YaBB Newbies

Don't let sanity
ruin a good
adventure....

Fairfax, VA, USA
Passed the MSF course!
09/27/15 at 17:03:51

Hey all!

Just a quick update. Just finished up the MSF course up in here in good ol' New Jersey. Had a great ride up, about 400 miles, from DC area, up through rural MD and PA, and crossing over to northern NJ. Saw some great sights. Spent three days on a little Suzuki GZ250, and after riding my Savage, made passing the test a breeze.

With this trip, and some riding along the small moutains of upstate NJ, I put the first thousand miles on the bike! In 10 days of owning it, aha. I'm loving it so far.

Managed to drop it though Sad practicing some low speed turns, seeing how much I could get the bike to lean, dragged a peg against the ground, and out it went. Was only going 5 miles per hour, so managed to bend the drivers peg for the 2nd time grrr. And bust up the turn signal.

Used some epoxy on the turn signal, since it broke at the signal, not at the stem, and hoping to unbend the peg, if not, hoping someone has a spare lying around! Just a quick update!

ALSO, if anyone has any weekend rides going on around the DMV - NoVA area, I'd be down to meet some people and ride! Especially if y'all are riding Savages/Boulevards!

Anyways! Just my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Best,
Matt

2009 Suzuki S40 Boulevard 8K Miles - Rotella Triple Protection 15W-40 - Inline Fuel Filter - Raptor Petcock Mod - Modded Air Filter - Seat Lifted - 2 1/2 Turns Out - ~1200RPM Idle
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Passed the MSF course!
Reply #1 - 09/27/15 at 17:42:24

Congratulations on passing the test.  Too bad about dropping the bike practicing a slow tight turn.  I did the same thing when preparing for my endorsement and I also broke a turn signal.  Check the Market Place and you'll soon find a replacement.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:26:45

General CategoryThe Cafe › Passed the MSF course!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.