School Shooting (Read 584 times)
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Re: School Shooting
Reply #30 - 10/04/15 at 20:04:46

JoG2:  Are you familiar with the terms "Friendly Fire" or "Collateral Damage" ?????
Not too long ago two NYC policemen opened fire on an armed murder suspect (loaded .45 in his hand). The suspect was killed (with out getting off a single round) EIGHT (8) innocent bystanders were wounded in varying severity.                Not every round fired hits its' "intended" target . BUT it does hit something or someone.  And the more armed citizens firing, the more rounds flying around, the more likely some "collateral damage" is going to be bleeding its' life out in the street two blocks away from the scene .         

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #31 - 10/04/15 at 20:17:25

"old.indian", oh the irony in your user name, advocating disarming citizens .

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #32 - 10/04/15 at 20:49:36

Yep, I'm well familiar with FF, collateral damage.
No guarantees in life. Ill risk that over just a pile of dead bodies.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #33 - 10/05/15 at 01:35:50

GUN control means, first of all, controlling yourself.

If you are prone to rage attacks or fits, you shouldn't have a gun, period.
I don't care if you are best friends with whomever, or some big shot's son or son-in-law, chances are you WILL draw and shoot in an entirely haphazard and arbitrarious manner, i.e. overkill.

Too bad that "overkill" will not mean "swatting a fly with a hammer" but killing the guy with the flyswatter...

I don't understand how you can have driving licenses, hunting permits, fishing permits, passports to travel, library cards to borrow a book, and then jump on the 2nd Amendment bandwagon, misread it and claim everybody and his dog are entitled to carrying a gun as if it were a pair of sunglasses.

I do not know if my comment sounds offensive and quite frankly I do not care; the US has an inherent problem with social violence and this is carried on not only in the streets but in foreign politics and used systematically.

Overkill means exaggeration; exaggeration causes collateral damage.

Any sentient adult will know that, whatever one does, "collateral damage" is the kind of result which should immediately bring not excuses but apologies, not pointing the blame at somebody else but admission of own guilt and compensation for the loss or damage suffered by the  the "collateral victim".

The world is waiting, and you are in the spotlight.

[url]http://www.msf.org/article/afghanistan-msf-staff-killed-and-hospital-partially-destroyed-kunduz/url]  

[url]http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/03/three-medecins-sans-frontieres-staff-killed-in-afghanistan-hospital-bombing/url]

[url]https://www.rt.com/news/317482-afghanistan-kunduz-msf-hospital//url]

This is the kind of "trigger happy" attitude which needs to be corrected, big time. You cannot expect to win "hearts and minds" when you mistake a wedding cerimony for a training camp, or a hospital for enemy headquarters.

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #34 - 10/05/15 at 03:38:39

Maurizio.......

Are you equating that our military shares a common trait with the lil' hoodlums in Chicago?

Seems to me a rather large chasm to leap.

As B3 said, stuff happens, and in this world, it does, or, we can opt for a complete police state, which, we will in the end, anyway....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 10/05/15 at 04:59:23

Hell guys, follow the lead of hopey-change and the mainstream media: drop this story. Theres nothing to talk about anymore . No blacks targeted, no Muslims targeted. None of those super fierce looking assault rifles used, (i did read one commentary call them "military grade" weapons...... what's that mean?)

The only story left is targeting Christians which is frankly what the New York Times, CNN, MSNBC, primetime TV shows do everyday so what's left to write about?

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #36 - 10/05/15 at 08:01:51

raydawg wrote on 10/05/15 at 03:38:39:
Maurizio.......

Are you equating that our military shares a common trait with the lil' hoodlums in Chicago?

Seems to me a rather large chasm to leap.

As B3 said, stuff happens, and in this world, it does, or, we can opt for a complete police state, which, we will in the end, anyway....

As Neil Armstrong once said: "One small step for man..."

Your "rather large chasm" is, in fact, one small step.

Allow me to lecture you on what you need to "win hearts and minds" in an occupied territory:

- Open your field hospitals to the local civilian population: Given that, however powerful a ruler may be, he still listens to what his mother and wife have to say within the privacy of their own home...

Italian Field Hospital in Beirut, open to the public; guess what, no terrorist attacks.

- Don't push your ways onto peoples and cultures which are an easy 10, 15 fold more ancient than you

- Don't assume that just because you technically can, you are technically justified; nor that just because the enemy technically might, the enemy technically will.

Montecassino: the Germans had specific orders NOT to seek cover within the 1500 year-old monastery of Montecassino, and abided by those orders;
the US Commander, ohowever, not being able to tell a site of historical heritage, decided there was a possible risk and had the monastery bombed flat.

THIS was supposed to be your alibi and cleanse your conscience ? I don't think so !

As I said, Webstermark, do not assume, but try to understand.

You will be surprised, your interlocutor may have just as much culture, education and understanding as you.

