, common caliber, ammo, becomes a good idea. I doubt that was considered rationally, just spat on..
And yet, a look at the commerce clause and a bit of thought, and suddenly, IF we can get past the Current use of Regulate, things make sense.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #62 - 10/06/15 at 08:18:54

I don't own a gun, never have, and I don't understand the attraction or need to get rapid fire ones, that surely can not be sporting.
They must designed to do great damage, quickly, as opposed to accuracy.
I have absolutely no qualms about highly restricting and regulating their presence in our society....
However, all that said and done, it do not believe it will fix the deeper problem of why people kill, nor will it take the guns away from the criminals, as they don't care about laws, and it ( stricter gun laws ) might even increase killings in adults and robberies as a dead witness is one who can't snitch on you....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #63 - 10/06/15 at 08:40:31

raydawg wrote on 10/06/15 at 08:18:54:
I don't own a gun, never have, and I don't understand the attraction or need to get rapid fire ones, that surely can not be sporting.
I have absolutely no qualms about highly restricting and regulating their presence in our society....
However, all that said and done, it do not believe it will fix the deeper problem of why people kill, nor will it take the guns away from the criminals, as they don't care about laws, and it ( stricter gun laws ) might even increase killings in adults and robberies as a dead witness is one who can't snitch on you....

So, basically you acknowledge that gun restrictions don't really do anything to solve the problem we are discussing, and that criminals ignore them anyway, but you are still in favor of such restrictions.

Why. Is it because you personally don't like or have no interest in guns, and therefore believe everyone else should be forced to conform to that viewpoint? Or do you just fail to see the inconsistency in what you said.

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #64 - 10/06/15 at 10:28:21

[color=#0000ff][/color]WebsterMark wrote on 10/05/15 at 09:24:40:
As I said, Webstermark, do not assume, but try to understand.

Mpes there is not a person on this forum who tries to understand another point of view less than you. Your every reply is seething with an irritating condescending attitude.

And your last post about 2nd amendment and militias is typically wrong.
The original intend of the 2nd amendment has always been clear. The authors expressed their views clearly in other writings. Its only those ignorant of this or those purposely trying to fool others into believing something not true. I'll leave it to you to pick which side you're on.

OK, first things first, I apologize for stealing and hijacking the thread towards a new subject - but it's four pages now that everybody is discussing
"my" observations", so I have hit a "raw nerve", so to speak.

HOWEVER

I do not speak out of spite but out of love for the Nation I considered my Home as a Junior High School student
(you have no idea how distraught I was when I was told we'd be returning to Europe)
I speak my words because I firmly beliveve things can be made to improve not by forcing change down people's throats but by looking around and seeing how "different approaches" have worked very well in other comparable environments (I believe I could never compare the US to India, but I do believe I could compare the US to Canada or the UK or South Africa or Australia, for example)

My post about the 2nd Amendment is wrong ?
I can and will analyse it word by word; First of all, the wording:

As passed by the Congress and preserved in the National Archives:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, then-Secretary of State:

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
"

Can you see the first fundamental difference? I can.
There is a fundamental difference between "state" and "State".
"state" being "the state you're in", as in Freeman, serf, press-ganged sailor etc... not to mention slave...
"State" being that organized form of society where individual powers are given by the individual to a centralized form of administration for the gommon good of the "res publica", the public community which takes it onto itself to cater for the common requirements in a way as to ensure the gommon good.
It is irrelevant that the form of administration is a Monarchy, an Oligarchy, a Republic or a permanent Assembly (see Maoist China, the former USSR or former Lybia) - they are all forms of "State" with a capital "S".

So, the forst difference is that you must determine if the 2nd Amendment is to protect you as an individual or as a community.

Secondly: The right "of the People"  or "of the people"?
Are you a mass of individuals or an organic, functional ensemble of citizens?
Can you feel the difference?

Third: "A well Regulated Militia"...
"Regulated" does not mean "common logistics" as one suggested, much less that it has leadership.
"Regulated" from Latin "Regula" means that it is determined by a satute, a set of Regulations or (Code of Discipline) and quite possibly a set of written Rules of Engagements and a set of Mission tasks.
All this through a Command Structure and well determined hierarchy.
Mind you, I am saying this as a professional military, I know what I am talking about.

