Send Topic Print
School Shooting (Read 584 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

School Shooting
10/01/15 at 12:48:00

I'll bet that school was a gun free zone......

When are we going to face reality? There are 300 + million guns in the US, there is no such thing as gun control. That horse left the barn a long time ago. When the details of this shooter come out, lets see where the simplest point of interception could have occured (if there even is one) and why not focus resources on those points?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: School Shooting
Reply #1 - 10/01/15 at 13:20:02

WebsterMark wrote on 10/01/15 at 12:48:00:
There are 300 + million guns in the US, there is no such thing as gun control. That horse left the barn a long time ago.

This is true...
...but,.. the first thing to do, when you find yourself in a hole, no matter how deep, is stop digging...
The answer to the gun problem just can't be more guns...

Soon,.. we will look like Afghanistan... women pushing shopping carts with AK's slung over their shoulders... Armed guards at theatres and schools...
We already have metal detectors at events, and shows...

That's no way to live...

Between security, border enforcement, and building levee's to hold back rising seas,.... we will have no one left to produce goods...
Add to that,... an aging population, and going in a hand-basket...  Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 10/01/15 at 14:40:59

The answer certainly isn't gun free zones or the MSM castigating the NRA or the entire midwest and south as backward hicks.

you've got guns, i have no concern with you owning guns. however, take the stats on gun crime that occur in inner cities out of the equation and the US crime rates probably fall into European categories. lets start really addressing that. we had a terrible incident in st louis this week. a vets and his girlfiend were robbed after a cardinal baseball game. he was shot in the back and is now paralyzed for rest of his life. everyone knew what the background of the suspect was going to be when he was caught and of course everyone was righy.  multiple violent crimes in his history. ...why was he out?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 10/01/15 at 14:54:51

if i take the crime stats of 3 st. louis zip codes out of the figures, you'd think st. louis was the safest city in America.

Doesn't that tell us that we don't have a gun problem, we have a culture problem? and if thats true (which it is) why are we wasting time pursuing silly gun control schemes that liberals shove down our throat?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #4 - 10/01/15 at 15:01:15

WebsterMark wrote on 10/01/15 at 14:40:59:
The answer certainly isn't gun free zones ... "

WHAT ?

Tell me that's not true !
" Gun Free Zones "
ARE, the Answer.  
They will, STOP, the senseless killing by a Nut Job.

Or at least, we are told that,
over, and Over, and OVER,
By the majority of Media,
and the Berny Sander types.

Or, maybe, Just maybe, a, 'gun free zone',
does NOT WORK ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 10/01/15 at 18:21:23

Just want to make sure I get the scorecard correct.........  we politicize mass gun shootings, but we don't politicize selling baby parts. Okay, got it now....

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 10/01/15 at 18:47:15

Ok bot, what is your plan, and how will it work?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 10/01/15 at 19:41:26

I can't tell you how many times I've been told to answer a question,
But, the answer couldn't be Ron Paul.
When that's the answer, then that's the answer.
Gun Free Zones are just target rich environments.
The wealthy gun grabbers have armed guards and their children are never away from armed guards.. so, if that's the answer for Them,,
I say it's a GOOD ANSWER,

Try reading that in Chris Rocks voice..
And I don't know or care about what he says about guns.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 10/01/15 at 22:54:39

raydawg wrote on 10/01/15 at 18:47:15:
Ok bot, what is your plan, and how will it work?

Okay,.. I'll get to that in a minute...
...but, what is the alternative?... and which is the alternative?...

We Need more guns...
We should all carry guns... everywhere...
We should also have better security...
We should have armed security at all public places... theatres, schools, McD's, supermarkets, malls, colleges, courts, TV stations, sporting events, concerts,...etc...

The two are mutually exclusive... Huh
Think about it...
Everyone is armed,... and everywhere has security looking for people that might  be armed...
You can identify an armed man,... by visual, search, or metal detection... fine and dandy...
But we're all packin' for self defense... Undecided...

Point is,... you can identify an armed man...
You can't identify a mentally disturbed man...
Most of them, were okay at some point, and lost it at some point...
Was it today?... or last week?... last year?   or 10 minutes ago?...

"Cops lives matter"... several cops have been gunned down recently...
These men were armed,.. alert, and more aware of danger than 99% of us...  Gunes didn't save them...
"American Sniper".... this man was a trained killer, as was his friend,.... expert shot,.. armed at the time,... and suspicious of the person... and was still gunned down...
You can't outdraw a drawn gun... Huh
...if you think you can,.. you are delusional...

...And you can't ID a mentally disturbed person...
We have "metal" detectors... we don't have "mental" detectors...

I do own guns...
I have owned them since before Columbine...
I like their craftsmanship, precision, accuracy........etc...
But, times have changed...
Less guns,... more restrictions... is not the perfect answer.
It is the only answer.

