Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
I crashed (Read 332 times)
Boogieman

Bang! Bang!

NORCAL
Re: I crashed
Reply #30 - 09/21/15 at 10:46:01

I was pretty close to getting a novelty half helmet. I live in Chico where there is a billion beautiful young college girls that find a full face to be kinda creepy at times. But I'm glad I stuck to my guns. No question I wud be dead. A splatter of grease paint on the rocks. I had a bad concussion. Puking a lot. Still can't feel the left side of my face where the visor or my sun glasses cut in. The layers of my helmet at point of impact are separated. I highly recommend that helmet. Hlc or HCl F-##. Half fiberglass, half Kevlar, anti-fog, perfect fit on my massive oddly shaped dome.

'03 LS 650 bobber - Highly modified...crashed it.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #31 - 09/21/15 at 11:26:37

Without that helmet, it wouldn't be so massive and even more oddly shaped. My HJC modular dented the cab corner behind the drivers head. Collapsed enough to split my lip and the strap shoved into my throat, making swallowing hard for about three weeks.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #32 - 09/21/15 at 16:32:28

So sorry to hear of your accident.
Nice to know your going to mend
and hopefully you will one day get
back in the saddle.
Itwas one of the things I couldn't
wait to do after my accident few
years ago.
Keep your spirits up and know were
all here for you..
Hugs and again Get Well Soon.. Kiss KissKim,Genie and Shadow

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #33 - 09/22/15 at 22:17:09

Good choice with the HJC modular, I have one.... for rainy days.
Do NOT stop riding.... your mind will tell you that it is dangerous.... your friends probably already said "I told you so".

You have successfully beat the odds, if you didn't see the guy with the scythe standing in the corner of your recovery room, he left... not your time.

Turn that savage into something different, then hop on it and ride it like it was a new toy. And ...... ENJOY IT......

Don't tell me I am crazy, don't think I am nutz..... you know the feeling of riding in the wind takes your soul where no MUNDANE man can go.... RIDE my friend.... RIDE....

Get well soon.... and I mean SOON! Cool

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Boogieman

Bang! Bang!

NORCAL
Reply #34 - 09/23/15 at 16:02:29

Thanks Kim, Gene, & Shadow!
Wink right on man i dig ur style. Ya, one of my brothers insists I not stop riding. I'm not saying I'll never ride again...I will ride again. In fact, the next time I fly out to see my folks on Marco Island I'll prolly end up on me old mans '76 shovelhead, the bike I learned to ride on. My whole family rides.

But I've learned to take life's "little" hints. My original dream vehicle is a first generation bronco. Turns out an old friend of mine lives one town over from where I just moved. He's got a few of these things he's always working on, so imma take a rest from mad maxing it and turn my bike into my original dream vehicle. Then one day I may get a bike again. Even though i am pretty bummed about loosing my bike, I feel good about the transition, especially at this point in my life. Besides, what am I gonna do when it starts gettinv cold and rainy? She was my only transportation.

IP Logged
JutMan

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Poconos
Reply #35 - 09/24/15 at 17:18:01

Was this part of your report or from something else?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine
Adverse effects:
Another result is impairment of driving skills and increased likelihood of road traffic accidents
Sad

Capture_004.JPG

2005 S40 / Jetted / Dyna / Raptor Petcock / Pegs, Signals and Grips Changed / Front Seat Lift
Future: Repaint / Sportster Seat / Breaklight
  IP Logged
Boogieman

Bang! Bang!

NORCAL
Reply #36 - 09/24/15 at 17:21:30

Ya, i guess you would call that my emergency intake report.

IP Logged
JutMan

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Poconos
Reply #37 - 09/24/15 at 17:25:28

Than again...
Adverse effects:
Decreased libido and erection problems are a common side effect.

I guess it could be worse..

Glad you are still kicking!

2005 S40 / Jetted / Dyna / Raptor Petcock / Pegs, Signals and Grips Changed / Front Seat Lift
  IP Logged
Boogieman

Bang! Bang!

NORCAL
Reply #38 - 09/24/15 at 17:49:03

So i've heard. Possibly your allegations belong directed towards someone or something else. None of that applies to me. It's called misconception. When a victim of ignorance takes what little information one can gather at face value to form an incorrect concept, then creates ideas and takes action based on that incorrect concept.

« Last Edit: 09/25/15 at 05:09:53 by Boogieman »  

IP Logged
JutMan

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Poconos
Reply #39 - 09/24/15 at 18:21:05

No allegations, from me, doctors put that crap in your medical records based on their observations. They most often never have any basis of facts to back it up.  Just sucks that they even put that in there with most likely no medical history.

My wife is a nurse and they see doctors do that crap all the time, based on their "judgement" of the person.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #40 - 09/24/15 at 18:48:15

Yeah, I wouldn't even Let anyone else dig the ditches when the rig moved. People stopped to watch when I was swinging a sledge.
Some people are lazy, and get lazier,,  some people are energetic
And get more energetic,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #41 - 09/24/15 at 19:20:07

Had an 89' bronco.... was a very temperamental booger....  I fixed it up enough to have about six months worth of fun before I sold it to buy a 2000 ford f150 4X4...

Older vehicles are great if you can wrench.... you get to know them and sometimes they are enjoyable, some times they are a pain.

My advice.... buy one from someone you know, or buy one with a "guarantee" at least a short one.
Four wheeling is a great sport...but, well, as with any recreations, there are inherent dangers, good luck....

"Granny Low is the way To Go!"

Smiley Grin Cool Roll Eyes

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Boogieman

Bang! Bang!

NORCAL
Reply #42 - 09/25/15 at 05:07:08

My girl got me a new phone (cuz my old one disappeared in the accident) and it isnt set up yet, so the keyboard puts in words it thinks work better half way through my spelling a different word...like "your" instead of "such". Still not used to it.
Totally. I been wrenching on 4x4's my whole life. The first generation broncos (66-77) are different entirely from the preceding years. My old buddy a town over from where I live now builds them. So I'm good haha.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #43 - 09/25/15 at 11:56:03

Sweet!  Before fuel injectors and ecu's!  LOL! 3 wires going to the engine other than plug wires.... good deal... post up some pics when you get your new project.

Hey admins! How about a new posting section for "other news" or " post other than thumpers" ???

IP Logged
Dane Allen
Serious Thumper

Carpe Diem!!

Riverside, CA
Reply #44 - 09/25/15 at 12:34:17

Wow, man, I just saw this. Really sucks, I hope you are doing better and keep on the mend. With your new phone do you still have the same number as when you were down here?

RIP!! 01/2012-09/2016 S40 Boulevard, Raptor Pet, Rotella T6 Synth, Verslavy CC Tensioner -- You left too soon.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:24:29

General CategoryThe Cafe › I crashed

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.