Fourth: "The right of the P/people to keep and bear arms"
This determines the right of the individual/collectivity... it doesn NOT claim the right to keep them individually within their own home, or the collective obligation to keep them into custody at the "Village Armory"
It simply declares the P/people are entitled to keep and bear (i.e., have the availability of, be trained to use, and functionally deploy individual weapons)

Fifth: "shall not be infringed"
Believe it or not, THIS is the ONLY part of the 2nd Amendment which will not lend itself to discussion or interpretation.
Anything else is fodder for the Justices if their time; whatever the Supreme Court may have ruled in 1939, who is to say this will not be overruled next week, or next month, or next year ?
Who is to say "a strictly literal interpretation of the 2nd Amendment demands that a Citizen MUST be enlisted in the State Militia / National Guard in order to benefit from said right" will not happen in... 2020?

I once read a thread in this Forum where the initiator sparked a discussion with the statement "Nowhere does it say in my State's nor in Federal law that you MUST hold a license in order to drive a car" and he was ... taken not very seriously.
Who knows, maybe he could appeal his driving ticket all the way to the Supreme Court!

So, all in all... NO, I do not speak out of spite, and YES I do wish things could improve.
I am convinced that if CCPs were made the only way to legally carry a gun, half the people currently carrying would either stop carrying or be denied CCPs.
I am saying this out of personal experience, bureaucrats are bureaucrats everywhere... Lips Sealed

P.S. I lived in Falls Church, VA, 22044

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #65 - 10/06/15 at 10:41:04

oldNslow wrote on 10/06/15 at 08:40:31:
raydawg wrote on 10/06/15 at 08:18:54:

So, basically you acknowledge that gun restrictions don't really do anything to solve the problem we are discussing, and that criminals ignore them anyway, but you are still in favor of such restrictions.

Why. Is it because you personally don't like or have no interest in guns, and therefore believe everyone else should be forced to conform to that viewpoint? Or do you just fail to see the inconsistency in what you said.

No, it is a non issue with me. I would not base my vote on a canidate over this issue.
I am thinking having something sorta like when we sell our car to a private party, we need to record that sell, and to whom, so if they fail to register it in their name and cause an accident, we are free and clear of any claim of damages....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #66 - 10/06/15 at 10:43:02

As the guy says at the end of this video (forgive the poor quality)

"Maybe it's not the gun, it's the guy holding the gun"

http://www.facebook.com/retainyourfreedom/videos/911303092238059/

(I'll add one more)

http://www.facebook.com/TheDailyShare/videos/485527148273328/
(or two...)
http://www.facebook.com/OccupyDemocrats/videos/964786396947748/

Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #67 - 10/06/15 at 12:51:53

mpescatori wrote on 10/06/15 at 10:28:21:
Believe it or not, THIS is the ONLY part of the 2nd Amendment which will not lend itself to discussion or interpretation.
Anything else is fodder for the Justices if their time; whatever the Supreme Court may have ruled in 1939, who is to say this will not be overruled next week, or next month, or next year ?
Who is to say "a strictly literal interpretation of the 2nd Amendment demands that a Citizen MUST be enlisted in the State Militia / National Guard in order to benefit from said right" will not happen in... 2020?

If "shall not be infringed" needs no interpretation, then neither does the rest.

Quote:
the right of the People to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I have a right to keep and bear arms in this nation.
I should not be limited from keeping or bearing them where ever I might go.
To do so, would be to infringe my rights.

My rights to bear a weapon are extremely limited and leave exposed to those that criminally carry a weapon.

WWW   IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #68 - 10/06/15 at 15:00:55

The statements:
“One NEEDS to have a Drivers License, to Drive a Car/Truck”
And
 “One does NOT need a Drivers License, to Drive a Car/Truck”
Are, BOTH, correct !
What is missing is, ‘Information’. Complete information.

Now we all do it, (perhaps intentionally, perhaps not), depending on one’s POV. When we discuss a topic. (not just political).  Just like someone saying: “The Fish are hitting in 10 feet of water in xyz lake”. And the next persons says: “The fish are NOT hitting in 10 feet of water in xyz lake”.  Their is information missing.  
Some, ‘politicians’, and ‘Media’, Intentionally, mislead people, by NOT, giving complete information.

Just like, what some words meant, 240 years ago, vs what they mean now.
(Or the spelling, grammar, Punctuation that was used)
It is the, ‘more’ information, that is necessary.
(In the case of the 2nd Amendment, it is the, ‘meaning’, 240 years ago).