I know the argument...  a gun is just tool...
Well,.. it isn't...
For most people it is a thingy enhancement...
Just like a sportscar, 4x4, Hog, crotch rocket, I-pad, Rolex, Nike's, or Confederate flag...

Let's call a spade a spade... Grin...
Let's call a thingy a thingy... Huh...

Site censor bit me in da' butt...  Undecided....
Grin Grin Grin...

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 10/02/15 at 03:47:52

Sorry, did I miss something....... I didn't see a plan that would fix those who use guns against others.

You want to hazard a guess as to why it seems these shootings are becoming more commonplace?

Is it social media?

24/7 constant negative news bombardment?

Polarization by social, academia, and political leaders?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 10/02/15 at 05:21:09

I know the argument...  a gun is just tool...
Well,.. it isn't...
For most people it is a thingy enhancement...
Just like a sportscar, 4x4, Hog, crotch rocket, I-pad, Rolex, Nike's, or Confederate flag...

None of these people are walking into schools and shooting everyone, but these are the people liberal gun control laws impact. It makes no sense.

You want some perspective? This causalities at this school shooting number far less than Chicago's July 4th weekend. We are going ape$hit over this and Hopey's calling for yet more laws yet Chicago has some of the toughest and this weekend it's 50/50 that just as many will be killed.

No, we can't have armed security everywhere and I wouldn't want that anyway. But there is a fact that's just plain tough to get around. The thing that had the highest likelihood of stopping this was another armed person in that school. In fact, there was an army vet at the school who was packing (said he didn't care about the signs saying gun free zone), but he didn't hear about it right away and was too far. If he'd been near by, the damage would have been limited.

There is no easy answer, just a tough question: In a free society like ours, is this the price we have to pay?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 10/02/15 at 05:47:48

WebsterMark wrote on 10/02/15 at 05:21:09:
In a free society like ours, is this the price we have to pay?  

I guess so...

Chicago's gun sale ban is useless, when a 10 minute bus ride can get you to a gun store...
You can't do that in Australia... or England... So, I guess they're not free countries...

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #12 - 10/02/15 at 05:57:58

Free and secure, is sorta like sweet and sour or pretty ugly, an oxymoron.....
How about we can still walk around freely but the authorities install and monitor scanners that ping off of a chip implanted....
No return ping we got a person who is trying to hide, and we nabbed em'

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 10/02/15 at 06:08:37

I'm not agreeing with Donald because I had the idea first... stricter laws and enforcement of laws already legislated.

Florida passed a 10-20-30 law.

Quote:
The law's name comes from three main mandatory sentences: 1) producing a firearm during the commission of certain felonies mandates at least a 10-year prison sentence; 2) firing one mandates at least a 20-year prison sentence; and 3) shooting someone mandates a minimum sentence of 25 years to life regardless of whether a victim is killed or simply injured. The maximum penalty is a life sentence unless the defendant is charged with felony murder or first degree murder in which case the maximum is the death penalty.[2][6]

And guess what happened?

Quote:
According to the Florida Parole Commission (FPC), in 2000, there was a 26.4% decrease in violent, gun-related crime compared to 1998. Florida's "Index Crime" rate for 2000, which is based on a variety of different crimes, had dropped 18% from the previous year, and had reached its lowest level in 28 years.[2] According to the Florida Department of Corrections (FDC), by 2004, violent gun crime rates had fallen 30% since 1998, and the Index Crime rate had reached the lowest in 34 years, despite a 16.8% increase in population during that time period.[6] The Florida Parole Commission and Department of Corrections both acknowledged that these results were influenced by a multitude of crime prevention programs in addition to the 10-20-Life law, such as the Three-Strike Violent Felony Offender Act, the Habitual Juvenile Offender Accountability Act and "Operation T.H.U.G.S." ("Taking Hoodlums Using Guns Seriously"), a program targeting felons with warrants for violent-crime and a violent history.[4][6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10-20-Life

No one will ever be able to harness the control over firearms so you may as well get ahead of it and figure out why people are killing each other.

--Steve

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #14 - 10/02/15 at 11:45:37

Gun free zones don't work.
All they do is disarm law abiding citizens.
Which isn't a bad thing, keeping guns outta the hands of hot headed kids is smart.

I believe there are multiple reasons to have guns that will not change, ever.
crime-leo's are not responsible for your safety.  if leo's were stationed on every block, would they be there to protect you or control you?
wildlife-bears come to my neighborhood frequently.  I might be able to fend off the lessors critters with a shovel, but a bear will use it to pick his teeth with after he ate you.
entertainment-putting holes in targets is fun.  the bigger hole, the more fun.

I haven't followed what the laws were broken yet in this case.
Did he have the guns legally?

when will the future crime police come?

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 02:23:57

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › School Shooting

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.