Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Do you ever, uh........ (Read 108 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Do you ever, uh........
09/24/15 at 16:37:05

Golly, seems I forgot the question.....
Oh yea, do you ever seem to wonder how you got as far as you did in life?
I ain't talking about GIANT things with major significance, in your life, no, just little things like where you hid the kids Easter eggs, type things?

I ask because yesterday I thought I better mow the lawns....
Normally, we are pretty much through with new growth, and things really go into a dormant phase her on the island....
But it has been a strange year.
After a way hotter and drier summer, than normal, late summer rains brought about an almost spring like rush of growth...
The lawn was about to go from measuring in inches, to feet....
I got the Honda out, and like a Honda, she readily fired, even after sitting a month or so....
The grass was the deep green color, the kind that smell really, uh....GREEN, and wants to stain everything it touches....
Anyway, got it all cut, now I just needed to finish the edging and walks with the gas whacker...
No problem, I bought a brand new one this summer, a more $$$$ model cuz I was tired of the lessor $$$$ crapping out.
I went and pulled it like I always did....no start.
Gee, maybe bad gas from sitting, not sure.
Pulled some more....
No start....
Fiddled and tried again....
No start.

darn

Now I am too tired from pulling to trim anyway, so I just hang it up and go inside....

After the bad gas, and my outboard motor carbs, and generator carbs too, I am thinking I will have to pull this carb and clean it too...

I get home today from work, look at the fresh mowed lawn that looks like CRAP cuz it ain't whacked....
And decide to go out to the shed to fix the whacker.
Cool.
I think to myself, maybe I just got a little to rambunctious on that pull string when it didn't start up right away, and flooded it, or sumtin....
Won't hurt to give it a few pulls before I tear into it, ya know, just to make sure.
I pick it up, and I notice something on it I didn't remember seeing yesterday....
What the heck.
I know its been well over a month since I used it, but dang, seems like I would surely remember this piece of the weed whacker   Undecided Undecided
So.... I switch this new discovery from off, to, on, pull..... and  Roll Eyes

You guys ain't gonna take the keys away to my Savage are you  Embarrassed

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: Do you ever, uh........
Reply #1 - 09/24/15 at 16:40:18

Nope, not as long as you remember its YOUR savage, and don't just drive it off because there are a set of keys in it. Smiley Cheesy

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #2 - 09/24/15 at 16:51:44

Raydawg, it's just part of getting older. I still don't think that is as bad as looking for your glasses and after five minutes of looking for them, you find that you have them on. Yeah...I'm talking about a friend, not me.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 09/24/15 at 17:26:33

springman wrote on 09/24/15 at 16:51:44:
Raydawg, it's just part of getting older. I still don't think that is as bad as looking for your glasses and after five minutes of looking for them, you find that you have them on. Yeah...I'm talking about a friend, not me.

How odd is that, we know the same guy  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #4 - 09/24/15 at 17:57:15

I'd normally say something rude about Quapaws all being a wee bit slow, but after trying to start the Thumper with the kill switch on...... Embarrassed  

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 09/24/15 at 18:12:32

Yeah, I met a guy once that pulled one of them things till he was blue in the face.  I told him to look for a switch too.

WWW   IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #6 - 09/24/15 at 18:15:44

springman wrote on 09/24/15 at 16:51:44:

That's funny! I tried to take mine off the other day and wasn't even wearing them!  Huh Cheesy

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 09/24/15 at 19:07:05

I try really hard to not even think about hunting my cap when I was in the Air Force.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #8 - 09/24/15 at 19:23:12

You guys are funny!

I was going to go riding today on the thumper.... but um, someone moved my keys!

So I took the sportbike Roll Eyes

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
JutMan

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Poconos
Reply #9 - 09/24/15 at 19:23:29

Like someone who was in a big hurry to leave work... Jumped on, got all situated then after trying unsuccessfully to get the neutral light to come on figured to just start it in first.  
OMG, the battery is dead.. I am screwed.. Tried to push start, no good.
Finally when to to see if I had switched it to PARK by mistake which killed the battery, then realized that I never actually turned it to on.

Ok, so you miss ONE freaking step in the process... at 4:00 p.m. with all the ladies from work watching you like a complete moron.

2005 S40 / Jetted / Dyna / Raptor Petcock / Pegs, Signals and Grips Changed / Front Seat Lift
Future: Repaint / Sportster Seat / Breaklight
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 09/24/15 at 19:34:21

Ouch,, at least you didn't drop it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #11 - 09/24/15 at 19:58:40

JutMan wrote on 09/24/15 at 19:23:29:
...with all the ladies from work watching you...

That's when we are at our dumbest!  Grin

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #12 - 09/25/15 at 02:32:51

I really feel sorry for ya'll.   I never forget anything.

I have a method that helps me remember all these little things that you have to keep in place to make your life smooth.

You should try it sometime..

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #13 - 09/25/15 at 03:20:45

youzguyz wrote on 09/25/15 at 02:32:51:
I really feel sorry for ya'll.   I never forget anything.

I have a method that helps me remember all these little things that you have to keep in place to make your life smooth.

You should try it sometime..

GREAT....thanxs!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #14 - 09/25/15 at 04:00:26

I had one weedwacker incident this year.  Before I used it I added fuel, and then went to work.  After a few minutes it stalled, and for the next 15 minutes or so it would start/stall, run crappy.  I finally decided that it must have a carb problem that was not going away....so I walked back to the pole barn to put it away.  That is when I noticed the little white plastic piece laying in the gravel.....the inside of the fuel cap had fallen out when I put fuel in it - so the cap was not venting and allowing any air into the tank. I took the fuel cap off, put the vent piece back in......and it ran great!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 02:23:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › Do you ever, uh........

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.