Oh, if you haven’t already figured it out.
Driving: IF, you are on Public, Roads/Right of Ways, you Need a D.L.
If you are on, Private land, you do NOT need a D.L.
Just a, 'LITTLE', piece of information, missing.  Grin

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #69 - 10/08/15 at 11:00:50

verslagen1 wrote on 10/06/15 at 12:51:53:
mpescatori wrote on 10/06/15 at 10:28:21:

If "shall not be infringed" needs no interpretation, then neither does the rest.

Quote:
the right of the People to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I have a right to keep and bear arms in this nation.
I should not be limited from keeping or bearing them where ever I might go.
To do so, would be to infringe my rights.

My rights to bear a weapon are extremely limited and leave exposed to those that criminally carry a weapon.

OK...  Roll Eyes

"A well Regulated Militia"...

Everybody seems to think that bit (which is the foreword, i.e. that one clause and condition which ghives justification to all that which follows)
is abslutely irrelevant.

Which opens the flank to the lawmaker enforcing a strict application of said 2nd Amendment.

What I am trying to say is NOT "you can't do that"... not at all !

What I am trying to say is... you need to safeguard that right !

... "once upon a time there was the Minuteman" but this prerequisite is long gone;
...once upon a time there was the stagecoach driver/traveling salesman/professional gambler who packed a gun because it was one of their tools of the trade, to protect themselves from robbers, bad guys and the "eeevil injuns" we were shown so often on TV in the 1960's
...once upon a time there was the trapper who would need a rifle+gun combo to defend himself from bear/wolves/coyote when checking his traps for fur
...once upon a time there was the Pony Express kid covering 100 miles/day and more...
Roll Eyes
But those times are long gone, and you had better find something that is much stronger than "it's always been this way" to justify your inherent right given by tradition and customary law...
Customary law being that common practice which dictates the general and widely accepted code of conduct unless there is an official law saying otherwise.

Which is exactly my point.

I'm all for the 2nd Amendment BUT I have noticed that all the NRA and supporters do is chant "it's always been this way!"

Well, before things change for the worse, I am simply suggesting that you find the way to protect your rights and freedom as applicable by current customary law.

"A well Regulated Militia"... is the writing on the wall... don't waste that chance...

Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #70 - 10/08/15 at 20:02:35

What is a militia? Who pays them?
Don't forget, the authors of the Constitution had just fought for freedom from a tyrannical government. Do you REALLY believe that they wanted the People to be subservient and easy targets?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #71 - 10/08/15 at 23:01:54

15 mil background checks so far this year

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #72 - 10/09/15 at 11:54:12

mpescatori wrote on 10/08/15 at 11:00:50:
OK...  Roll Eyes

"A well Regulated Militia"...

Everybody seems to think that bit (which is the foreword, i.e. that one clause and condition which gives justification to all that which follows) is absolutely irrelevant.

I don't think it's "absolutely irrelevant", it states that in order to defend ourselves, the populace must be trained in the operation of the given weapons of the day.  It does not state, unless you are in a militia, you may not have a weapon.

Most of our laws are determined by example.
Quote:
you had better find something that is much stronger than "it's always been this way" to justify your inherent right given by tradition and customary law...

Once the law has been interpreted this way, it's very difficult to reverse it.

You may nit pick every word of the law, but until you have a convincing argument, I won't start any gofundme accounts for you.

WWW   IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #73 - 10/09/15 at 16:49:08

thumperclone wrote on 10/08/15 at 23:01:54:
15 mil background checks so far this year

How does this pertain to this thread?

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #74 - 10/09/15 at 17:15:18

Let’s see, the 14th Amendment.

“ All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.”

OK, One group says this is, ABSOLUTE. NO Change. It is,  FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS !     @@!@@!!!@

So someone, can wade across  the ‘Reo Grand’,  within a day or two, of having a baby, and that, ‘baby’, is “Instantly’, Granted, Citizenship?
Where the people who wrote that,  (Probably, don’t know, I wasn’t their), were  thinking someone in a ship, which took, 1 or to MONTHS, to get here, and had a baby.
YET, that, 'group', state:   "it's always been this way!"

AND, the SAME, ‘group’, says the 2nd Adm,  need to be, ‘Re-Written’, because it does not apply today.  ????????????

Gee, Golly, ya, think,  something else is going on here  ?????????

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 01:31:01

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › School Shooting

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.