Send Topic Print
School Shooting (Read 584 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: School Shooting
Reply #15 - 10/02/15 at 15:20:36

Hovis:

Tell us how it works in the UK.  I'm interested....

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #16 - 10/02/15 at 18:32:20

I wish I could be as eloquent as this lady, but I can't, so I'll just give you her words to consider.

"..an otherwise undistinguished loser demonstrates the easiest way in America to get your own Wikipedia page and your name on the president's lips.

And they're all over it on the TV, and this dillweed's actions are the topic of everyone's conversations, and they're interviewing every student who can claim they caught a glimpse of him and all I can keep yelling at the television screen is "Why didn't you shoot him?"

Seriously, this guy allegedly has time to huddle people together and hold dialogues on their religion? Sounds like there was ample time for any even moderately competent shooter to smoke check his a**. But no. We're yet again going to be bombarded with discussions about taking guns away from the wrong people instead of arming the right ones. There weren't four too many guns in that classroom, there was one too few."

Tam, "View From the Porch"

That's the bottom line right there. Everything else is just ideological posturing and bullsh*t

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #17 - 10/02/15 at 19:17:22

I appreciate this take.....

Thursday night, as the sun set over Washington, if you asked President Obama who had been brave that day, he’d have said himself, not the students who declared themselves Christians knowing they were going to die because of it. Barack Obama, after all, had stood up to Republicans and the NRA — real bravery.

In 1,299 words, at a press conference at the White House, the president never condemned the killings in Oregon. Before he spoke, officials confirmed that the shooter targeted his victims based on their religion. In 1,299 words, the president never called for religious tolerance.

Before we knew who the gunman was or what his motive was, the president of the United States rushed to the podium to make the case for gun control. He even admitted he was politicizing it and that the shooting should be politicized.

In his speech, the president said, “We talked about [gun control] after Columbine and Blacksburg, after Tucson, after Newtown, after Aurora, after Charleston.”

What is so outrageous is that this time the president decided to politicize the situation after we already knew that the shooter had demanded the victims declare their religion before gunning them down. But the president never mentioned that. He never mentioned religious tolerance.

But the president did not politicize the shooting in Virginia when it was a black, gay man who killed the reporters.

The president did not politicize the shooting in Chattanooga when it was a Muslim radical who did the shooting.

The president did not politicize the shooting of the Muslim family in North Carolina when it turned out the shooter was a gay-rights supporting atheist Obama voter. No, he and the political left ran from those stories as quickly as possible. “Look over there!!!” the media demanded. “Look at this story,” they declared as soon as the shooter did not mean the demographics that allowed them to press for gun control or talk about racism.

They moved on from those stories as quickly as they moved on from the story of the gunman at the Discovery Channel offices who was killing liberals for not doing enough to stop global warming.

They moved on from those stories as quickly as they moved on from the gunman at the Family Research Council who was a gay rights activist intent on killing Christians.

Before the identity of the shooter was public this time, however, the president rushed as quickly as possible to make the case for gun control. He wanted to get out the gun control story as quickly as possible, just in case the facts became inconvenient to his politics and the left had to again move on quickly.

What is so outrageous is that this time the president decided to politicize the situation after we already knew that the shooter had demanded the victims declare their religion before gunning them down. But the president never mentioned that. He never mentioned religious tolerance.

Last week, the president told Pope Francis that we should all be able to live our faith in the public square. Meanwhile his administration and allies continue to harass Christians and sue them. Now someone goes into a school, demands to know the religion of the victims, and guns them down. But instead of calling for religious tolerance – as he would have if the shooter had been a Muslim – the president instead demands gun control.

But in calling for “common sense” gun control, the president cannot name any gun control laws that would have stopped the shooting. In the same way Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe demanded background checks after the Virginia shooting only to find out the shooter had had a background check, the president cannot name any gun laws, other than curtailing gun ownership, that would have stopped the shooting.

That is why, time and again, gun control arguments fall flat. But men like Barack Obama keep trying.

Perhaps instead of the president politicizing the deaths of around a dozen Americans, killed for professing their religion, he should first answer a simple question: why are there more mass shootings like this under his watch than under George W. Bush’s watch? I really don’t think the man presiding over a cultural suicide should really be the man who leads on this issue, particularly when his “common sense gun control” policy solutions would not have stopped this tragedy.

Evil is on the rise. It is real. It is active. It is global. And the president more often than not coddles it instead of confronting it.