And yes, I still believe, strongly believe, you grew up believing you are entitled to having a perennial chip on your shoulder...

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #37 - 10/05/15 at 08:04:02

Please don't help... Huh...

"Houston police responded to a shooting call around 11:15 p.m. Saturday at a Valero gas station on Jensen Drive at Reid Street in north Houston. Officials say two men jumped another man in the gas station parking lot and took the victim's Chevrolet pickup truck. Police say a witness then pulled out a gun and began shooting at the suspects, accidentally hitting the carjacking victim in the head.
The victim was transported to a nearby hospital where he remains in stable condition. Police say the witness who shot at the suspects picked up shell casings and left the scene. Police found the stolen pickup truck about a mile down the road but are still searching for the suspects."
http://www.khou.com/story/news/2015/09/27/one-man-injured-after-carjacking-sh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #38 - 10/05/15 at 08:14:18

Bot wrote:

Quote:
Please don't help...

No problem. I carry a gun to protect  ME. Yer on yer own. Wink

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #39 - 10/05/15 at 08:20:37

Words like this, ‘ … “trigger happy” attitude  …”,
are so useless, and un true, in the debate about, a, ‘Citizens RIGHT’, to defend themselves.
As to the, Constitution of the Country, that a Citizen lives in.

Where, When, How, is, “ … “trigger happy” attitude  …”, EVER,
come into play, in a Citizen who defended themselves ?

The statement, ‘ …  “trigger happy” attitude …”,
applies ONLY, to the NUT Jobs, shooting up schools/churches/etc.

Every time, a State was talking about passing a, ’Carry Law’,
The Anti-Freedom, Pun-dents ALWAYS said:
“ … “trigger happy” attitude  …”, “ Mass Murder in the Streets”, “Wild West”, "Road Rage Shootings”.

Yet, NON, of those things have happened.  In FACT,
(Total Undeniable FACT, Well Documented)
Every State, that has Passed, a, ‘carry license’,
the crime rate has gone  DOWN.  Every One !

And Every State, which, has passed, ‘Anti-Freedom’ laws,
Which, Takes AWAY, a Constitutional RIGHT,
The crime rate has gone UP !

Getting back to schools.
Their, ARE, a number of Teachers/Professors,
that, DO, want to carry, and are Licensed to do so.
But they are ‘Prohibited,’ from doing so, by the Guberment.

And if you, REALLY think, ‘Gun Free Zones’, work.
Put up a sign, in front of your house:
 “No Guns In Here”

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #40 - 10/05/15 at 08:43:01

Pray tell me, from exactly against whom must you defend yourself ?

A guy in the next lane prone to road rage ?

A guy at the gas station because he has a problem with the gas pump ?

The lady at the bus stop because she doesn't like your hair style ?

The lady who goes beserk because they're out of coleslaw at the local fast food joint ?

The teenager from a morally crippled family who grew up on caffeine energy drinks and GTA video games, who goes wild on a gun-totin' spree ?

I lived in the States in the 1970's, why did these things never happen way back then ?
Why was it that I could walk the way to the local 7-Eleven without fear of being run down, kidnapped or shot down ?
How is it that I actually went on gun-safety courses as a Boy Scout, and learned to address gunshot wounds "after a hunting accident"?
(street shootings being something that existed only in Dirty Harry movies)
Huh
How many would send their 10-y.o. on a bicycle three blocks down the road these days ?
Roll Eyes
Trigger happy ? Yes. It is an idiomatic expression, just as much as "chip on your shoulder".

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #41 - 10/05/15 at 08:51:09

I perfectly well know of the 2nd Amendment, I studied all Amendments in the 7th grade.

However, as a European, I have re-read it and one thing jumps to my attention.

OK...

BUT...

Exactly how many gun-totin' NRA 2nd Amendment supporters actually serve in their State Militia ?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-five-extra-words-that-can-fix-the...
Roll Eyes
That is why I earlier observed that all you need is a gun-license, just like you have driving licenses and fishing licenses...

I have yet to see someone fished to death...

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

mpescatori   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #42 - 10/05/15 at 09:11:07

It does say "well regulated",.. doesn't it?...
What you figure they meant by that?... Undecided...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #43 - 10/05/15 at 09:15:22

street shootings being something that existed only in Dirty Harry movies

Not sure where you lived but in the 70's, there were plenty of street shootings. I was 9 and saw a man shot through the neck on the St. Louis ghettos. Happened often.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #44 - 10/05/15 at 09:24:40

As I said, Webstermark, do not assume, but try to understand.

Mpes there is not a person on this forum who tries to understand another point of view less than you. Your every reply is seething with an irritating condescending attitude.

And your last post about 2nd amendment and militias is typically wrong.
The original intend of the 2nd amendment has always been clear. The authors expressed their views clearly in other writings. Its only those ignorant of this or those purposely trying to fool others into believing something not true. I'll leave it to you to pick which side you're on.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 02:19:46

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › School Shooting

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.