Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Daily commuter stalled and won't start (Read 165 times)
Boogie_with_Stu

Look Ma, no hands!

Raleigh, NC
Re: Daily commuter stalled and won't start
Reply #15 - 09/25/15 at 19:37:19

Funny story ( not really)...when I got my 2003 she had been basically sitting for 4 years. Started occasionally and driven around the yard, thats it. Petcock was in OFF when I picked her up.

After a few days driving her, I couldnt figure out how my oil level went UP. I checked it each time that I rode and on the 4th or 5th ride it was covering the whole observation window. I figured I just didnt have the bike level enough.

Bike was having idle issues so I just moved the petcock to RES, no harm no foul...right? Roll Eyes Luckily, I found this forum while looking for info on the idling problems.

Long story short, I had a bad petcock. there was well over 10 oz of gas in the crankcase. Air filter also stank of gas. Replaced with a Raptor and new air filter, then changed the oil. The first of many "wins" from the family here at SuzukiSavage.com.

03 Savage, Pearl Novelty Black,Raptor mod, Boulevard seat, Rectifier mod -'07 Honda Nighthawk 250 stock
  IP Logged
Johnnyblade
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Daily commuter stalled and won't start
Reply #16 - 09/26/15 at 03:35:08

Update...
I changed the fuel line. Replaced petcock with raptor, plugged vacume port, changed oil.
So far starts and sounds fine. A little "wooshing" noise though.
Gonna ride it today and see how it feels/responds. Couldn't see anything faulty with the petcock. Hard to tell with out a vacume pressure gauge. Will keep you all posted. Thank you guys and gals for the patience wi th this newbie.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 13:25:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Daily commuter stalled and won't start

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.