Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
I crashed (Read 332 times)
Boogieman

Bang! Bang!

NORCAL
Re: I crashed
Reply #15 - 09/19/15 at 07:57:12

Right on jog2. I've never passed out or had a seizure. I'm 34 and healing well. Prolly not getting back on a bike for a few years. I met with the neurologist the other day. It's pretty common to forget the entire accident when u smack your dome so hard. For a while when I got outta the hospital I pissed myself a few times and blacked out once but I'm better now..no more headaches or blurry vision.

'03 LS 650 bobber - Highly modified...crashed it.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 09/19/15 at 08:06:24

What kinda shape is the helmet in?
Pics of that would be interesting, all the way around..
If you landed in lava rocks, good grief,man, I've hunted lava, for aquarium filter media,, and that stuff is sharp, abrasive and angular. You musta passed out before impact, or you would probably have broken more. I passed out just as I made contact with the pickup.. Witness told me that it was a violent collision. My face dented the cab corner, and, without the full face coverage, I'd have been horrifically hammered.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Boogieman

Bang! Bang!

NORCAL
Reply #17 - 09/19/15 at 08:34:15

I think not remembering is prolly a blessing at this point. The cop, witnesses, paramedics, and hospital staff say I was fully conscious, really angry, and in a tremendous amount of pain. The docs had to put me under. I was wiggin out. When I came to after the surgery I felt pretty decent. They had me on a norco-dilodnin iv stack for like 4 days. Puked every time they had me up crutchin around. Head injuries are no good man. I'm gonna be fine though. Big scar next to my left eye. Big scar and titanium plate with 15 screws in my right leg just above my ankle. I'm gonna be feeling that for the rest of my life...every time the weather changes. The fractured occipital epicondyle is the scary part. Until it webs together, I cud move my head the wrong way and stop breathing.

Lots of pics at https://Instagram.com/tjflora/

Ya, the helmet saved my life no question!!!

20150903_135225-240x400.jpg

IP Logged
spearheadss

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wylie, TX
Reply #18 - 09/19/15 at 10:25:52

Get well soon Boogie.

2001 Suzuki Savage. Screaming Eagle exhaust. Raptor Petcock. Routy's Forward Controls. 150 Main and 50 pilot.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #19 - 09/19/15 at 14:18:24

Hey Boogieman, you rascal sonofagun teenager !  Cool

Yeh, I know you're 34, but I'm 55 fso I can say "I saw things you hooomens..." etc.etc. and shake my corncob pipe at you.
Cheesy

Fisherman sailor style !
Grin
Trust me, I am still healing from a ...
"35mph double somersault with my legs folded like a puppet when I landed on my back in rush hour traffic" pretzel...
AND
I actually walked out of the hospital on my own two legs 36 hours later.
St. Peter and St. Rocco (to whom I am oddly devout, me, a semi-skeptic archeological atheist...;http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Roch) told me my guardian angel had a nervous breakdown, he was in midair trying to keep all my bits together as I was gliding through the air over cars passing by.

Anyway, the GOOD thing is you're telling us about it.

Let me tell you, you were most probably hit by an animal (deer?) that slammed into you from the side, so you lost control but never actually SAW the critter.
If it wasn't a deer, it may have been a boar, but if it was,  BOY were you lucky it didn't goad you !

Any chance road signs such as these are common in your area ? North California ?

Anyway, heal up fast, and consider fixing the bike and re-registering it in order to get back on the road... soon !  Cool

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #20 - 09/19/15 at 16:59:14

Best of luck to you boogieman. Sorry about the accident but glad you are healing up.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #21 - 09/19/15 at 20:37:43

I've totaled three. Walked away from all of them, but discovered I'd cracked three vertebrae, years later,
I hope this doesn't mess up your job or anything.
Were I you, I'd get rid of the first thing on that page.
Even though all the words aren't visible, enough is.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Boogieman

Bang! Bang!

NORCAL
Reply #22 - 09/19/15 at 21:03:57

Thnx guys. Crap I don't think an animal struck me. There were witnesses. I'll have to get the police report.

What are you talking about Jog2? First thing on the list? List of injuries on Instagram? Nah, I'm an artist. In my line of work that's all accepted and darn near expected.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #23 - 09/19/15 at 21:07:10

Oookay,
Heal well..

IP Logged
Boogieman

Bang! Bang!

NORCAL
Reply #24 - 09/20/15 at 08:22:53

Thnx for the concern though dude. Wink

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #25 - 09/20/15 at 08:38:46

Really glad you're one of our FF helmet wearing members...
Cool...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Boogieman

Bang! Bang!

NORCAL
Reply #26 - 09/20/15 at 08:40:53

Ya me too lol!!!

IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #27 - 09/21/15 at 04:54:02

OUCH! Glad your on the mend.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 09/21/15 at 07:10:18

That's a rough looking fracture there, take care and best of luck.  Good thing you had that helmet on!

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
digitaltrucker
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 09/21/15 at 09:15:37

I'm going to be replacing my own helmet soon.  It's a 3/4 helmet with face shield, but it's about 13 years old....gonna replace it with a full-face.

I'm an awesomely studly-looking guy, and it'd be a shame to deprive the world of that...  Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:19:10

General CategoryThe Cafe › I crashed

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.