Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
call to houston area savages (Read 98 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
call to houston area savages
09/19/15 at 17:31:56

Hey there houston area savages. I have not been riding as much as I would like lately. Cool weather is coming up.  I was wondering if you all would want to get together and ride on occasion.  We could decide to meet somewhere and just go for a ride and possibly stop somewhere for a bite. Let me know your thoughts. I live in spring and don't care much for riding on the highways but I will ride just about anywhere.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: call to houston area savages
Reply #1 - 09/22/15 at 10:13:40

Nobody down there wants to ride? Undecided

I would go ride with ya.....but there is that 25 hour drive separation thing we got to overcome.

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #2 - 09/22/15 at 10:34:59

Dave wrote on 09/22/15 at 10:13:40:
Nobody down there wants to ride? Undecided

I would go ride with ya.....but there is that 25 hour drive separation thing we got to overcome.

Dave

I ride all the time.. but springman knows that.  That bad part of Texas.. is that nothing is close to anywhere.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #3 - 09/22/15 at 15:42:32

No worries. I am going to try to get down to youzguyz's stomping grounds before the end of the year. The riding is much better in the hill country than it is in the Houston area.

In the Houston area we have some enjoyable riding in the far north/north east of the metro area around Conroe and Sam Houston State park/forest. And you have a couple of restaurants that cater to bikers in the area including Yankees in Carlos, Tx. Going to Yankees for a burger is a good 180 mile round trip for me. And well worth it.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #4 - 09/22/15 at 15:45:16

I actually pm'd with chzeckmate regarding getting together for a ride and hopefully we do get together someday, but we do live in totally different parts of houston, a good 30 to 40 miles from each other.

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #5 - 09/22/15 at 17:35:40

Guys,

If you ever get as far north as the MetroPlex I will join you somewhere along the way. I must tell you in advance there is no place to go up here except for riding around in circles.

Kenny G

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #6 - 09/22/15 at 20:14:02

You got a good laugh out of me KennyG. Riding around in circles, OK.

Kenny, I am not gonna say you need to come to Houston, but you really need to get to the hill country. It is just awesome in the hill country.

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Reply #7 - 09/22/15 at 20:21:20

Spring,

We returned from San Antonio through the hill country, on maybe RT. 77, in our automobile, running the posted 70 MPH and really enjoyed the trip. What I need is a truck or trailer to get me south of Ft. Worth and then ride through the hill country on my Savage. I doubt that I would make it as far as Houston, but one never knows where they will end up on a cycle if the weather stays good.

Kenny G

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #8 - 09/22/15 at 20:31:03

You have a point Kenny. When we rode to the Sisters I rode from Spring (north Houston) to Columbus (where Art used to live). In Columbus I met up with Art, Old Rider, and MMRanch and we rode from there to Fredericksburg together mostly in a downpour. That part was not too much fun.

On the way back I rode with Art and MM as far as San Antonio. They kept going but I went into San Antonio to have lunch with my son. After lunch I rode the rest of the way back on my own. It was a long, tiring and boring drive on I-10 but it was all worth it. I had never ridden that much in one day before or since.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #9 - 09/22/15 at 20:46:25

Yeah, i'm beginning to agree with you guyz...

I took the wife to NC and the dragon ride this month, and because of her surgery, we loaded the bike in the back of my truck.

I won't say it was more enjoyable than my savage ride from florida to texas... but it was less.. "eventful".

Now as I am not a young man (younger than a few here), but not an old man, I can still ride 800 miles in a day if I so deem necessary (there will be pain involved, but riding pain to me is a good pain).

However, if I was to put a trailer on the back of my truck, I could (pick-up) gather a few older riders and enjoy conversation while we traversed to our destination, rather than spit bugs and laugh while pointing at irrelevant things on the side of the road, and enjoying the smells of road kill.

In other words.... I would not be adverse to borrowing a large trailer, or renting such, in order to enjoy a long and comfortable journey with a few of you guys on the next (youz guyz) texas run. Smiley

I will look into finding such a rig, that will hold a few (six) bikes.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Reply #10 - 09/22/15 at 21:11:08

Old Rider,

You rent a trailer and can make it as far north as Denton, TX I will be glad to "chip in" toward the rental. It would be good to spend some time with some other old timers.

Kenny G

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #11 - 09/22/15 at 21:30:42

Well, then....

From my location to yours, is a mere 10.59 hours, then to columbus, and then to san antonio, then kerrville... is a total of 18.4 hours...

No problemo!  LOL..... ok... maybe I would stop in say, lafayette,LA...to pick up a few riders who would meet me there the day before?

That would make the final trip about 10-ish hours the next day.... see... math does solve all the worlds problems!

I hope we can do this thing....  MMR! DAVE!.... can you make it to lafayette? see.... i can do thinking stuff.... ROFL! Smiley

Ok, maybe six riders is a bit much for my five seater F150..... well, unless i put a camper shell on the back.... HEY! I would make it comfortable for the sixth rider! Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #12 - 09/23/15 at 02:46:48

springman wrote on 09/22/15 at 15:42:32:
No worries. I am going to try to get down to youzguyz's stomping grounds before the end of the year. The riding is much better in the hill country than it is in the Houston area.

Let me know when you are heading this way and I will see if I can take some time off to ride with you.  Cheesy

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #13 - 09/23/15 at 08:35:25

10-4 Mr. youzguyz. 2 weeks ago there were 5 other rider friends  chomping at the bit to go ride the sisters. But I have not heard anything since. I'll touch base with them and see what is going on. Thanks.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #14 - 09/24/15 at 15:54:01

Somebody had better crank up a Twisted Sister ride thread for 2016 as we got two different groups of people talking about the combined trucking and trailering at this point in time.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 02:33:35

General CategoryThe Cafe › call to houston area savages

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.