Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Re: Papers Please
Reply #15 - 09/23/15 at 18:53:26

Serowbot wrote on 09/23/15 at 17:38:10:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/23/15 at 01:10:44:

Also,... allow illegal's to get Drivers license's ... then they can get insurance...
Then, also,... they can be identified...
As it is,... they drive without license, or insurance, rarely registration... putting us all in danger...
Make it a special "green" license if need be,... but get these people on the books... and at least, make it possible for them to drive legally...
No ID doesn't help anybody's cause... Huh...
It's not a gift or a privilege,.. it's a way to keep track of who they are,  and make sure they are legal on the road...

I disagree with 'bot on this statement.    New Mexico issues drivers license BUT that does not mean that those drivers have registration OR insurance. (UN insured drivers coverage adds considerably to my insurance bill.)  In NM lack of proof of insurance or current registration is a traffic citation  and the offender drives away. Even driving without a license .....
In some other states (Massachusetts for example) lack of registration, drivers license, or proof of insurance has the vehicle impounded and the driver arrested.     Being able to obtain a driver's license in its self, does not equate to responsible behavior.    

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 09/23/15 at 19:35:08

Serowbot wrote on 09/23/15 at 17:38:10:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/23/15 at 01:10:44:
But, we don't need a fence, we need the laws enforced,,employers financially wrecked, cops catch an illegal at a traffic stop, arrest, deport. It's a lot simpler than They want you to believe.

I quoted JOG's suggestion for a reason...

We should enforce the laws on the books,.. make penalties higher if need be...

Also,... allow illegal's to get Drivers license's ... then they can get insurance...
Then, also,... they can be identified...
As it is,... they drive without license, or insurance, rarely registration... putting us all in danger...
Make it a special "green" license if need be,... but get these people on the books... and at least, make it possible for them to drive legally...
No ID doesn't help anybody's cause... Huh...
It's not a gift or a privilege,.. it's a way to keep track of who they are,  and make sure they are legal on the road...

How can they be legal on the road when their very presence in the country is a violation of the law?
And I'm TORN in saying that. Because I Know, I've Seen , I lived in Odessa. I watched a car running over seventy crash head on into a little pickup. I was trying to get their attention. He was West bound on I20, on the East bound side...
I watched a car from Mexico turn left from the far right lane on  a six lane road, seven counting the left turn lane.

OUR physical and economic safety and security are important.
This is why there are board rooms and tables for lots of chairs. I don't think anyone has all the answers.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #17 - 09/24/15 at 21:19:16

In Minn, one does, NOT, have to, ‘PROVE’ you have Insurance, to get a, License/Tabs, on a car,
(Just have to ’say’ so)   Gee, nobody LIES ?????????
AND, In Minn, one does NOT, have to Prove, one is a US Citizen, to get a Drivers License.

So now, I have a car accident, with someone, who is  NOT, a US Citizen,
and does, NOT, have Car Ins.
A-Yep, If I, have Car Insurance, ‘My’, company pays.
So it cost me little.

BUT, when ‘I’ Pay the, Premium, to Have that Car Ins.
Does that, ‘Premium’, cost, Significantly, MORE,
to pay for the, Un-Insured, NON  US Citizens    ??????

Gee, then,  WHO, PAYS  ??????????

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/08/24 at 00:24:05

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Papers Please

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.