Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lost my Toolbox Cover Gah! (Read 119 times)
matt1995
YaBB Newbies

Don't let sanity
ruin a good
adventure....

Fairfax, VA, USA
Lost my Toolbox Cover Gah!
09/24/15 at 09:39:35

Hey all,

So after all two days of riding, I come to find out this morning when I went to inspect the bike before a ride that my toolbox cover was missing. Luckily I store my registration/insurance info in my jacket, not in the box, but I am missing the box. I went to Ronayers to check for the parts, and I'm confused as to what parts I'd need. I have a 2009 S40, so I figured I'd ask first if anyone had one they'd be willing to sell if they didn't want/need it, but if not,  which parts I'd need to order from here:

http://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/suz/506b62ecf8700235b8768c06/frame-cover-m...

I'm confused as to, do I need just 12, or do I need the lock assy, to keep it attached, and if so, will my key I have (that worked with the old box) work with the new one? If not, how do I go about this? Keeping it attached. Also, does the gasket come with part 12? Thanks for any replies in advance!

Cheers!

Best,
Matt

2009 Suzuki S40 Boulevard 8K Miles - Rotella Triple Protection 15W-40 - Inline Fuel Filter - Raptor Petcock Mod - Modded Air Filter - Seat Lifted - 2 1/2 Turns Out - ~1200RPM Idle
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Re: Lost my Toolbox Cover Gah!
Reply #1 - 09/24/15 at 09:47:43

You will need 12 and 18, and 18 comes with a key just for that lock, so you will need to add that to your key chain.  
OR
You can probably get the cylinder changed at a locksmith to fit your current key.
Somebody clever could probably McGyver something that would lock the cover in place without a key.

You will also want #14.  Some generic molding stuff might work.

#15 can be made out of just about anything.

« Last Edit: 09/24/15 at 11:22:35 by youzguyz »  

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
matt1995
YaBB Newbies

Don't let sanity
ruin a good
adventure....

Fairfax, VA, USA
Reply #2 - 09/24/15 at 10:07:21

So I don't need 18? The lock cylinder?

2009 Suzuki S40 Boulevard 8K Miles - Rotella Triple Protection 15W-40 - Inline Fuel Filter - Raptor Petcock Mod - Modded Air Filter - Seat Lifted - 2 1/2 Turns Out - ~1200RPM Idle
  IP Logged
Ultimafuego

Just window shoping
with a brick.

Rome, GA
Reply #3 - 09/24/15 at 10:26:57

I would say 12 and 18.  13 if its missing.  I do not believe that the lock, #18, comes with the cover.  There lies the problem of getting a key the same as your ignition if possible.  I have my 2006 cover i believe.  I can get a key made and send it to you. Let me know.  I'll have to find it first though.

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #4 - 09/24/15 at 11:17:23

matt1995 wrote on 09/24/15 at 10:07:21:
So I don't need 18? The lock cylinder?

Woops.. poor eyesight and BIG typo!!!  I meant 18, not 13.   Embarrassed

P.S.  I modified my first post to avoid.. hopefully.. further confusion.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 09/24/15 at 11:30:56

There are several different keyways denoted by a letter on the stock key and sometimes on the bottom of the ignition cylinder.
If you get a key with a matching letter you can get it rekeyed to use you ig key.

another thing, the tabs on the top of the cover aren't very tall and sometimes aren't bent straight down.
If you bend them a little, they will engage a little better and maybe you won't loose your cover next time.

WWW   IP Logged
matt1995
YaBB Newbies

Don't let sanity
ruin a good
adventure....

Fairfax, VA, USA
Reply #6 - 09/24/15 at 13:52:54

Ultimafuego wrote on 09/24/15 at 10:26:57:
I would say 12 and 18.  13 if its missing.  I do not believe that the lock, #18, comes with the cover.  There lies the problem of getting a key the same as your ignition if possible.  I have my 2006 cover i believe.  I can get a key made and send it to you. Let me know.  I'll have to find it first though.

Ultimafuego,

That would be excellent if you could send it to me, how much do you want for the part and shipping if you can find it? You have the cover, lock and gasket, correct?

IP Logged
matt1995
YaBB Newbies

Don't let sanity
ruin a good
adventure....

Fairfax, VA, USA
Reply #7 - 09/29/15 at 17:34:14

Hey UltimaFuego,

It's been a few days, had any luck finding that box cover? It's looking like rain and a hurricane possibly heading up this way in the next week, and I'd love to have my battery box covered if possible. Thanks for any updates!

Best,
Matt

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 13:24:52

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Lost my Toolbox Cover Gah!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.