Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Rotella  T6  oil
Reply #15 - 10/02/15 at 15:16:57

Common knowledge is always suspect, so before I said anything I would try it both ways then just speak to what I had done.

On the T6 benefit side, I have over-revved to valve float going up mountains and down mountains and crawled up dirt roads in first gear (bad for overheating) and done LOTS of abusive stuff (like idling while waiting for 6 guys to finally get their gear on) and T6 withstood all of it without breaking down even one little smidgen.  

Oil consumption using T6 was minimal and always stayed within the "list side stand method" standard vs the Suzuki upright standard at all times, even on our longest trips.

I do have a small oil weep though, that looks to be rocker pin "O" ring related.   Nothing serious, just means I give the head area a bath before going out on a group ride, actually.

What shall I learn?   I'll know it when I learn it.

Wink

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #16 - 10/02/15 at 15:59:14

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 10/02/15 at 15:16:57:

T6 withstood all of it without breaking down even one little smidgen.  

That has been my experience with T6 as well.   Smiley

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #17 - 10/02/15 at 16:36:26

Well then, it appears that whether I use dino or synthetic as long as it is  the Rotella I should be fine. Works for me.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #18 - 10/02/15 at 19:14:57

I've used Rot dino in the bike exclusively. I don't plan on changing brands or styles any time soon. It's never let me down.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #19 - 10/03/15 at 03:36:17

springman wrote on 10/02/15 at 16:36:26:
Well then, it appears that whether I use dino or synthetic as long as it is  the Rotella I should be fine. Works for me.

I was really a "doubting Thomas" about Rotella when I first came to this forum.  I had read other accounts of using Rotella T in bikes with good results - but nobody backed it up with any information.  The Suzuki DR650 guys love it, and I also read several accounts of folks who race vintage bikes that use it....but nothing to back it up.

This forum was different as it provided the data to show that it was the reduced ZDDP in the more modern and more expensive oils that made the difference.  I also realized that if I used the very affordable dino Rotella....most likely I will never have an oil related failure....and most likely I will never wear the engine out.

With my current work and home life schedule trying to keep the weeds and grass cut back on 27 acres, and I burn firewood - so I can only sneak in about 4,000 miles of riding a year on the 3 bikes I currently ride.  All of the bikes, the lawn mowers and my tractor run Rotella T....and I even use it in my Pontiac Vibe (which may require an oxygen sensor purchase at some point...not sure how picky the EPA is being about the life of the oxygen sensor).

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:17:08

General CategoryThe Cafe › Rotella  T6  oil

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.