Send Topic Print
Help! (Read 218 times)
Jweintraub
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Help!
Reply #15 - 09/20/15 at 19:32:29

Compression went up with adding of oil. Starter fluid only gives me back fire through the carb valves cked at .004 on compression stroke and it's in time. Rings is the only thing I can think of at this point. It should hold that compression for some time right? Put a leak down on it and in 5 mins it was at zero. I got this bike as a non running project for 250. Didn't even think about the jug having a Crack in it, anyway to test?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 09/20/15 at 19:44:06

Did you adjust the valves or just check them?
Do you know Why it got parked?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Jweintraub
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 09/20/15 at 20:07:12

Just cked them they where in spec. They guy sad he was riding it to work and it just shut off he got it back to the house and didn't mess with it after that.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #18 - 09/20/15 at 20:27:00

I don't know your age or experience, but I know mine. If it was mine I'd get in and look at the tensioner. Once that was squared away I'd be looking at getting it running, and not pulling the head until I knew that had to be done. You had compression, three times. Leak down, yeah, I'm sure they're valuable, but really, the rings have gaps.
All the engine cares about is what is the compression when the engine is spinning.
Low compression will run..
If it's backfiring out the carb, I'm wondering about how the valve check was done. I'm gonna go back and read,, if you didn't describe how you did it, that'd be good.
I wouldn't hit the starter until I'd looked inside.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Jweintraub
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 09/20/15 at 20:54:05

Popped all needed covers I.e valve inspection covers and timing port cover 17 mm turn the crank ccw with fingers on the intake rockers till TDC on the compression stroke and then slide the filler gauge between the adjustment screw and the valve all 4 where at .004.

IP Logged
Jweintraub
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 09/20/15 at 20:57:04

Also cam Chain and all look brand new I've got about a 1/4 of the plunger out just eyeballing it.

IP Logged
Jweintraub
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 09/20/15 at 20:59:08

Also an engine will back fire if the valve seats are worn and the engine can not hold compression. I thank you guys all for the help

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #22 - 09/20/15 at 21:52:34

Well, you've got a bunch studied. You lined up the marks inside the cover where you had the ratchet..
Whatever you decide, you'll have some guys here who have been in that far.

IP Logged
Jweintraub
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 09/20/15 at 22:00:20

Justin thanks for all the help bud I'm going to keep poking and see what I find. It's just odd to be that it leaks down so fast and a say 4 cyl honda if it where to leak dowe that fast I would have no compression. I need to do the oil plug fix on this bike anyway so I'm kinda glade I pulled the motor.  I read you can do it with it on the bike but I'm kinda tall 6'2" and don't like to bend. That way. I'll keep you posted as to what I do and how it works out thanks so much and safe riding my friend

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #24 - 09/21/15 at 07:00:19

Well, it Can be done, on the bike. But, I wouldn't. I'm old and crippled up. Stuff like that goes on a bench. And if I was six foot plus it is absolutely certain it'd be on a bench.
Some guys  have built cradles to stabilize it on the bench.

IP Logged
Jweintraub
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 09/25/15 at 12:09:10

So after pulling the jug I found the problem! Scaring at the bottom of the jug Huh So I'm going to over bore it 1 mm I'm about to order a early dr650 95mm piston kit. My question is where to a start with re jet can someone post me in the right direction plz. Also would a 96mm be better I can get it cheaper for some reason?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #26 - 09/25/15 at 13:01:23

Did you pull the engine or just get down and rassle that booger?
Can you get some pictures of it?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 19:25:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Help!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.