Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I'm in First with this, right? (Read 131 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
I'm in First with this, right?
09/23/15 at 22:53:17

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/09/22/satisfaction-with-pcs-of-all-types-declines.html

Or maybe someone already has this in another thread?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: I'm in First with this, right?
Reply #1 - 09/24/15 at 08:30:18

Nope, you are the first --- congrats.

So, people are dissatisfied with tablets and laptops but still like PCs relatively more.   I can copy that, I prefer to sit at a large screen and type on a full keyboard.

But many younger people are just as at home on a laptop, never having used anything but that.  

I like this bit though ....

Based on this survey, PC manufacturers have a lot of work to do to improve customer satisfaction. Users of desktops, laptops and tablets rated nearly every aspect of their experience - from purchase to performance- lower than last year.

While the availability of software, apps and accessories continues to rate high, customer perception of system crashes and processor speed dropped 4 percent. Again, the report noted, this is probably due to higher expectations for what these devices should do. Satisfaction with call centers dropped to a new low of 70.

Who do you think they are having to call all them call centers about whomever is doing all that repeated crashing and not working right?    

And who is it that always runs slow like  P..p..porky the Pig all the time .....

It ain't Apple.

It ain't Chromebooks.

Wink      Hey, when you are so slow you make a two year old cell phone seem fast, you know you are in DEEP DEEP trouble .....

Could it be that you are really just that quietly and deeply dissatisfied with your porky slow "new" OS that still ain't working right ????

http://au.pcmag.com/feature/28623/readers-choice-awards-2015-laptops-and-desk...

« Last Edit: 09/26/15 at 12:40:52 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #2 - 09/24/15 at 16:49:02

I am actually going to build a new PC this fall.

I have joined the campaign for a remake of an old favorite flight game and purchased two accounts to allow me and my son to play (if he can get a system capable of running it).

I have always liked PC's that's why I have a few old ones still hanging about in closets, on shelves in the garage and even mayhaps one in storage.

With the invention of the tablets, laptops and cell phones, it brought computing to our everyday locations without all the PC bulk. And that is why they exploded in popularity...instant access to the web no matter where you are!.... the dumbing down of America.... yup.

Anywhoo.... the big 3 all need to get their acts together and improve software compatibilities to each others programs, or one or two will lose out and go bankrupt.

It won't be google.....

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 09/24/15 at 18:07:33

My daughter showed me Periscope. It's like a video conference call, on a party line, the technology is crazy cool. Whoever initiates it is the person the others see and hear, but everyone can see the texts she is responding to. She was in North Carolina. We are in East Texas. I watched the
Where are u?
text, sent, and saw and heard her reply in seconds.
I'm not tech savvy, but I can still appreciate the coolness.
I can just imagine a twelve year old me, reading a good sci-fi describing what I saw today. The Harrumph would still be echoing around the world. thingy Tracy's  wristwatch starts looking more realistic by the day.

Yeah, thingy isn't what I typed.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #4 - 09/25/15 at 07:11:01

Dickie Tracy's wristwatch has been far exceeded by the Samsung S, which is a functional phone and TV and everything else a tiny tiny screen can do.   Just not very practical due to the tiny tiny screen.  Same issues with the Apple Watch, too small.

A cellphone tricorder communicator was a much better futuristic device.   Cell phones are really useful as they are big enough to see and touch and you can talk in your commands now, just like Scotty used to do on the Trek.

Star Trek had it right, much more so than Dickie Tracy.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #5 - 09/25/15 at 11:49:15

I should have whupped out the google glass for you to play with Old Feller.... It was in my truck and I did use it once or twice.

But since it as exceeded its warranty, and replacements are getting fewer and farther between, and since it cannot be replaced (not producing the older versions any longer), and I am not on the new secret X company version beta list, I have been babying mine.

And there is a app for just about everything..... connect your smart phone to your tablet "live" via Bluetooth.

http://www.androidauthority.com/tether-android-how-to-share-data-phone-to-tab...

That's only one of them.... there are tons now... and with Verizon, I can watch TV on my phone if I have at least a 3G connection, but data costs apply, so BE CAREFULL!

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #6 - 09/26/15 at 01:05:19

You got to enjoy being ahead of the curve.   And that was a good thing.

Google Glass is going into production soon and the Google price will be about $500-$600 but will be taken down a lot lower by Asus or Acer or somebody oriental fairly soon when their version of it comes out.

================================

Xiaomi is coming out with a lower cost $99 oriental "Chromebook" after Christmas, running Xiao-something for an OS that likely isn't totally like the real Google ChromeOS.  

And Google is OK with this, expects it actually.  

Open source ChromiumOS has been available for years now to be copied for free, but without the Google pieces in it it really isn't nearly as complete an OS like the Chromebooks currently use.   But for the oriental user if it was packed slam full with similar oriental softwares it would sell well as the Oriental teenagers do love their Xiaomi gadgets.

But, yeah,  once again Google will have pioneered another entire device / market with one of their moon-shots that goes on to develop into its own separate tech world.

Google invents stuff, continuously, all the time.   Microsoft just goes and buys stuff that somebody else invented and then screws it up once they own it.

Google develops the idea and then lets it go free, and it grows exponentially in different ways and in different markets to become much larger than just what Google did.    

Microsoft never lets anything go free, it just rots and dies in the Microsoft Store.

Take Android for example,  Google now controls less than 20% of the software implementations and Google controls less than 5% of the Android hardware implementations, so all the rest of it is organically changing and growing Android -- driven by carriers and phone companies to do things that fit their markets and satisfy their customer base and their business needs.   Google stocks drivers and such in the LENARO supermarket so all the various boys have an easy time doing this localization stuff.

There are 6 different Androids running on full sized screens with re-sizable multiple windows and multiple login capabilities -- so Android is slowly morphing into a full blown free OS, being driven organically by carriers and customers to do this using the bits and pieces that are now sitting in the LENARO store.    

Google didn't do this, the world did.    

Now Google simply needs to standardize it into a Marshmallow or Nestle Crunch Bar flavor and kick all the fun into high gear .....

Android needs a standardized appealing full sized monitor "docked interface" to compete with MS's overly expensive porky slow Continuum docked interface.

« Last Edit: 09/27/15 at 16:14:07 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 06:20:48

General CategoryThe Cafe › I'm in First with this, right?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.