So perhaps we should just go back to ignoring him.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #18 - 10/02/15 at 21:08:09

This just hit the news, another army vet has saved more lived by denying the shooter access to another room full of students.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 10/02/15 at 21:24:18

How many students in the classroom needed to be armed to stop this
Unavoidable tragedy?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #20 - 10/03/15 at 11:38:01

And so it goes something like this:

You beat him to death? What's the matter with you?

You strangled him to death? What's the matter with you?

You stabbed him to death? What's the matter with you?

You shot him to death? We've got to do something about guns!

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #21 - 10/03/15 at 13:37:14

Just wait until we have a rash of mass strangulation's... Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #22 - 10/03/15 at 14:55:39

A girl I went to school with married a jerk. Relationship in decline, divorce looming, he decided that his MIL and the wifes two brothers, each in their mid to late teens, needed to die. He slipped into the house late in the night, with a baseball bat. The victims were found ,bludgeoned to death, in their beds. Apparently, the noise created by a bat is small enough to not wake people in other rooms, even when the impact is sufficient to knock someone out, then viciously beat them to death. That was most likely a legally obtained bat.

I just can't wait to see what the gun control crowd has to say about that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #23 - 10/03/15 at 15:56:24

2,332 shooting victims in Chicago this year.....   Roll Eyes

http://crime.chicagotribune.com/chicago/shootings

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #24 - 10/03/15 at 16:16:26

Who is the mayor of Chicago?

Oh yeah..... never let a good catastrophe go to waste dude, and Bo's best bud.

Must be something in the Kool-Aid there, eh?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #25 - 10/03/15 at 17:48:33

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/03/15 at 14:55:39:
A girl I went to school with married a jerk. Relationship in decline, divorce looming, he decided that his MIL and the wifes two brothers, each in their mid to late teens, needed to die. He slipped into the house late in the night, with a baseball bat. The victims were found ,bludgeoned to death, in their beds. Apparently, the noise created by a bat is small enough to not wake people in other rooms, even when the impact is sufficient to knock someone out, then viciously beat them to death. That was most likely a legally obtained bat.

I just can't wait to see what the gun control crowd has to say about that.

Really, I'm shocked. Three bludgeoned to death while they slept and nothing from the gun control front?

Chicago, what a shining example. Took the Supreme Court to drive them into an almost Constitutional position. The local powers immediately set about making it as troublesome as possible to own a dang gun.

http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/605498

I'd like to see what percentage have bought, what percentage have CC licenses and what percentage of those shootings are gang violence. Chicago has seen decades of Progressive leadership, decades of being a magnet for the societal sponges who mooch off of the productivity.

I went to see what Chicago is based on economically.
http://www.city-data.com/us-cities/The-Midwest/Chicago-Economy.html

It Sounds good.. well, it sounds better than what I've come to believe.
And I trust no
Official
unemployment reports. Shadowstats, I trust that to be a lot more accurate.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #26 - 10/03/15 at 23:56:09

said it b4 sayin it again

"when guns are out lawed only outlaws will have guns"
not my own words

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #27 - 10/04/15 at 08:16:27

Everyone has a solution (except me).     Government doesn't have a very good record of banning anything. Booze, drugs etc. it just makes crime and corruption bigger and more profitable. As far as "gun control... Recent memories of the DoJ "tracking" weapons going from the US to the Mexican drug cartels comes to mind ....

Fact A very low percentage of SANE people will willingly use a fire arm on another person NO MATTER WHAT THE SITUATION. They may have a CC permit, they may be trained in it's use BUT when the actual situation arises NO ONE KNOWS HOW THEY WILL REACT .    
 AND FYI "guns" aren't the only "deadly weapon" ... I was back east when two guys got into an argument and the matter was "solved" by a crossbow bolt. More recently here an argument was "settled" by running over the opponent with an SUV.  
Every one is a bad a$$ UNTILL things get real ....
Having armed citizens around doesn't make you safer, they be the one who "snaps". Example the retired cop in a movie theater who didn't like a person texting during the previews of coming attractions......

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #28 - 10/04/15 at 08:46:14

You're right, you saw the results of prohibition.
Drunk driving causes way more deaths than guns, yet.....???

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #29 - 10/04/15 at 17:11:00

OI,  ONE example, a retired cop, going bonkers, is not enough to say
CC, armed citizens, is not a good idea.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 01:16:56

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › School Shooting

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.