Send Topic Print
Papers Please (Read 136 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Papers Please
09/20/15 at 08:53:34

I can't say I'm surprised.

To comply with the 2005 Real ID Act, which the U.S. government has been slowly implementing for the past decade, citizens in a number of different U.S. states will now be forced to obtain a passport if they want to board an airplane - even for domestic flights.

The Department of Homeland Security and representatives with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection have declined to comment on why certain states have been singled out, but starting in 2016, residents of New York, Wisconsin, Louisiana, Minnesota, New Hampshire, and American Samoa will need a passport to fly domestically. All other states will still be able to use their state-issued driver’s licenses and IDs — for now, at least.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/drivers-licenses-new-york-domestic-f...

http://www.dhs.gov/enhanced-drivers-licenses-what-are-they

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Re: Papers Please
Reply #1 - 09/20/15 at 09:08:38

I can't comment on the other states, but here in the Peoples Republic of New York the fault lies squarely with the the powers that be in New York. After ten years - the law was passed in 2005, NY hasn't managed to make NY Drivers licenses compatible with the new security requirements. Something that almost every other state has managed to accomplish without a whole lot of difficulty apparently.  New York is so far behind the eight ball on this one that the State DMV is actually negotiating with the DHS for an extension on implementing the law specifically for New York. Roll Eyes

Much as I dislike the Feds I really can't blame this one on them.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 09/20/15 at 10:14:14

I wonder who will win the contract to implement the install of mandatory chips, on our person?

Evil will only be conquered by the power of the one who has the ability to conquer it.

Place your chips (bets)  accordingly  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #3 - 09/20/15 at 10:43:43

Well, ‘Chips’, ARE, already, implanted in some people.
They are implanted, at request,
or by a requirement of a very high level job.

This is the, start, of, Everyone, having, ‘chips’, implanted.

(For Better Security)  of course !

“What, you don’t, want to have a ‘Chip’ ?
 You must be a, Savage, who does Not want to be part of a, ‘civilized’, society”

Gee, just think, how convent that would  have been, in the late 30’s in Germany?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #4 - 09/20/15 at 11:05:11

MnSpring wrote on 09/20/15 at 10:43:43:
Gee, just think, how convent that would  have been, in the late 30’s in Germany?

They'd have been called 'pommes frites'

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #5 - 09/20/15 at 18:46:12

Quote:
hovis said: " They'd have been called 'pommes frites'

A-Yep,  'French Fries',  ie, (pommes frites'),  have a  LOT to do with Implanting RFID  Chips in Humans.

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #6 - 09/21/15 at 04:39:28

MnSpring wrote on 09/20/15 at 18:46:12:
Quote:
hovis said: " They'd have been called 'pommes frites'

A-Yep,  'French Fries',  ie, (pommes frites'),  have a  LOT to do with Implanting RFID  Chips in Humans.

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Do you understand the joke? Didn't think so  Roll Eyes

I'm just waiting for someone to mention the Book of Revelations  Wink

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #7 - 09/21/15 at 05:57:55

We'll need to be a cash-less society and the chip will be necessary for all purchases before that prophecy is fulfilled.  How many years do you think before we are there?   Shocked

Best regards,

IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Reply #8 - 09/21/15 at 06:03:11

And a Wiseco 95mm piston to give 666cc   Smiley

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #9 - 09/23/15 at 06:44:20

A few years ago New Mexico residents were told that they would require passports to board domestic flights.  The reason ?  New Mexico issues drivers' licenses to illegal immigrants (No requirement of proof of citizenship, but DID require proof of "residency" in the state).....  (Feds backed down).

Given the states and territory  involved, the Feds must fear an invasion of Cajun  zombies......  Smiley

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #10 - 09/23/15 at 06:59:36

Odd thought... Undecided
When I was a kid, (early 1950s) we were informed that in comparison to the Russians, Americans could travel any where in the country without any form of "official papers".  The Russians were required to have official permission and an internal passport to travel at all.       Now it is 2015 and......... Huh Huh  

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 09/23/15 at 07:21:08

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/23/15 at 01:10:44:
But, we don't need a fence, we need the laws enforced,,employers financially wrecked, cops catch an illegal at a traffic stop, arrest, deport. It's a lot simpler than They want you to believe.

A 2,000 mile physical wall is ridiculous...and indefensible... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #12 - 09/23/15 at 16:58:42

Quote:
A 2,000 mile physical wall is ridiculous...and indefensible... Huh...

What do you propose?  How many is too many?  How do you justify our tax dollars going to millions of foreigners?

Best regards,

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #13 - 09/23/15 at 17:38:10

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 09/23/15 at 01:10:44:
But, we don't need a fence, we need the laws enforced,,employers financially wrecked, cops catch an illegal at a traffic stop, arrest, deport. It's a lot simpler than They want you to believe.

I quoted JOG's suggestion for a reason...

We should enforce the laws on the books,.. make penalties higher if need be...

Also,... allow illegal's to get Drivers license's ... then they can get insurance...
Then, also,... they can be identified...
As it is,... they drive without license, or insurance, rarely registration... putting us all in danger...
Make it a special "green" license if need be,... but get these people on the books... and at least, make it possible for them to drive legally...
No ID doesn't help anybody's cause... Huh...
It's not a gift or a privilege,.. it's a way to keep track of who they are,  and make sure they are legal on the road...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #14 - 09/23/15 at 18:12:03

Quote:
Also,... allow illegal's to get Drivers license's ... then they can get insurance...
Then, also,... they can be identified...
As it is,... they drive without license, or insurance, rarely registration... putting us all in danger...
Make it a special "green" license if need be,... but get these people on the books... and at least, make it possible for them to drive legally...
No ID doesn't help anybody's cause... Huh...
It's not a gift or a privilege,.. it's a way to keep track of who they are,  and make sure they are legal on the road...

Probably only work if the Licenses, insurance and registration were free. Otherwise why would they bother.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/08/24 at 00:57:58

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Papers Please

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.